Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Corsair capital ship. WIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
https://p3d.in/QWvvo

This is the model for the destroyer I sent nearly year and a half ago, still isn't finished mind you.
Swallow, your model could be a replacement for Legate since the Legate isn't really a quality model (even though it's pretty decent for a heavy bs in pvp).
what's up with those spike mohawks

they look bad
I will happily replace the Legate with this if the front is changed up a bit. As it stands now, the top front profile looks like a deformed bustard, but the rest of the mesh is spot on. I need to run out the door, but I'll be happy to point out the exact area and my recommended changes when I get back.
Why would you want to replace the old Legate, tho? It's one hell of a battleship.
(08-26-2017, 08:50 PM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]what's up with those spike mohawks

they look bad
you look bad

---
Jokes aside, that's pretty neat, and a neat replacement for the Legate.
Why would anyone replace the Legate? It is one of the best-looking battleships in the game. Its shape is also decent for PvP, but not OP. The only thing it's bad for is going through asteroids -- something that battleships are not supposed to do in the first place, especially not the heavy ones. I also really like how its shape resembles a Spanish galleon.

I'd rather use this as a destroyer. It's quite Storta-like, and thus easy to balance towards fighting her main opponent.
I'm not a corsair player at all. Quite the opposite. But what's keeping this from becoming a BC and that model Clavius posted as a dessie?

Or is there a dev rule that no faction can have a complete ship line or variations when the others don't have that or something?

Sure the effort could be spent on something else but modelling is highly motivation reliant. If someone feels like doing a sair ship... hell let them.
(08-26-2017, 09:13 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]Why would anyone replace the Legate? It is one of the best-looking battleships in the game. Its shape is also decent for PvP, but not OP. The only thing it's bad for is going through asteroids -- something that battleships are not supposed to do in the first place, especially not the heavy ones. I also really like how its shape resembles a Spanish galleon.

I'd rather use this as a destroyer. It's quite Storta-like, and thus easy to balance towards fighting her main opponent.

Yep, dont touch "Legate" people!
To my knowledge Unlucky is not going to submit anything anytime soon. Might be incorrect on this one, but I think it is like that.
(08-26-2017, 09:16 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not a corsair player at all. Quite the opposite. But what's keeping this from becoming a BC and that model Clavius posted as a dessie?

Or is there a dev rule that no faction can have a complete ship line or variations when the others don't have that or something?

Sure the effort could be spent on something else but modelling is highly motivation reliant. If someone feels like doing a sair ship... hell let them.

I doubt any other faction has 3 cruisers?

Though I wouldn't mind having Praefect as cruiser, destroyer we submited already and this one as BC. : )
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6