Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Elena Voigt|Forlorn // From : Jack Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:
[Image: VFOENuj.jpg]

Accessing channel
Source ID: Jack Light
Encryption: #CYN-581-DPL

Greetings

I've had quiet some time to measure the communes stance and compare them to my own moral values. I'll admit I found them questionable but I thought I might be able to influence them enough to set them upon a better path. Sadly this was not the case, as such I've decided to leave them and was wondering if your group could provide a safe refuge for me to lay low while I decide on what path I must take.

- Jack Light

*** Upon reaching the end of the recording a program launches that causes the message to become corrupt, it then re-encrypts the message and then erases any trace of the message from the network ***

|▫|▫|▫|▫| Incoming Transmission |▫|▫|▫|▫|

ENCRYPTION LEVEL: VERY HIGH

[Image: y0WWDse.png]

[[[ACCESS GRANTED]]]
FINALIZING IDENTIFICATION PROCESS ... PLEASE WAIT ...

• »»» Location: Glendalough Orbital
  • »»» Sender ID: Elena Voigt
  • »»» Recipient ID: Jack Light
  • »»» Issue: A surprise

Hello Mr. Light,

A very surprising and interesting message this is, especially when it's coming from you. I hope you will understand when I tell you that looking at it, your request seems more or less suspicious. Something we definitely don't want is a Commune spy sniffing around our station.

Hence, first of all I'd like to know in greater detail why exactly you decided to leave the Commune. I for my part think I know why, but I prefer to hear it by yourself. In which way did their moral values not correlate with your own? In which way have you tried to influence Commune then? Just some questions out of curiosity, I want to be able to judge of how much truth your words are. The only reason we are even thinking about this is because we believe everybody deserves a second chance, and I have experienced myself how Commune's leaders can mess with people's minds.

You'll find yourself able to dock at Glendalough Orbital in a short while, additionally with a key to one of the appartments. It won't be the most luxurious, but I'm sure you'll be able to live with it for a while. Ask an assistant to lead you to your appartment after you've arrived, and you'll be ready to move into your temporary home. Also, you'll have access to the public places of Glendalough, namely the various bars and markets. However, if your expection has been to spy, I'm afraid I must disappoint you by telling that access to any other of our facilities has been denied. Maybe this will change when we believe we can trust you enough, however don't count on it.

Also, we'd like to ask for something in return of housing a known criminal on our station. We are aware that you must've been a big shot in the ranks of the Commune, keeping in mind you had been the one to negotiate with us. And hence, it's quite obvious you do know a thing or two about your former organization, what they are up to, how big their numbers are and if they got any outposts we should be aware of. If you truly despise their ways as much as you told us, I'm sure you won't have any scruple to give away some information about them.

If this is guaranteed, you can regard this deal as done until you found how to presume with your life. Depending on your choice, we might become neutral entities, or will have to hunt each other again.

Yours sincerely,
Elena Voigt,
Knight Captain

The Forlorn Hope

|▫|▫|▫|▫| Terminating Transmission |▫|▫|▫|▫|
Quote:

Accessing channel

Greetings

I expected that there would be some level of suspicion so this is not entirely unexpected. The core difference between the Commune's value's and my own is that they wish to merge the human race into the nomads "Hive mind" effectively making us one with them, to me this is little more than enslaving the human race by bringing it under nomad control. What I believe in is a true peace between Nomads and humans, one where each species respects the others right to exist, I even hope that one day they might even trade goods with us but perhaps I'm a little too ambitious.

As for accommodation, that is acceptable since I only require a place to lay low while I decide on which path I should take, there are quiet a lot of enemies that would love to get their hands on me as you can imagine however I have friends in high places. The only reason I contacted your group first is because I thought it unlikely that they would come looking for me there.

Additionally you are correct, I have much information about the commune and it's goals, not only do I have a copy of every report I've ever submitted to them I also know the location of their installations and what alliances they have. I'll be somewhat vague on specifics though as I plan to sell this information in order to fund myself and continue to operate in my own interests, I will however explain their movements.

They have a presence in both Liberty and the omicrons at the moment, their presence in liberty is simply for the act of piracy so that they may fund their operations within the omicrons as well as funding their science division. They have an installation in omicron beta as well as an outpost in omicron kappa which allows them to operate effectively within the omicrons especially when one considers that they can still use zoner bases to land.

