Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Glendalough Orbital - Conference room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Glendalough Orbital - Conference room
Only those invited are allowed to this room.

[Image: TeeaIfV.jpg]
Meeting with Dr.Rush

*Jimmy looked at his PDA and opened a message from Dr. Rush. He was sending him the names of hish ship, with a message he will come soon. Jimmy closed the messanger and dialed up the station's manager.*

"Patrick? Yes it's me, listen, add those two callsigns to our dockin' list, it's the scientist I was talkiln' yer about. Have him sent 'ere as soon as he arrives."

*He then opened up NeuralNet brower and began searching for a company able to deliver lab equipement*
Rush arrives at Glendalough Orbital with his new ship. He was impressed about the station constuction in a so short time.

Upon arrival, he is greeted by some man
"you must be Rush"

"yes, yes, I am"

"Welcome to the station. Mr. O'Brian was waiting for you, please follow me.."

Rush followed the man until arrival at the conference room, while leaving his science team and crew on the ship. He recognizes Jimmy inside the room. In an ankwardly formal tone he asks: "May I come in?"
*During the walk to de conference room, Rush could see a signs of construction almost everywhere. The outer shell, necessary infrastructure and systems are obviously completed, but the insides are cleary not finished yet. When Rush finally gets to the conference room, Jimmy is sitting on the chair with his legs on the table, and looks at the screen of his PDA. When Rush speaks, Jimmy puts down the PDA and laughes.

"No need to be so formal, mate, noone else than you and me 'ere.

*He puts the legs down and stretches his back a bit.*

"So, what do ya think 'bout me little station? Pretty nice eh? *he turns to the window* "And the view is quite a thing too."
"Very, very nice I must say. You also found a good spot... and I heard that on Jericho there' an ancient wreckage..." he pauses "..anyway..yes, it's indeed a great view!"

Rush then approaches the table and sits down

"You also have already completed most parts in so little time... that's amazing! Have you turned to slavery?"

he jokes, as Jimmy turns again in his direction. Then Rush lean forward and returns to the matter at hand

"..now, about the news I told you about.. I'm not alone here. I have a small science team.. we were using the ship as a mobile lab while exploring and trading.. a little smile appears on his face "you know how it is.. you need money to fuel research"

"..so.. I hope there is room also for them. In the meantime, we will continue to use the ship this way, and.. we could help your station with supplies if you wish"
*Jimmy's expression turns dark, when Rush mentions slavery, but it's gone almost instantly when he realise the scientist was just joking.*

"Well, money can take ye far, if ya 'now how to use 'em. I spent most of me time with me group tradin' and supplin' different bases. I might not 'now how to build 'em, but I certainly got to 'now a lot of blokes workin' on 'em. And besides, these modular bases ain't that hard to put up, really."

*He pauses for a moment, looks at his PDA, and than he put's it down.*

"Yeah, I figured ya might hire some help for yer research. I dinnae 'now much 'bout science, I admit it, but I reckon it ain't that different from other fields, at least in it's hunger fer manpower. There will certainly be a room fer ya all, the base ain't that small. Though it might take some time before I get the labs and rooms ready. Speakin' of which, I'll need ya to make a list of stuff ya'd need installed or supplied. Some of the blokes 'ere will later take ya to the place where the lab will be. Oh and dinnae worry. I had to tell them there will be a lab, not a chance of hindin' it anyways, but they all think it will work on improving the stuff the factories will manufacture. Well... Patrick, the lad who showed you the way 'nows the truth, 'cause he's the one runnin' the base. He needs to 'now in case somethin' goes wrong."

*he clears his throat*

"That bein' said, ye have to be carefull. I really dinnae want to come 'ere, just to see a Jump Hole instead of the station. There's about four hundred people workin' 'ere, give or take, and I'd like fer them to stay alive and healthy."
Rush and his team already prepared a padd with a list of preliminary things they would need.

"Oh.. yes yes, of course.. and I understand you.. that's why in the padd I'm about to give you, that contains your.. list of stuff., there also are components for the construction of a holo-simulator."

He puts down the padd on the table

"Before goin' out experimenting, we would want to run a lot of simulations...and besides, I wouldn't experiment here. Anyway, some time will pass until we are ready for a concrete experiment."

He still was a little unsettled about one thing.. make that two now.. he stands up and walks toward the window, while observing the view he says : "I'm still worried 'bout the secrecy.. the people knowing about this have at least doubled, between my team and your administrator. In the future this could expand.. but could also be a good thing, i don't know.
And.. about the cover up.. I think it will last if we bring results, so maybe part of my team could really work on improving your stuff... I owe you anyway."

He turns back towards the table.. as he needs to relax a little.. with a little smile "Now.. this could be a surprise but, before the lab, i would like to see the bar... if it isn't too crowded!"
"Well, I'm sorry, lad, but the bar ain't finished. It needs some final touches and supplies. And dinnae expect anythin' fancy, anyways."

*Jimmy shrugs*

"I'll look on the list and try to get ya yer toys as fast as I can, though it might take some time. And I do understand yer concerns, but Patrick needs to 'now. And the rest? Well, restricted sector without any explanation at all would be my more suspicious, dinnae ya think? Sure ya can work on that too, but dinnae concern 'bout it much. The factories are largely automated, so they won't 'now if anythin' was improved or not. And after all, what ya doin' ain't illegal. We're just bein' carefull 'cause of Ageira's reputation."
"Indeed. And I'm not the only one working on this... I don't do this for money or for the interest of some group, but maybe someone is. i'm up for collaboration, but I must trust the counterpart.. "

Rush realizes that he maybe sounded a little pompous

"..of course I'm not a saint.. you see, I've met some.. colleagues.. who believes this was impossible.. a crazy plan.. they excluded me from their.." does the quote gesture with his fingers " circle of adepts.. well maybe it is, but if I succeed, could also be a good revenge!"

A strange spark in his eyes appears after this affermation, and Jimmy couldn't tell if this was a joke or not

"Well, you have the list.. what you were saying 'bout the visit on the lab?" softening his voice, almost speaking between himself "damn, those jump hole parts could've been useful..."
*The last, silent words captured Jimmy's atention.*

"Jump Hole parts? What are ya talkin' bout, I thought Jump Holes are natural, no?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4