Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Samura|- Faction Information and Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(12-05-2019, 02:20 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Oh. So that's why there is no archived faction creation request. wtf.

Yeah it took me quite a while to find that this thread was used for the OF request. Had to get Ramke's help after I was done digging through player request, OF requests, faction creation requests, News and Announcements and some other places too.
(12-05-2019, 02:12 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...pid2038475

Samura had their officialdom granted back to them on the 19th of October 2018.

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...pid2000593 (Added to the tracker for officaldom for reference)
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...pid2016967 (Delay in their vote)

Edit:
By the way the OFL List still says still leads the faction so if there has been a change of leadership you need to get him to confirm it.

Thank you,
Gradually we will keep Samura standing.
I'm new to this, but with your help I'm learning.
I hope to increase my practical knowledge of this community.
(12-05-2019, 02:32 PM)Hopewell Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2019, 02:12 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...pid2038475

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...pid2000593 (Added to the tracker for officaldom for reference)

Edit:
By the way the OFL List still says still leads the faction so if there has been a change of leadership you need to get him to confirm it.

Thank you,

I'm sorry to hear that hopewell, can you confirm how many active members samura currently has?
(12-05-2019, 05:42 PM)Silverlight Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2019, 02:32 PM)Hopewell Wrote: [ -> ]

Edit:

Thank you,

I'm sorry to hear that hopewell, can you confirm how many active members samura currently has?

Sorry , this is an internal matter that only concerns the Samura Administration. I'm second in command and only report this to my superior, who is . You can contact him directly and ask him that kind of satisfaction. But if you want to become a Samura, apply as a recruit. It will be welcome. A hug friend.
(12-05-2019, 12:14 PM)Samura Heavy Industries Wrote: [ -> ]You climbed undeclared positions according to the trust of this company. You did a good job, but voluntarily hung up at a time Samura needed most.
Now upon returning and being given an opportunity to activate yourself in the useful Enterprise service, you have tried to do what you cannot accept anywhere: Hit!

On the other hand, your allegations that you do not know what was done in the Company's accounts, understand that we use caution not to inform you about them and we did it correctly, because your procedure in doing the "cleaning that you mentioned, ie excluding the Recruitment Document "where we have most of those who have been and have been on our employee roll would be no way anyone can prove to have been a Samura employee and therefore you can be expunged by your bad character and be in possession of the great and respected Samura, a Company that has always cherished the truth and loyal commitment to Kusary, allies and employees.

Let me 'splain something to you..

I voluntarily hung up Samura because absolutely no one and I mean no one in the organisation was willing to take over leadership of the faction when I needed them. I needed a Vice President and I didn't have one. Real life commitments took over and I couldn't lead it and I was leaving it with a trusted person. There was no trusted person. I had no choice but to disband the faction and transfer its assets to Laz who wanted to try and start Shura (big oof on that one). Maybe disbanding the faction was a bit premature, but I absolutely would've done that if pals was the only choice for leadership. Neither of you have the English skills required to be leaders of a faction so rich in roleplay and that is what I was offering before.

Now regarding the recruitment thread (btw, it wasn't just that, it was the not two but three faction information threads), I deleted it because it a duplicate, THERE WERE TWO RECRUITMENT THREADS. I'm sorry but you couldn't make it anymore confusing for people wanting to join Samura. I wasn't the idiot who made the duplicate recruitment thread. So I got the oldest one deleted because the newer one had a newer template and was up to date with Samura's branding. In NO WAY did I intend to remove evidence of people joining Samura. Samura and I are in no position to start culling members from such a dying faction, there is no motivation for me to do that. All our employees are listed on the official roster in our google docs and I did not delete that. The recruitment thread is just for us to fulfil our IC requirements and to vet possible employees, it's not solid evidence that they are currently employed by Samura because there are plenty of applications in there from former employees. The only thing you should be looking at to determine who is an employee is the roster.

You completely overreacted to the Recruitment Thread getting deleted, like absolutely overreacted and made an issue out of a non-issue and is just further evidence that this faction needs new leadership from those with experience in it (me).

