Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: So about this Kusari Civil War thing...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Given how successful this civil war thing has been, could we have some insight about what Dev team is planning, granted they planned anything at all?
Will the Exiles/Imperials cease to exist as a NPC faction?

Here are some thoughts.

Exiles/Imperials.

That probably was a good idea on paper when this faction was designed (4.85). Some Kusari Naval Forces fighting in Bretonia against the GRN. Making friends with their formers enemies, blablabla. Good RP opportunities.
So there has been like... 4 factions attempts now? All of them miserably failing. Not to mention current Exiles/Imperials are pretty much Blood Dragons MK2, Blood Dragons fighting to get the original Imperial blood line to the throne, Exiles fighting fighting to get the Samura backed (2nd) bloodline to the throne. And Blood Dragons are pretty much dead already so what's the point to add yet another faction with the same goals?

What could happen ?

1) War against Gallia.
The Republic dies and the Empire is restored. Kusari sides with Liberty / Bretonia against Gallia. While this makes sense lore wise, it's probably a not so good idea. GRN has almost no allies and a lot of enemies already. And it doesn't seem GRN is really active, so how giving them even more things to shoot would improve things?

2) War against Liberty.
The Imperials disappear. Kusari either becomes a Gallia protectorate or is partially annexed. Kusari sides with Gallia against Liberty (potentially Bretonia). Due to the weakened state of Kusari military, Shikoku is probably partially invaded by Liberty. Gallia sends assets to attack Liberty from Kusari borders.

3) Keep the civil war going.
Lol, Kusari is boring anyway.

So I'm curious about that one.
What do people want?
What are devs planning?
Is cyber morally condemned by religious institutions?
What definitively needs to be removed is the civil war thing. So it really doesn't matter if you choose option 1 or 2. Just do something . If you ask me, Option 2 is the best. Just because you always find something to shoot in Liberty.
The Civil War would be great, if it was actually moving, and actually a full out civil war. At work now, but I had a plan a while ago, a full blown civil war. IKN/Samura/FA/Hogs vs Kishiro/GMG/BD/GC with the KNF basicly stuck in the middle. The IKN force would have Kyushu and Shikoku, KNF would have New Tokyo, Kishiro et al would have Honshu and Hokkido. And then, kerplow everyone just starts duking it out. smugglers and traders run rampant, pirates abound, massive battles litter the house. But that can only happen if the damn story progresses. What we have now isn't a civil war, it's an insurgency. A civil war should involve everyone in Kusari not just the IKN and KNF.
(10-18-2016, 12:55 PM)Yaoquizque Wrote: [ -> ]1) War against Gallia.
The Republic dies and the Empire is restored. Kusari sides with Liberty / Bretonia against Gallia. While this makes sense lore wise, it's probably a not so good idea. GRN has almost no allies and a lot of enemies already. And it doesn't seem GRN is really active, so how giving them even more things to shoot would improve things?

2) War against Liberty.
The Imperials disappear. Kusari either becomes a Gallia protectorate or is partially annexed. Kusari sides with Gallia against Liberty (potentially Bretonia). Due to the weakened state of Kusari military, Shikoku is probably partially invaded by Liberty. Gallia sends assets to attack Liberty from Kusari borders.

Option #1 is the opposite of making sense, though...

iirc Gallia completely mashed over the Kusarian fleet as they appeared while they were invading Bretonia. Kusari rushed to sign a peace treaty, leaving the leftover failed fleet to turn into the Kusari-abandoned exiles. One of the results of the peace treaty was assigning a puppet government (republic), which for some reason is completely discarded and never actually roleplayed. Or am I wrong/misunderstanding about this...?

I'd love for #2 to happen, though. Liberty is already incredibly active and Kusari could certainly leech some of that activity by dueling each other. It'd add a lot of intrigue and a lot of plot points for factions to react/evolve around.

The Kusari Civil War was implemented halfway done from what I understood, the final nail of me caring about it was Kempeitai suddenly switching sides and becoming Exiles 2.0, completely redundant...
(10-18-2016, 01:12 PM)Zelot Wrote: [ -> ]The Civil War would be great, if it was actually moving, and actually a full out civil war. At work now, but I had a plan a while ago, a full blown civil war. IKN/Samura/FA/Hogs vs Kishiro/GMG/BD/GC with the KNF basicly stuck in the middle. The IKN force would have Kyushu and Shikoku, KNF would have New Tokyo, Kishiro et al would have Honshu and Hokkido. And then, kerplow everyone just starts duking it out. smugglers and traders run rampant, pirates abound, massive battles litter the house. But that can only happen if the damn story progresses. What we have now isn't a civil war, it's an insurgency. A civil war should involve everyone in Kusari not just the IKN and KNF.

This sounds awesome but let's just remember Kusari player-base is made of... A dozen of dedicated players?

There is simply not enough people to do massive battles as you imagine it. It would work if the entire discovery universe was limited to Kusari. Not going to happen.
Seriously. The last time I interacted with a blood dragon was months ago. And we raid Chugoku regularly. Imperials? They are dead dead dead.

How moving ahead that civil war plot would increase the player-base? What could help?
TBH. The Civil war shouldn't be a thing in the future. It failed. Miserably. And it will fail in the future. Doesn't matter how good the story is. Kusari needs a war against another house.
Players gravitate to places that give them the most opportunity for pvp. Let's just be honest about that. With a full on civil war, people who haven't played in Kusari or don't usually play in Kusari would have reason to come and play. It would also get traders using Kusari to get to other places. With no one really enforcing laws, smugglers would have a free path, except for the Pirates. It would give the GMG which has a decent player base, to come into Kusari. A couple of big events to get the energy going and it could really lead to a boost in activity in Kusari.
Kusari - Liberty war.

Make it happen.
(10-18-2016, 12:55 PM)Yaoquizque Wrote: [ -> ]1) War against Gallia.

2) War against Liberty.

Is cyber morally condemned by religious institutions?

1) Meh. Gallia would just mow over Kusari again.

2)I already have to deal with Ransuers, Scyllas, Valors in Magellan, LSF Sepratists in Alaska, rude miners in Pennsylvania...and you want me to deal with Kusari as well?
IF we went Option 2 Liberty would do what Gallia would do in Option one. Liberty has a naval force(of both indies and official) ten times the size of Kusari's. It would be madness to see them invade Kusari, because Rhineland would have to open engagements as well again.

3):Maybe get some freakin' events going in Kusari and we can get activity for the Exiles/Dragons/KNF/NotTheAoi

Tacos.[/taco]
EDIT: No, cyber is welcomed by all.
(10-18-2016, 01:33 PM)Zelot Wrote: [ -> ]Players gravitate to places that give them the most opportunity for pvp. Let's just be honest about that. With a full on civil war, people who haven't played in Kusari or don't usually play in Kusari would have reason to come and play. It would also get traders using Kusari to get to other places. With no one really enforcing laws, smugglers would have a free path, except for the Pirates. It would give the GMG which has a decent player base, to come into Kusari. A couple of big events to get the energy going and it could really lead to a boost in activity in Kusari.

Don't get me wrong. I like your idea and the whole civil war thing very much. But then again. You like it if you are a Kusari fanboy or girl. Kusari was special with its RP and i know you are aware of that fact more than anyone else here. Thing is. You attract more people to log their Liberty ships or to make new liberty ships to pew Kusari peeps than with a civil war. If someone has no Kusari ship now i guess he wouldn't create a new one just becuase there is a civil war in kusari. It's sad because i love Kusari, but it the truth i am afraid.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6