Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: In Vote Natio Octavarium - NO-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(08-04-2018, 12:50 AM)Thexare Wrote: [ -> ]What in a roleplaying community doesn't come down to a subjective judgment?

We have, in lore, about 30,000 people total. Crayter officially has five million, if I'm remembering infocard hunting correctly. Could we, theoretically, win the fight? Maybe. Depends on if we can pull in support.

But then there's our own losses to account for. If Crayter loses a thousand people, that's unfortunate for them. If we lose a thousand people, that's a pretty significant chunk of our population. If Crayter loses a cruiser, that's kind of an issue. If we lose a cruiser, we don't have any others. (and that one's only half-functional, due in-RP to an overload and out-of-RP to me justifying the current lack of our old SRP for it)

Subjective, sure. But it's the only conclusion that makes sense to us given the numbers we've established.

This inspires me to make an actual inventory of resources and ships for the Unioners.... ooh
OP edited 2018-08-08:

- Roster updated.
- Updated faction information posts linked to in OP.
OP edited 2018-08-23:

- Roster updated.
- Began Lovecraftian incantations for a ritual summoning to ensure approval of official faction creation
- Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Someone called me?
I forgot about this, so I'll say my 2 cents. I've had pretty good experiences with this lot so good luck with that there vote fellas, I hope you get it, reckon you've done enough to get it.

How is that vote going anyway Sov?
Where is your list of contraband?
(08-23-2018, 05:51 PM)The Sovereign Wrote: [ -> ]Someone called me?

I'm writing down that incantation for the next time I need something.

(08-23-2018, 06:08 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Where is your list of contraband?

Information and Status thread, Laws section: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=160039

Though I was actually thinking about that ID line the other day realizing that there was at some point recently a bit of a kerfuffle over the concept of non-lawful factions having laws. I'd actually like some input on that from the community, about whether or not that ID line is sensible, or if there would be a more logical and/or rules-consistent replacement.
(08-23-2018, 06:08 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Where is your list of contraband?

This thread, §III.1:
Natio Octavarium - Information and Status
I would say that adding "Can confiscate X and Y" to ID would be easier, as people would be instantly able to understand what you can do and why.
I guess my question is more why you identify as quasi-lawful instead of lawful, but given the past history with being the VR and all I suppose it makes some sense?

Still, having laws at all does imply that maybe you should be lawful, especially since you don't pirate. I'm not totally sure about it. Outcasts and Corsairs are unlawful, after all, and I suppose that you're probably going to get up to "smuggling" some stuff that the Houses won't appreciate.

I personally don't think that there's any need to change it to say "can confiscate." It seems fine to say "demand contraband and levy fines," and it definitely contributes to the sense that you are establishing a nation.

Still, I guess SnakThree has a point in that other unlawful factions have it written that way? Big shrug.

Aside from all that, I really hope you get officialdom! The RP I've seen and had with you is awesome, and I can't wait to see more of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11