Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship explosion splash damage.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What would be the point of such feature?
No. Cap vs snub battles would rely on caps trying to chase snubs, or even worse, battleships ramming into other battleships before exploding.
(09-21-2017, 10:12 AM)monmarfori Wrote: [ -> ]No. Cap vs snub battles would rely on caps trying to chase snubs, or even worse, battleships ramming into other battleships before exploding.

I would not see this as a problem, more of a nice addition. But we need to sort out bumping and collisions properly first.
It all would depend on how this would be implemented in the game mechanics. In the good ol' DIY game "Full thrust" an exploding capital ship was genuinely one of the players' tactical resources - If you plan it out right, you could whipe a whole strike wing of frigates and turn the tide of battle, a pyrrhic victory if you will. True, some might just go for it right away, however it does not change the gameplay validity of such a feature.

I truely doubt it will be considered tho - it would require some tampering with the hook which few can spare the time for. Still, it's nice imagining.
(09-21-2017, 10:12 AM)monmarfori Wrote: [ -> ]No. Cap vs snub battles would rely on caps trying to chase snubs, or even worse, battleships ramming into other battleships before exploding.

1. Show me any snub that cant flee from any Capital Ship and i will give you real money.

2. Capital Ship can chase other Capital Ship with intention to take it out with him true, but that will just bring another element in tactic. If we make this work in game, any capital pilot with half a brain will make some safe distance before making finishing blow, just like all those captains in history of Naval warfare have done. Proven in history: You newer, newer standing still near exploding ship, couse he may, well explode, or try Kamikaze attack, doh!
This is, or was at some point, a feature in Crossfire. I remember watching a video of some guy losing shield every time he's near a ship that explodes. Could be interesting and realistic, I don't know.

I prefer ramming damage, though. Snubs ramming caps to exploit that flip bug are annoying. They will stop doing it if they get damaged by it. Not sure why this was removed. Maybe it was hard to prove as an attack in Sanctionlancer, since you'd receive hull damage when ramming without losing shield?
you discuss mechanics like this while caps and transports are still being easily turned over by snubs
(09-21-2017, 11:13 AM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer ramming damage, though. Snubs ramming caps to exploit that flip bug are annoying. They will stop doing it if they get damaged by it. Not sure why this was removed. Maybe it was hard to prove as an attack in Sanctionlancer, since you'd receive hull damage when ramming without losing shield?

I proposed this to, naturaly, no chance for that.
face it - nothing new will be implemented in the nearest future. only something that wasn't implemented will be added to the game, at all chances. like no2 ships for players, or reworked torpedoes, or new version of cruiser razors - that kind of stuff. new stuff - forget about it.
(09-21-2017, 12:28 PM)Operator Wrote: [ -> ]face it - nothing new will be implemented in the nearest future. only something that wasn't implemented will be added to the game, at all chances. like no2 ships for players, or reworked torpedoes, or new version of cruiser razors - that kind of stuff. new stuff - forget about it.

*sigh*
yeah , i know . . .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5