Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sirius Coalition Expeditionary Corps|SCEC - Communication Channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

[Image: WieFoKK.png]
TO: HCSTA High Commissar Alexey Novikov
RE: ‘Tselina’ project report

[Image: 1QtY67v.png]
HCSTA

Braillia Report Summary

1. Background

Planet Braillia, Kiev system, was captured from the organisation formerly known as the Reapers of Sirius almost half a year. As ridiculous as the name of the ex-owners was, as idiotic and short-sighted were their decisions and methods. Descending from cardamine-addicted Outcasts, Reapers orchestrated a series of atmosphere explosions aimed at dispersing a large amount of cardamine into planetary eco-system. Their dreams about turning the planet into second Malta failed catastrophically as they lacked the proper scientific organisation to take into consideration all possible outcomes of their negligence. Evidence indicate that they failed at construction of fusion bombs that have no radioactive effect on the environment and instead created powerful “dirty” bombs without even knowing it. As a result the Reapers artificially launched a nuclear winder in the equatorial region, leaving only poles open to clear sunlight. In addition, the explosions released immense amount of radioactive isotopes of heavy metals, contaminating soil and water, and causing acute radiation syndrome for Reapers’ own population and most lifeforms. Due to contaminated soil and water the flora of the planet started to deteriorate and die out rapidly, leading to massive dying out of the fauna. This was an ecological catastrophe.

When Coalition retook the planet, approximately 60% of the local fauna died out, as well as 53% of flora and 89% of marine life (as heavy isotope descended to the seabed and poisoned most of the water in planetary seas). The numbers of the Reapers who died are unknown as their population was relatively small even before our arrival. However, the resistance continued.

2. Research Conducted

Braillia survey and subsequent relief operation were the primary purpose of SCEC since the day of the founding. SCEC carried out extensive survey both from the orbit and on the ground. Our surveys were directed at three issues:
  • Studying the released cardamine
  • Studying the radionuclides contamination
  • Weather pattern changes and nuclear winter

2.1 Cardamine

The survey found that the Reapers failed badly at their primary objective as most of the cardamine compounds were evaporated by high temperature of explosion as well as subsequently destroyed by the radiation. The traces of cardamine in the local lifeforms are miniscule as most species started to die out while cardamine did not enhance the resistance capability. As we know from studying the Outcasts, their reproductive system is affected by cardamine, making them less fertile. We hypothesise, that cardamine in local life forms also infringed their reproductive capabilities, making them even more susceptible to dying out as the result of the explosion. We believe that cardamine poisoning accounts for 11% of the species that died out, making it a potent bioweapon if combined with radioactive weaponry.

2.2 Radionuclides

Both orbital scans and on the ground research found presence of highly hazardous radionuclides of Plutonium-238, Uranium-238, Polonium-210, Caesium-137, Stroncium-90, and Xenon-135 in soil, water, lower and upper layers of the atmosphere, as well as many other radionuclides in lesser concentration. The wide variety of the radionuclides found indicates that the Reapers most probably faced shortage of nuclear weapon source material in conditions of economic blockade and constant war. There is also a possibility that the Reapers were desperate and wanted to try out different types of bombs, hoping that at least one will deliver the expected effect. There is evidence for the second theory as we spotted a pattern of geographical distribution of the radionuclides: Uranium-238 and Plutonium-238 were found mostly in the Eastern Hemisphere, Caesium-137 was found mostly in one of the seas and at its banks, Xenon-135 was present in the upper layers of the atmosphere over a mountain range in the Southern Hemisphere, while Polonium-210 was found all over the Planet. Soil contamination comprised 48 Curie/km2, making it barely useful for agriculture.

Pic 1. Landscape near poles with clear sky and limited ecosystem. Primary location for possible bases

Pic 2. Poisoned sea and thick orange fog as a part of nuclear winter in the Southern Hemisphere. Destroyed Reapers' base in the background

2.3 Nuclear Winter

The caused by the nuclear explosions winter clouded 13% of planetary surface with a thick layer of clouds, comprised of the poisonous ashes and soil. At least one of the bombs caused tectonic activity in the Southern Mountain range, leading to massive volcano eruption. However, the nuclear winter was not that severe in the beginning and would have taken about two decades to clear out.

Pic 3. Fallouts in the form of radioactive snow in the equatorial belt of Braillia. Typical landscape with dead flora

3. Suggested relief methods

SCEC were keen on finding solution to such an aggravating situation with the use of advanced science and unlimited resources from the Coalition. Naturally, the conditions would take approximately 100 years. SCEC developed special chemical compounds for each region with elements binding radionuclides into neutral fallouts. The dispersion of the compound was to be carried out from the upper layers of the atmosphere by means of launching controlled series of explosions. For seas and oceans was constructed a special pump with capabilities of pumping 60kT/day. A network of such pumps could efficiently add compounds to the water with concentration no more than 1.3% to avoid killing of the marine lifeforms.

