Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Wreck in Omicron 85
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Battleship Namura Omicron-85

Scans indicate the wreck of the GMG Namura -
former RNS - Blitzkrieg, stolen in Sigma-13
from the Rheinland Military during the 80-year
war. Last reports of the Namura indicate a
surprise attack by the Outcasts.
Transcription of the last communication
received from the Namura follows:
"... ... outnumbered... ...ings... ... Sab...
e f....ers... ..............."

Yeah, so I have debated firmly that there wasn't anything I could find in-game that gave any precedent for GMG to be fielding large ships. Eppy has pointed this ship out and I went and checked it up.
So this brought a couple questions to mind:
Who made the system?
What's the intended story behind that ship?
Particularly the ship, I feel this is very significant as it will impact how I view GMG as an entity and of course on what stance I'll take overall.
I'm leaning towards the fact that the modder did not sufficiently understand the GMG's RP prior to creating this Easter egg.

That said, if this does have a story behind it, I'm very interested...
We system modders do often take such little liberties to help create better systems. I am not totally familiar with the IMG outcasts or nomads but I have made contributions that might affect them just like this wreck. It seems that no action can be made without first discussing things as a comitee and that makes for boring "discovery" if so many people already know that was going to be included.

At the time 0-85 was created the examination of RP wasn't nearly as common as it is today. I think he just wanted to have a battleship wreck, since they are rare, and felt that in that regoin of space outcasts and GMG were the most likely combatants.

Post was edited by NEXUS at 12:04 am EST.
<sigh>

This is really throwing us a monkey wrench. There may as well be a jury rigged Xeno dreadnought wrecked in Puerto Rico...
Please understand I am not mad, I was making an attempt to run GMG strictly to cannon RP, I honestly had know idea of this tidbit of information, and I just need to know about it.
How can I run this thing if I am being denied information?
I need info.
That system was created by Nightfall, along with 0-82, Tau 63, and Tau 65. At the time, as your assumption is
correct, not quite so much thought was put into the info cards. I'm sure that can be corrected ...

Hood
I'm interested in GMG RP myself... Is there more to this than a simple wreck added in? I'd never heard of any Discovery integrated story regarding the GMG.
Its a an honest mistake to not know about it Prowler. I don't think very may people actually fly into O-85 so it isn't common knowledge. And yes Hood is right, if nessary the wreck can easy be ajusted. Perhaps a prison liner refit as a Survey vessel? Either way this is easy to sort out.

However, I will stick with my argument in the other thread that GMG should within the Mod rules still be allowed to have capital vessels. whether players choose to us ethem is thier choice.
' Wrote:That system was created by Nightfall, along with 0-82, Tau 63, and Tau 65. At the time, as your assumption is
correct, not quite so much thought was put into the info cards. I'm sure that can be corrected ...

Hood

Okay, well we already have the wrecks in the game.
Sounds like the popular vote is for Caps in the ID.
Curious on that, I wish to bring up Dabs thread that refered to the benefits of an official faction.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29673
Can a measure of that benefit be put to use here?
Either in the info cards or the direction of GMG's shipline.
I originaly perceived that the caps were given to the old unofficial GMG as a tool to fight off the Corsair GBs and they most definitely took it too far with their raids into Stuttgart and causing problems at Honshu.
I would like to have GMG as enmeshed with the Disco RP as much as possible and I am willing to go either way with caps, I just need to receive or create solid RP for it. Not mention the debate I'd bring up with the rest of the Guild Master. ;)
' Wrote:I'm interested in GMG RP myself... Is there more to this than a simple wreck added in? I'd never heard of any Discovery integrated story regarding the GMG.

Cool first good source without having to go in-game is here
http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?ti...ners_Guild
Pages: 1 2 3 4