P.S. Kusari*
(12-06-2019, 04:08 AM)Owen Wrote: [ -> ]I voluntarily hung up Samura
I think that is sort of their point. I'm a definite outsider in all of this, but I've trawled through the various threads that people have put up - and as you said, you hung up on it voluntarily, and others took up the mantle. What is funny is that this seems to be a re-run of the last leadership disaster. BUT, Samura survived - and continues to survive, whether you like the people or the manner in which they've done it is neither here nor there.

Showing up years later and demanding control of a faction you voluntarily gave up on is questionable at best. People reacting badly to a perceived dictator moving in should not have been unforeseeable. Your entire argument seems to boil down to "I speak more english than you do/I'm better than you, give me your factions". Aside from bordering on the racist, by that logic the vast majority of factions should simply be handed over to me. Would it be nice if their english was better? Yes. I would say the same of 80% of the server populations RP skills... but unless we wanna ban everyone but Dark_Knight, we accept that not everyone can be on the same level RP wise, english wise, or indeed PVP skill wise!

Samura has had members, leaders and history in the time you've been away - be respectful of that, and realize that when you gave up the leadership that was the end of your "right to rule". Clearly both pals and NoMe are trying to do their best by Samura - whether you agree with the outcomes and methods or not - and have no intention of handing off just because they are told to by a player from the past. There are still people joining, trading and doing things; clearly things are going ok even without you. I might suggest you consider talking to them, working with them. Even a non-HC player - hell, in some ways especially a non-HC player - can have a major impact on the overall activity and quality of a faction. If you are determined to see Samura do well, would it really be so bad to be a player? Show the current leadership and player-base that you are worth having as a leader, rather than rocking up and demanding it. I think we all know that won't work.

Samura may have its problems; having worked with several sets of its most recent leaders, I can attest to many of them. Indeed, some of the criticisms that have been leveled at them are not entirely unfair, but I can equally say that they are trying, they want to do more, and are as locked as the rest of us by dev incompetence. Samura needs a lot but a succession crisis is hardly what the faction needs.

I for one have enjoyed my interactions with Samura and hope to have more in the future. Preferably in game, not in feedback.

TL;DR: Guide and lead by example, don't berate and destroy.
*Geolog appears from darkness*

Wiser words were never spoken.

I would like to give some input on this matter to whoever wants to listen. I too left Samura ages ago in internet terms. Also handed over Samura leadership to the active people and moved on. Maybe I should have picked better... Who knows. In any case, if you leave a faction, that is it. You are no longer part of it. When you come back into it you are a rookie, just like when you joined it the first time, just like any other random player joining it for the first time. It is up to the current leadership if they recognize you as someone that led the faction times ago and if they want to give you some position, in said faction, when you come back into it or even leadership of the faction for that matter. They are not obliged to do so. That is why I would have always given Samura back to Bradmin while I used to lead it, because he gave it to me. But that honour, that respect, that is something you have to earn from your successor and your fellow faction members. It's not freely given. On top of all it is definitely not polite to ask for the leading to be given back to you. Someone maintained a faction or at least tried to to the best of their ability with the resources they had at their disposal while you were gone. It would be the most ''okay'' way if you were freely given the leadership of the faction if the before mentioned terms have been met, honour and respect and if you decide to accept it aka to lead the faction. Just an example at the end, what it be like if I came back and asked for the leadership of Samura as well, after all, I am the older Samura leader. Or what it Bradmin came back and did the same, or any other leader before him. I am speaking in general terms, I did not want o mention any names of leaders that came after me. My time in Disco has ended and I can fade back into obscurity.

I rest my case.

*Geolog disappears back into darkness*
I'm not claiming any rightful ownership to Samura, I'm just making the point there are 3 active members and the leadership is useless and I'm the only one left who is active and can really lead. I didn't want to lead Samura until they kicked me out for deleting the DUPLICATE recruitment thread. That is the point when I realised "yeah they have no idea what they're doing and this faction is going to hell in a handbasket". All I wanted to do is to clean up the subforum, get our branding back to being consistent and get some stuff sorted (getting back our old bank and shared accounts which they have made no effort to do so).