For soil we planned to relocate the upper contaminated layers deeper underneath (no less than 10 meters deep) to allow to cultivate plants to support the ecosystem. Initially, the relocation was to be carried out in strategically important places. Planetary-wide procedure of soil relocating would have required no less than 7 years.
Combatting cardamine contamination was proved to be unnecessary as cardamine compounds were damaged as it has been indicated previously in the report.
More technical details on the relief methods can be disclosed if so requested.

4. Current State

To our regret, SCEC had to scrap all our efforts on restoring the planet in view of the developments described below.

As SCRA reclaimed the planet, our ground forces started to sweep the planetary surface if search of the remaining groups of the Reapers. Them knowing the planet quite well, it took more than four months to locate their HQ and find information on the existing network of bases. Realising their imminent end, the Reapers coordinated a range of “dirty” bombs explosions on the ground, wiping themselves out as well as four battalions of the Coalition Ground Forces present on the planet at that time. The explosions of crudely made bombs led to aggravation of contamination with even more radionuclides (like Ruthenium-103, Promethium-147). Moreover, the locations for the explosions were well chosen strategically-wise, causing clouds of dust and nuclear fallouts to rise in the upper layers of the atmosphere, increasing the percentage of planetary surface covered with nuclear winter from 13% to 57%. We possess no data on the rate of lifeforms dying out, however we are certain it has increased beyond the point of return.

5. Conclusion

It appears, that Reapers’ last strike was to make the Planet uninhabitable, leaving the victor with nothing. Our current prognosis for the planet is pessimistic: it will remain a desolated barren world for hundreds of years even if we succeed with our previously planned relief efforts. Re-vitalisation of the planetary ecosystem with lifeforms from other worlds is not an option as the life forms will be not only exposed to new world but also to all the perils of nuclear contamination.

The damage to the planet is also too severe to cover it with the available funds and resources of the Coalition. Although possible in principle to make Braillia habitable again, it is not cost-benefit rational to do so. Therefore, the efforts of SCEC and other organisations directed at Braillia relief are advised to be stopped at re-directed elsewhere. Braillia is thus excluded from Project "Tselina". SCEC is currently undertaking project “Istanbul” that might require the financing and allocation of personnel.

SCEC CRO Dr. Mstislav Belov

END OF TRANSMISSION
Incoming transmission

[Encryption: Medium]

[To: SCEC Secretariat]

[From: Aspirant Smovdarenko Nadezhda Vladimirovna]

[Subject: Mobile laboratory]

Good evening, comrades. Aspirant Nadezhda Smovdarenko online.

Today, Ya would like to ask for help in my researches.
The fact is that I can not continue my research. The reason is one- I simply don't have a mobile laboratory, that could allow me to continue my work. The animals on Volgograd and Jiangxi has already discovered and explained, so we need to go forward, and new life. My request is simple- mobile laboratory with with special equipment, which is given below:

Requested equipment: Wrote:
  • An aviary with arctic climate conditions
  • An aviary with tundra climate conditions
  • An aviary with moderate climate conditions
  • An aviary with desert climate conditions
  • Two 3x3x3 meters aquariums
  • Bio-laboratory

I look forward to hear your answer about my request.

End of transmission
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

TO: Aspirant Nadezhda Smovdarenko
RE: Request on mobile laboratory

Comrade Smovdarenko,

Usually, the young researchers of your rank cannot get a mobile laboratory of their own so fast, basically just after joining the Corps. However, in view of your specialty and necessity to host animal specimen and the transportation thereof, I believe it is possible. The expeditionary corps are limited in resources and therefore even should we provide a big ship for yourself, we can not risk it being piloted by a not seasoned young personnel. Therefore, I give clearance to you to have a mobile laboratory ship on condition that the control of the ship will be carried out by a trained military serviceman, either of Militsiya or SCRA.

In the meantime, you can avail the vast storage of CPRV "Plesetsk". However, it being not designed for hosting alien wildlife and supporting its life in space, we shall discuss either construction or leasing one of the bigger ships. For your needs, we can refit "Hurricane" class battlecruiser, that will allow for enough protection while carrying out expeditions in outer space and enough storage for wildlife at the expense of the marines crew and some energy systems. I will arrange for the necessary blueprints for modifications be developed as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I want to you contact your scientific supervisor, Dr. Virtanen, and discuss on the research framework. It is also encouraged that you assist Dr. Virtanen in her own research endeavours.

Looking forward to hearing on your progress.

