Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Notice: Meme-related and other OORP names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(12-15-2016, 06:39 PM)Clavius Wrote: [ -> ]More clear now?

Crystal.
You may want to think twice about 'RPing' as John Rambo just to have that name. That's basically trolling to be troll, if you ask me. There's a million more other names out there. Should be easy to pick one that isn't a meme.
(12-15-2016, 06:39 PM)Clavius Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, you need to realise that this isn't about names such as "Luke Skywalker", "Stormtropper" or similar.
It's about "get.rekt", "SUCKI_SUCKI_5_DORRAR", "ayy.de.la.lmao" and stuff like that.
More clear now?

It should be about names like that, though. There's no legitimate excuse for names like Luke.Skywalker, John.Rambo, John.Cena or the like. This change is good, but it should go further and wipe everything that doesn't fit clean rather than take a half-measure.

It takes literally seconds to gen a random firstname.lastname combo instead of ripping some BS straight out of pop culture.
Clavius Wrote:More clear now?

Because if you:

Clavius Wrote:"SUCKI_SUCKI_5_DORRAR", "ayy.de.la.lmao" and stuff like that.

You loose 5k Stork trader character worth more than 100 million credits.

edit: also those chars were pure /restart just to transfer guns.
(12-15-2016, 06:53 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]You may want to think twice about 'RPing' as John Rambo just to have that name. That's basically trolling to be troll, if you ask me. There's a million more other names out there. Should be easy to pick one that isn't a meme.

(12-15-2016, 06:58 PM)Omicega Wrote: [ -> ]It should be about names like that, though. There's no legitimate excuse for names like Luke.Skywalker, John.Rambo, John.Cena or the like. This change is good, but it should go further and wipe everything that doesn't fit clean rather than take a half-measure.

It takes literally seconds to gen a random firstname.lastname combo instead of ripping some BS straight out of pop culture.

It's okay, I understand, you two want to end up playing only with each other on this server. John Rambo considered a troll name, dear God, I lived the day to hear such idiocy around here.
(12-15-2016, 04:32 PM)Inferno Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2016, 04:30 PM)Piombo65 Wrote: [ -> ]Could you check my characters (In About me profile page) and tell me which are not good?

I dont see a problem. Is that really all the ships you have?

I will need a few hours to find out how many ships I need to fix. Soon.

Yes, they are all my ships, excluding one tagged "Export_" because it's a ship in sale.
(12-15-2016, 07:24 PM)Internity Wrote: [ -> ]It's okay, I understand, you two want to end up playing only with each other on this server. John Rambo considered a troll name, dear God, I lived the day to hear such idiocy around here.

There's a difference between literally roleplaying Rambo in the Freelancer universe and having a character with similar traits. You're proposing the former.
(12-15-2016, 07:24 PM)Internity Wrote: [ -> ]such idiocy around here

You know, I can't remember seeing you posting anything positive for a long while here. What we definitely don't need is another Karlotta that rebels just for rebelling. Maybe you should think about a new hobby if you both have nothing to contribute and don't feel comfy here with immersion-securing measures on a roleplay-server.
(12-15-2016, 07:24 PM)Internity Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2016, 06:53 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]You may want to think twice about 'RPing' as John Rambo just to have that name. That's basically trolling to be troll, if you ask me. There's a million more other names out there. Should be easy to pick one that isn't a meme.

(12-15-2016, 06:58 PM)Omicega Wrote: [ -> ]It should be about names like that, though. There's no legitimate excuse for names like Luke.Skywalker, John.Rambo, John.Cena or the like. This change is good, but it should go further and wipe everything that doesn't fit clean rather than take a half-measure.

It's okay, I understand, you two want to end up playing only with each other on this server. John Rambo considered a troll name, dear God, I lived the day to hear such idiocy around here.

Three players. Atleast. I don't need Luke Skywalkers here. Thank you.

Edit: Really now. Is it so hard to create a name without any reference to someone everyone knows?
Well import characters aren't really allowed, (although if you happen to coincidentally generate a generic name, guess that's fine as long as it's not copying the actual character. )

Good to see the meme names being worked on. They were never funny.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11