Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Gaian and the Cop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
John wandered into the bar of Freeport 1, a rather empty place at this time of night He smoothed his Police uniform, knowing full well he would be one of the most unpopular people here, still no one could do anything about it. He looked around, taking note of the other patrons and looking for one in particular. He saw outcasts and zoners, a handful of corsairs and, most importantly, the Gaian he had met outside. She was already at the bar, drinking a glass of water while she waited.

He strolled on over to her and sat beside her.
''Caroline Ross?'' he said looking at her ''I hope you are still interested in continuing our little conversation we had outside''
- I wouldn't be here otherwise, would I? - Caroline replied, looking back at John. She wore a black, military-like uniform, decorated with complicated emerald patterns and symbols on the collar, and some emerald details elsewhere. Her hair was of a darker shade of blond and wavy. She seemed to be fourty at most. She studied him closely before and while he answered.
He looked back at her, she was pretty, but hard. A no nonsense sort of character it seemed. He thought It strange that such an individual would be so open to going out for a drink.

''I suppose that's true.'' He ordered a whiskey before continuing ''So, Gaian's eh? what's the story there?''
- There's no story to it. I was born and raised as one. - she replied and sipped her water. - I look at myself and Gaians just like you look at yourself and Bretonia. I guess, at least. I can't possibly know if you're a loyal citizen, after all. But you look like one.
He took a sip of his whiskey ''There is that old saying ''Looks can be deceving'', but my own understanding of loyalty is doing a job. In this case it's figuring out if you're my enemy. I don't reckon you are. Still, I disagree about you not being having a story, everyone has one, being born a Gaian hardly does you justice, so come. Tell me why you are a Gaian''
- Why am I a Gaian... - she repeated, thoughtfully looking a bit aside. She then went silent for a few seconds, thinking over her next words. - The Gaians... They stand up for things I believe in. They want to fix issues I find imperative, they fight for what I think is worth fighting for. And they've been my family for my entire life. - she explained.
''Hmm. No shame in that. I dare say its a better reason than most have. So on that note then, what is life like in the gaians?''
- Humble and a little crowded at times. But the people more than made up for it. Goddess bless all of them. - she took another sip from her glass. - People could learn a lot from them. It's a completly different world. Better one, I'd say. Such a shame nobody wants to listen.
''I'll listen. What is it the Gaians want?''
- Many things, for there any many things wrong with everything. Look at Leeds. Yes, Leeds is a very good example. At least, the old Leeds, before the Gauls took it over. It was such a sad place. Its ecosystem gone, people abused beyond belief, corporate greed going rampant. It was, and to some extent still is, the ultimate cumulation of everything we want to rid this world of. And soon New London will become one as well, if nothing will be done about it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9