Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship explosion splash damage.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(09-21-2017, 02:49 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ].ini editing is not coding. As for all you naysayers screaming about how the end time is come and to never expect anything new....

Expect this. Soon.

Can I send you a kiss via mail?
Bad idea. Terrible idea. I remember playing Crossfire and just as I killed the last Rogue ship my Starflea would explode.

It's just an annoying feature. If it even gets implemented, I hope it won't be able to insta any ships. (Except if a Snub is hugging a cap).
(09-21-2017, 03:28 PM)Traxit Wrote: [ -> ]Bad idea. Terrible idea. I remember playing Crossfire and just as I killed the last Rogue ship my Starflea would explode.

It's just an annoying feature. If it even gets implemented, I hope it won't be able to insta any ships. (Except if a Snub is hugging a cap).

Unless you plan on being within 500 meters of an exploding cap, you'll be fine.
(09-21-2017, 03:03 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2017, 02:49 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Expect this. Soon.

Awesome!

K ok ty. Appreciated Smile
Awesome idea!
(09-20-2017, 11:15 PM)Mephistoles Wrote: [ -> ]This another one of the many things that sounds great on paper, but unfortunately is not good for gameplay.

It's a really interesting feature, but in an actual battle would not be a great addition. When a ship is destroyed, it is dead and out of the fight, as it should be. Were this a pvp respawn server, then being able to damage others with your own destruction might be viable, but considering the roleplay/server rules implications of dying in fight, I just can't see it doing anything other than being a cheap tactic and harming combat in a live RP environment.

Its stupid to look at a massive battle where ships are stroking each other while exploding and doing actual 0 damage to each other when they die. The self-destruct command was removed a long time ago if I am not mistaken or it even was not in the game.

Even if splash damage deaths would be put in game, nobody would be able to abuse it because it would require lots of effort. If I understand correctly, you said that if someone battles cap v cap, one would ram the enemy while exploding to either end or damage them, it would be cheap and would not go with the rules. That being said, Nova torpedo splash damage should be removed because when you nova-ram someone, you die first, then the enemy.
(09-21-2017, 02:49 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ].ini editing is not coding. As for all you naysayers screaming about how the end time is come and to never expect anything new....

Expect this. Soon.

Proof that constant whining, criticisam and reverse pshycology sometimes work, tell something will newer happen and puff, it is there, like magic.

Good work Decepticons!
Now focus fire on "give as back all missiles" post, use Nightmares if you have to.
Starscream, dont you slack-off. . .

Megatron out.
(09-21-2017, 04:28 PM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]Proof that constant whining, criticisam and reverse pshycology sometimes work, tell something will newer happen and puff, it is there, like magic.

I would've preferred "proof that the development team isn't full of complete assholes who have no regard for the game or the community and were just going through a rough patch", but, you know, I'll take what I can get.

(09-21-2017, 04:28 PM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]Good work Decepticons!
Now focus fire on "give as back all missiles" post, use Nightmares if you have to.
Starscream, dont you slack-off. . .

Megatron out.

Pls no.
Let's see how it goes.
If the explosion damage radius is small enough, the impact should not be huge and it can add some nice touch of atmosphere.
Before "Expect this. Soon." everyone was screaming "I want this/that!"

After "Expect this. Soon." we already got someone predicting that it will end the world Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5