With respect,

END OF TRANSMISSION

Patrol Report - Kansas
[Image: doGxgWY.jpg][Image: rt8cMTo.png]
To: HCSTA Commissar Alexey Novikov
WARNING: REPORT CONTAINS "TOP SECRET" GRADE MATERIAL! SHARE WITH AUTHORISED PERSONNEL ONLY!

On my daily patrol in Liberty Space, I decided to sweep the Tuttle Creek Nebula in the Kansas system, since being inside of this nebula makes scanners go insane. My first finding was amusing - a wreck of the Lane Hacker ship. Seems like the poor guy couldn't make it out there - the fuel tank is completely dry. However, I doubt that he'd just venture that far with his fuel deposit being almost at the end. I thought that he tracked something inside the nebula and he should be close to it, and luckily, I was right. But despite the folk's hopes, it wasn't the base - it is a damaged alien structure, quite resembling to the [REDACTED] gates. I will organize an investigation company in the nearest future. If there is someting on the other end, we must figure it out.

End of the report.
Incoming Transmission

[Image: 77ywPfC.png]

Date: 13 July, 825 A.S.

[Image: JOwHx3U.png]
To: SCEC CRO.
Encryption: <Minimal>
Subject: 'Maintenance Report'

...transmission established
...loading authorized data
...rolling feed

Privet comrades.
The battle cruiser "Kronshtadt's" maintenance report started in about 1120 Coalition Hours, the date has been attached. It was going well and the maintenance report was showing major improvement. After some times, I meet a comrade named, Xiang Yi. Asked if I/we wanted any help with anything. So generous of him. Maintenance was going well, there was a certain issue of a weapon but it has been fixed due. Though the battle cruiser has been there for a brief period of time and maybe an upgrade towards the fire power can be handled for reasons. The maintenance reports have been compiled and hopefully, more teams will be willing to give a hand towards the operation.

Nothing more and I hope that everyone prevails in our current operation. For now, we shall stand solid and ever ready to serve the motherland.

[Image: poQW5Hl.png]
Signed,
Sn.Lt.A.Stanislav,
For the Motherland

Additional notes

-End of the Transmission-
Investigation Report - Kansas
[Image: doGxgWY.jpg][Image: rt8cMTo.png]
To: HCSTA Commissar Alexey Novikov
WARNING: REPORT CONTAINS "TOP SECRET" GRADE MATERIAL! SHARE WITH AUTHORISED PERSONNEL ONLY!

Recently Myself and Senior Leutenant Stanislav ventured into the Tuttle Creek Nebula to investigate the derelict construction inside of it. It was no doubt that the construction was simular to the [REDACTED] gates we've encountered in the Alien Worlds, however, the emissions from these ones were faint. In the first place, I assumed that these gates won't be able to estabilish a hyperspace corridor, but with a few adjustements to the jump drive settings, we were able to pass through,

What we saw one the other end was unbelievable, to say at least. For the first, there was an another derelict gate, instead it was completely unusable. Then there was a star, which was emitting a huge amount of Gamma-radiation. And there were also Gas Giants, more alien structures, even power generators. What I personaly found amusing is that the only exit in this system was leading into Pennsylvania system - one system away from the gates.

I can recomend to survey this system completely with a presense of our Science Department. The recording of our investigation is attached to this report.

End of the report.
Incomming Transmission
[Image: ilcTAr0.jpg][Image: rt8cMTo.png]
To: All Sipukha Personnel; SCEC Science Department
Encryption code: R2H-0M84

Comrades.

I've read reports upon "Kronstadt's" maintainance. I am directing a team of field analysts from my own ship to observe the whole operation, as well as every single agent is authorised to attend to it. It is obvious that "Kronstadt's" firepower needs some improvement. Also, if the ship stays at Mykolaiv for a bit, I am more than sure you can make some additional modifications for it. I am certain that our science department is able to come up with any fresh ideas they've got for a such perfect craft as the Hurricane Mk II. Anyway, work on it. We all want "Kronstadt" back in action the sooner the better.

End of transmission
[Image: QmigeDY.png]
REPORT TO SCEC SECRETARIATE
...encryption code authorized
...loading data

[Image: 3.png]

Comrades, SOE "Vektor" successfully have end the deliveries on Wolfsburg Shipyard in Jotunheimr, required for Vidar-class cruiser construction..

Here I'm attach all documentation, linked to this work:
Request ID: 13068252 Wrote:Request justification: Vidar construction
Destination of deliveries: Baku Depot, Omega-52
This request is for external contractors. Additional interactions with warehouse service are needed.

