Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Corsair capital ship. WIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
You ask my why I do this? Because it gets hyped unlike Kamome or OC battletransport or Xeno VHF.
Keep it rolling guys.
or corsair sell all praefect to Hogosha and stop building praefect and made a new bc for their fleets!!! Wink
Just because no other faction got good models to get all three? That's why I ask if there's dev guidelines.

The OC AT is awesome. I can't wait to fly that thing. Might bring me back into piracy.

The Hogosha variant doesn't really make a lot of sense...
(08-26-2017, 09:24 PM)Swallow Wrote: [ -> ]You ask my why I do this? Because it gets hyped unlike Kamome or OC battletransport or Xeno VHF.
Keep it rolling guys.

Xenos sorely need a VHF. A lot of the people hyping are indie cap pilots - not to lessen their imput, but that's not the denominator we should mod around. It should be what group has a pressing need for what.
(08-26-2017, 09:04 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]I will happily replace the Legate with this if the front is changed up a bit. As it stands now, the top front profile looks like a deformed bustard, but the rest of the mesh is spot on. I need to run out the door, but I'll be happy to point out the exact area and my recommended changes when I get back.

I'd really not make it a bs for balance's sake. There's no way it'll be a heavy battleship with that shape, and Corsairs desperately need a viable cruiser. Praefect is already bigger than most BCs and should become one. You could downscale it to make it a light/medium bs, but there's already Murmillo and having 2 very similar capital ships is unnecessary (look at the Geb and Osiris).
(08-26-2017, 09:16 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not a corsair player at all. Quite the opposite. But what's keeping this from becoming a BC and that model Clavius posted as a dessie?

Or is there a dev rule that no faction can have a complete ship line or variations when the others don't have that or something?

Sure the effort could be spent on something else but modelling is highly motivation reliant. If someone feels like doing a sair ship... hell let them.

The current Praefect model is already high quality and can easily be recycled into a BC. The level of detail on this ship is also a little too high for it to be anything smaller than a battleship.

Edit: It is worth noting though that model submissions are currently closed. I'm not going to break that rule just because a model of exceptional quality comes along. End result is that this may end up sitting for a little while while we work on the current backlog.
Looks gud :3
(08-26-2017, 10:56 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]while while we work on the current backlog.
Can you let us know what's cooking?
(08-26-2017, 11:08 PM)ronillon Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2017, 10:56 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]while while we work on the current backlog.
Can you let us know what's cooking?

Battleships - Deimos CR Dreadnought
Cruisers - Hurricane SCRA Battlecruiser, Lictor Corsair Destroyer
Gunships - Interloper Lane Hacker Gunship (replacement model)
Transports - Aspis Outcast Battletransport (formerly armored transport)
Fighters - Wyvern Kusari VHF (replacement model), Alize Noir UC VHF

I may well be forgetting something, but those're the ones that stick out in my head.
Can we get the old GRN cruiser model back as a gallic cruiser?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6