- Jack Light

*** Upon reaching the end of the recording a program launches that causes the message to become corrupt, it then re-encrypts the message and then erases any trace of the message from the network ***

[[[ACCESS GRANTED]]]

Hello again Mr. Light,

These first bits of information were already somewhat interesting I guess, however nothing reveiling, surprising or even game changing. The hint at the two Commune installations Beta and Kappa however sounds very promising, not that we could have any use for this information right now, but you never know which opportunities the future will offer you, you know?

Just as this opportunity to talk to you in a neutral fashion is a very interesting opportunity. I'd however like to remind you that as we offer you shelter on our station, you'll have to pay these debts one day. As much as we consider ourselves friendly people who offer twisted souls another chance to shape their lives, nothing in life is for free. The easiest way to pay these debts would be to give us a greater insight in your knowledge regarding the Commune, however if you rather want to sell these for money, I'm sure there will be many other opportunities we can ask a favor of you. How pleasant these opportunities would be for you however is questionable.

It's your decision however in which way you want to pay the debts, as I already said.

If we were to exchange information, I believe a more personal meeting would be appropriate. Comm channels can be insecure, even ours, so I wouldn't like to take the risk and let you reveal decisive information in such a way.

Yours sincerely,
Elena Voigt,
Knight Captain

The Forlorn Hope

Quote:

Accessing channel

Hello again

While I appreciate the fact that you are offering shelter I do not like having an anchor attached to my ankle saying that I owe some sort of dept. I came seeking refuge and you asked for some intelligence which I did offer. Manipulating people to your achieve your own goals might work with others Elena, but I am quiet different. I too would be interested in a more personal meeting not so much that I can relay more information but more so that we might better understand each others positions, though I might be vulnerable right now I'm not as vulnerable as you might think.

- Jack Light

[[[ACCESS GRANTED]]]

Hello Mr. Light,

I apologize if the words I chose in my last message seemed too harsh to you, but in the end, this is just an answer you must have expected, really. If we are willing to help you out, we'd like to be helped out by you one day too if such a necessity arises. That's all.

We're not pushing you to reveal data you don't want to reveal as of yet, of course. However, as I understood you, the Commune seems to have plans you highly dislike and don't correlate with your own, which makes me wonder whether you are truly that much of a business man to not care who you sell those information. Or to make people pay money for it who could, one day maybe, do something about it with the help of others. As far as you told me, I can only state the ways Commune is following seem very dangerous to the human race, enslaving us to the nomads, and you are still thinking only about business and money? This is an honest question, as I can't judge as of yet what kind of person you are exactly. One who cares for money, or one who cares for the sake of humanity.

Your idea doesn't sound bad, we should consider a more personal meeting, without any sort of ambushes - which I'm not assuming, but I still am not hundred percent sure you've turned your back on Commune. Let this meeting be a good and trusted one, then my doubts will vanish. Just suggest a date, time and location and I will be there. Most preferably would be our own station, however.

Yours sincerely,
Elena Voigt,
Knight Captain

The Forlorn Hope

Quote:

Accessing channel

Greetings

As of right now self preservation is my primary goal, seeing as I'm regarded as hostile by many entities and I'm unsure of who exactly I can trust I'll need money to disappear under the radar. Since the nomads aren't an imminent threat to humanity I do have a degree if flexibility in what I divulge. However I will tell you something else rather interesting... something that could easily be sold to DSE as information. It's known of Commune's hatred towards the DSE group and I happen to know they've been planing to assault their base in Kansas for some time now.... when exactly it will happen I can't say but I do know it will be soon. In the mean time I'll be around Pennsylvania should you wish to meet.

- Jack Light

Quote:

Accessing channel

[[Re-Transmitting]]

[[[ACCESS GRANTED]]]

Hello Mr. Light,

Thanks for that further bit of information, we will make sure to put it into good use. I'm pretty sure DSE indeed will be intersted in this, however I could also imagine that that's no new information for them either.

Anyways, as for the meeting, I suggest our top notch bar on Glendalough, the one that you already had the pleasure of visiting too, I believe, right? 96 Slide is the name. Get down there, I'll be waiting there.

Be a little bit careful however if you meet any of our droids on the corridores, however I'm sure a man of your calibre won't have any problems if one of them decides to jump attack you.

Looking forward to that meeting.

Yours sincerely,
Elena Voigt,
Knight Captain

The Forlorn Hope

Quote:

Accessing channel

Hello again,

Very well we shall meet on the bar, I'm familiar with the stations layout so there shouldn't be any property damage to worry about, however the meeting will have to be kept brief as I have arranged a meeting elsewhere with another party.

I'll let you know when I arrive there.

Pages: 1 2