CommodityAmount leftLoad point
TitaniumFulfilled [1]Planet Sprague, Omega 3
CryocubesFulfilled [1]Planet Amiens, Picardy
High Temperature AlloyFulfilled [1]Planet Nuremberg, Munich
Nano-CapacitorsFulfilled [1]Planet Hamburg, Hamburg
OptronicsFulfilled [1]Planet Honshu, Honshu
Request ID: 13068251 Wrote:Request justification: Vidar construction
Destination of deliveries: Wolfsburg Shipyard, Omega-54

CommodityAmount leftLoad point
Basic AlloyFulfilled [1]Madeira Construction Site, Omega 47
Industrial MaterialsFulfilled [1],[2],[3],[4]Cruiser Greifswald, Stuttgart
Super AlloyFulfilled [1],[2]Skye Base, Newcastle
BerylliumFulfilled [1]Minato Harbor, Tau 44
IridiumFulfilled [1]Freeport 11, Omicron Delta
Engine ComponentsFulfilled [1]Hikone Base, Honshu
Luxury Consumer GoodsFulfilled [1]Grand Vista Orbital, Omega 49
Optical ChipsFulfilled [1]Invergordon Space Port, Inverness
Ablative Armor PlatingFulfilled [1]Chalons-en-Champagne Station, Champagne
Nano-CapacitorsFulfilled [1]Baku Depot *For SCEC vessels
CryocubesFulfilled [1]Baku Depot *For SCEC vessels
TitaniumFulfilled [1]Baku Depot *For SCEC vessels
High Temperature AlloyFulfilled [1]Baku Depot *For SCEC vessels
OptronicsFulfilled [1]Baku Depot *For SCEC vessels

REPORT OVER
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

TO: TFS Major Anatoliy Grachov
RE: ‘Tselina’ project report

Comrade Grachov,

I salute you on behalf of our scientists and engineers! There is a matter that might require your attention. Soon, an alleged renegade, Katherina Alferova, will be delivered to our X3 facility for questioning. We both know that with our efforts she has been already questioned by Commissar Krsnik, now Field Marshal, but was mostly terrified of his imposed presence. I believe, that we can use her in the interests of TFS and SCEC as we previously discussed. Please, arrive to X3 at the earliest possible convenience. I debrief you on the short summary of the case on the spot and provide with the necessary equipment. The logs of the interrogation will be stored here in case you will be delayed en route so that you can catch up with the events.

Looking forward to seeing you soon,

With respect,

END OF TRANSMISSION
Alien life of Edge Nebula: novel research of Kurile and Moros‘ microorganisms
Nadezhda Smovdarenko, Liisi Virtanen

Abstract: Herein, a study of microorganisms samples from planet Moros and planet Kurile was performed. Discovered possible way of increasing Volgograd fish farms' productivity, Kurile’s organisms as fast growing fish food source introduced.

The Edge Nebula, outcroppings of which are present in most systems of Omicron sector, was observed in previous SCEC expeditions as very similar in composition to every part of it. For a more complex study, the samples from planet Kurile, the atmosphere of which had possibly captured microorganisms from Kunashir Cloud, was obtained. Other samples were obtained from planet Moros. Despite that system having no outcroppings of Edge Nebula, strong alien presence was observed in previous SCEC expeditions. Analysis of microorganisms from Omicron sector planet, located in a system within Edge Nebula, can provide valuable material for further comparison and understanding of alien life in Omicron sector.

Life from the Moros’ atmosphere - possible new perspective on Omicrons evolution

[Image: 4a50f31346dda66f0538e9cb2440c9f0.jpg]
Computer model of Moros’ microorganisms,
according to observations
Upon closer observation, samples from planet Moros’ upper atmosphere layer show Sirius lifeform, unknown to People’s Science. These alien organisms are pretty unique from those observed in Edge Nebula. First investigations suggest their ability to perform radiosynthesis, which supposingly is the key to survival in such environment. Further research of metabolism and mechanisms of inheritance are needed to compare them with other known alien microorganisms, but this kind could possibly be an important step to understanding evolution of Sirius space life.

Kurile’s microorganisms - possible way to the People's Plenty

[Image: bakterii-v-moche-u-rebenka.jpg]
Computer model of Kurile’s microorganisms,
according to observations
These organisms are one of the keys to the prosperity of the Coalition. As known, this kind adapted to Kurile’s toxic oceans, and could be used as a start component of the food chain in a harsh environment. However, details of the artificial breeding technology, required for implementation in planet Volgograd’s food industry, are not refined yet. For reveal the basic tendencies of organisms’ growth and life in enclosed ecosystem, was performed series of experiments. Only experiment with gamma irradiation, conducted after Moros’ life discovery gave considerable result. Before the critical level, after which microorganisms become sterile, noticeable growth rate acceleration was observed. While experimental Co-60 based breeders could be assembled, our group suggest that still contaminated areas of JiangXi should be ideal places for fast growth of Kurile’s life, It can also help to heal the planet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20