Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Notice: Meme-related and other OORP names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
sucki.sucki.5.euros shoould not violate author rights of South park then.
This is not about author rights. ._.

It's bringing in memes from the real world into an environment that plays more than thousand years later in an entirely different world in that case.
(12-22-2016, 01:04 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]This is not about author rights. ._.

It's bringing in memes from the real world into an environment that plays more than thousand years later in an entirely different world in that case.

Sucki.sucki.5.sirian.credits
[/quote] Juan Archero wrote:
Define "meme" -- this isn't a joke; I don't remember ever seeing the word until I started seeing Discovery players and Admins obsessing over memes. I've looked for the definition of "meme," but the definitions I've found are vague references to popular cultural ideas and beliefs.
Are you really prohibiting players from using ideas for characters that they got from books or movies?

Where will you draw the line between acceptable and unacceptable names?
[/quote]

As one of the older (maybe oldest) members of this Community, I must subscribe to what Juan Archero said.
Keeping the names in-RP does not mean prohibiting the use of names inspired from very popular and well-known books / movies.

Many members have been using such names for very long time (I am one of them) and this was never a problem, as long as the names are decent and not 'offending' in any way.

I hope the Admins will be able to 'filter out' only the really 'wrong' names.

May "The Force" be with you !
(12-22-2016, 01:27 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]

This is beautiful, why did you not share this jewel of the internet with me earlier, Sombra?
(12-22-2016, 01:50 PM)Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]Keeping the names in-RP does not mean prohibiting the use of names inspired from very popular and well-known books / movies.

YoYo..... Now that is a great inRP name.
Hello

my 3 new account are almost empty due to it, it has been a surprise for me, this mornig i have played with all my accounts full, and 3/4 hour after, these 3 account are almost empty, it's not fun messieurs and not very fairplay without advertising nor question about my rp name,

what can i do now? Say thank you to Hannibal who is probably behind all of it perhaps

i have not been advertised, it's not normal
(01-17-2017, 03:49 PM)NoMe Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

my 3 new account are almost empty due to it, it has been a surprise for me, this mornig i have played with all my accounts full, and 3/4 hour after, these 3 account are almost empty, it's not fun messieurs and not very fairplay without advertising nor question about my rp name,

what can i do now? Say thank you to Hannibal who is probably behind all of it perhaps

i have not been advertised, it's not normal

What can you do now? Make names that are actually English.
you are very funny ah ah ah!

how you explain that a.bas.le.roi is always here charlot?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11