ONTOP of that, they wanted me to do their roleplaying for them, they wanted Osaka rebuilt and they have practically demanded that I do a range of things because they lack the skills to do so and they recognise that I have them. I'm sorry but I cannot roleplay stuff like that on the factions behalf if I'm not in a position of leadership where what I do is not hindered by my lack of authority (such as, cleaning up the subforum).

I also recognise a need to change the culture within the faction of "Samura dock." so we actually get some respect again amongst Kusari players. I have big visions for Samura; yes I will get Osaka rebuilt, yes we will contribute to "Make Kusari Lawfuls Great Again", but I can't do this if I don't have the confidence and trust of the members for me to lead the faction. If I lead, the knives will be put away and we will put the vendettas to rest and unify the faction.
You should have merged all recruitment threads instead of deleting them. Also, they might not be actually deleted, but hidden. That was bad call by all sides - you for requesting it, staff for approving it.
(12-10-2019, 04:03 AM)Owen Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not claiming any rightful ownership to Samura, I'm just making the point there are 3 active members and the leadership is useless and I'm the only one left who is active and can really lead. I didn't want to lead Samura until they kicked me out for deleting the DUPLICATE recruitment thread. That is the point when I realised "yeah they have no idea what they're doing and this faction is going to hell in a handbasket". All I wanted to do is to clean up the subforum, get our branding back to being consistent and get some stuff sorted (getting back our old bank and shared accounts which they have made no effort to do so).

ONTOP of that, they wanted me to do their roleplaying for them, they wanted Osaka rebuilt and they have practically demanded that I do a range of things because they lack the skills to do so and they recognise that I have them. I'm sorry but I cannot roleplay stuff like that on the factions behalf if I'm not in a position of leadership where what I do is not hindered by my lack of authority (such as, cleaning up the subforum).

I also recognise a need to change the culture within the faction of "Samura dock." so we actually get some respect again amongst Kusari players. I have big visions for Samura; yes I will get Osaka rebuilt, yes we will contribute to "Make Kusari Lawfuls Great Again", but I can't do this if I don't have the confidence and trust of the members for me to lead the faction. If I lead, the knives will be put away and we will put the vendettas to rest and unify the faction.

Greetings, .

You were not expelled for cleaning the documents.
You were expelled for not consulting who trusted that your return would be to add to the elevation of Samura. I trusted pojects that you now proclaim to the four winds, proving that you really are not reliable.
Regarding what you excluded, I want everyone to analyze my point of view of what you intended and that you admitted would be a blow. Proof
You deleted this document: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...#pid435106
and left this one: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...ecruitment
In that you deleted the contract of employment of all the workers who were and who are in the service of Samura, including me, the current leader and yourself. You did it without consulting me. I trusted you and you let me down.
Given this, I rightly concluded that you were promoting a coup, because without the contract documents, we could not prove that we were Samura members and could easily be excluded from the Faction, which would be at your mercy.
You have no respect even for yourself. In this statement I made it very clear that you should not use the name Samura as one of us and you still have your avatar named Samura, proof; and still uses signature Samura and not yet detag her ships. Proof
This proves that if he did not comply with an official Samura ordinance, he would not obey any determination from any other home either. Let everyone know that.

Now, if you have a minimum of panache, understand that you're not part of Samura: You got fired. Therefore, we advise you once here; And now a second time before all Sirius that you do the following:
a) - Remove Samura Name from your avatar.
b) - Remove the Samura Signature.
c) - Detag Samura|- of his ships.

After that, if you want to apply as a Samura worker, make a new job application and we will analyze whether or not we will accept you again in our ranks.

Sayōnara,

Karl Kamimura
2º CEO of Samura Heavy Industries and Commander of Transport,
[Image: samuraclear1.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11