Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bomb Launchers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(03-14-2017, 08:24 AM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2017, 08:02 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Hey those are pretty good. Now just make them launch downwards so we can do proper bombing runs.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Why downwards? No gravity in space. Why not aft? Means the bomber has to straighten out then pull away as the bombs maintain their momentum.
downward hellfires. That's pretty neat. Although the launching downwards has a logic Problem. They Launch downwards IRL because of gravity which - let's be honest - should not be a factor in space. At least Disco space.
Although it'd be really cool. cap fights would turn vertical instantly once one of those Shows up
(03-14-2017, 08:44 AM)Tanith Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2017, 08:02 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Hey those are pretty good. Now just make them launch downwards so we can do proper bombing runs.

Why downwards? No gravity in space. Why not aft? Means the bomber has to straighten out then pull away as the bombs maintain their momentum.

Or it's because it reduces the risk of damage because they can fire whilst evading, compared to aiming it directly at the ship and flying towards it, getting closer to the turrets.
(03-14-2017, 08:52 AM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]

Or it's because it reduces the risk of damage because they can fire whilst evading, compared to aiming it directly at the ship and flying towards it, getting closer to the turrets.

Exactly - more associated risk. If they inherit the velocity of the bomber, you're encouraged to aim ahead and thrust.
Or we could not dwelve into realism because it's a scifi game. It would be cooler as a rewarding weapon that requires a bit more thought into it, rather than ramming the projectile into someone
(03-14-2017, 09:15 AM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]Or we could not dwelve into realism because it's a scifi game. It would be cooler as a rewarding weapon that requires a bit more thought into it, rather than ramming the projectile into someone

I have to agree with Nyx. Some new mechanics in terms of bombers would be cool to see.
(03-14-2017, 08:52 AM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not delving into realism - I think using velocity tactically would be a fun mechanic. If you integrate that with strafing you could blanket an area in slow moving bombs for a cap to steer away/flak. Just arbitrarily going down seems no different to a downwards firing forward gun and won't be that interesting in practice.
No need for great rationale about which way the bombs would go out.
The way it's presented in the video, it's akin to dive bombing.
thank you guys

here you go

tbh, i prefer dive bombing instead of bombing run, it is super hard to hit any battleship even npcs

also;
Bombs to forward also can dive bomb(what should i call it?) = Can hit Cruisers-Battlecruisers and more chance to hit Battleships
Bombing Run = Very low chance to hit Battleships, impossible to hit battlecruisers and cruisers

But why not have both?
Bombing run = low chance to hit but deals very high damage
Forward Bombs or Dive Bomb??? (lol i dont know what) = high chance to hit but deals low damage
I thought that pre-nerf Cerb Gunboats were used as such an idea to cope with destroyers?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6