Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Notice: Meme-related and other OORP names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
To clarify, the wave of deletes will be aimed for the most obvious of cases. I will not bore you with the specifics, but we have a whole amount of Donald Trumps, Hillaries, Harambes, Cenas and Rare Pepes, lolexde, smily-faces and other characters that will be the targets for this cleaning. The reason why we are asking you to rethink your character naming is that you yourself take some sort of initiative in order to make the ingame environment better. Even if the character is not meant to be a part of the roleplay environment, our set of server rules does not in any way offer exceptions for such cases. Please be considerate of your ingame presentation and how you look to potential new players.
(12-16-2016, 05:34 AM)Juan_Arquero Wrote: [ -> ]... If DoctorBenDover is unacceptable, would renaming to Dr.BenjaminDover be acceptable?
Names like your beforementioned Mal Reynolds are alright when the char itself isn't copying blatantly from Firefly/Serenity. So a char named Mal Reynolds is no problem, playing -that- Mal Reynolds is a problem. Obviously there's more names out there close to following the same principles which aren't considered correct: John Cena being a prime example here.
As for the above quote... Dr. Ben Dover is definitely too obvious. Dr. Benjamin Dover might fly, but don't count on it. The meme is strong with this name.
What I predict that will happen is that in grey cases such as movie character and actor references, we will most possibly Bastille the ship to get the person's attention to the matter at hand, really.
Brings up the question in me, what about my Kelly-087? For years now it was considered just a name and number incorporated without relation to the Haloverse into the game. Part of the groups RP even is centered around creating similarities in an entirely different context own to FL.
Where are the guys that used to play Mike.Hawk and Mike.Hunt?
So much for Uvuvwevwevwe.O.U.Ossas, the african MND agent :C
Thanks admin team,

No complaints here.
I checked the chars and only 4 or 5 out of like 25 had a name i doubted about and thus got renamed.

Keep up the good work *thumbs up*
You are right when you say that I'm here more than 5 years here.
I actualy didn't considered my characters meme named, this is why I named them like that. My stork also had OC ID, not recruit ID. So, because of this, I demand my trader back. Characters with funny names were created like quickly, to obtain guns or transfer them, nothing else.

Lol, I've been having "war" with memers in this community, the drama and everything. Your sanction seems to be a bit salty, rather than normal "warning"- as it should be. You know, you may have time to think what I did previous five years but I do not. I work like slave for most time of every single day and I don't realy have time to think, will my funny names actualy bother some salty member of this community.

You have given everyone 7 days deadline to switch their characters, but you decide to waste me 150 million worth trader.
Just let it go. Not worth it. Decide for yourself if that means your ship or them.
Perhaps you're right my friend- salty people aren't really worth my time and nerves.

If they decided to harass people who are respectful members of this community, who are already being here for long time, and with their actions, they also made a lot of activity to their server, let them be. I am experiencing that since 2013.

And because of what? Of some salty clown who came here one or 2 years ago, who still has milk on his pube moustache and is already causing drama if he doesen't gets blue messages ingame? Very well.

It's just obvious(i for sure know that sindroms never adorred me, even before becoming an andmin) and funny but also frustrating to realize this, as you represent this community and it's staff as fully proffesional individuals.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11