Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Internal Memos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Thank you for visiting the Natio Octavarium internal memo system. From here, you can send direct, private memos to any other citizen or resident of Natio Octavarium. Please remember to use the standardized structure for all internal memos to enhance the efficiency of communication. Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

Code:
[font=Lucida Console]<RECIPIENT>,

[indent]<MESSAGE>[/indent]

[indent][align=right][color=#708090]<SIGNATURE>[/color][/align][/indent][/font]
Director Jones,

The Fleet just got billed half a fighter's worth for "research and development" and "experimental retrofitting". I haven't seen any receipts for that come through Florence's department nor have I seen any expense reports that would match, so, any idea what this is for? At the very least I want to know what to file this under.

I know we're all pretending to be semi-reformed pirates here, but I would at least like if we weren't issuing "two mill or die" demands to our own organizations, you know?

Kane
Kane,

I figured Riley had told you.

Far as I can tell, he got his hands on an old Crusader, he's doing some refitting to bring it to modern specs. Not Templar though, something lighter. So I had some of our Falchion-grade sheets cut for a Crusader. Seemed like an interesting project, and a good way to get some experience with Bretonian tech.

Honestly thought it'd already been run by you, since it was a Fleet pilot. My mistake.

Jones
Director Jones,

I wanted to thank you again for sending over that hull plating. It fits perfectly and looks beautiful in the white your engineers chose.

I need another favor. The Crayterian CHN-series engine isn't working out as well as I'd hoped. I really don't want to use a Bretonian PTE-series, as the ones on the civilian market haven't been as reliable since the war started. I don't suppose you've been working on some sort of PTE/HN hybrid, have you?

If so, and you're willing to sell one, please feel free to send it over and charge it to my personal account as before. In the meantime, I'm going to continue working on this Crayterian engine.

Bdr. Riley, 4OF
Riley,

Hmm. I can't say much yet, but give me a chance to get in touch with Kane and the Commission. I think we might be able to whistle something up for your project.

You'll have to give Aquila some time with it first, but we should be able to get it to you.

Jones
Kane,

That's a trap. A very obvious one. They fully intend to sell you out, in one way or another. I have a series of contacts that may be of interest, I'll forward the dossiers to you over another line.

I would suggest you not even be on that ship.

Oh, but do check on the escape pods. I would not be pleased if my more valuable assets came to harm.

/\
E,

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Nevertheless, I will be telecommuting for this particular run. Should sound over comms like I'm there the whole time.

That being said, I wonder if we can rig up the Won to be flown from the escape pods...

Kane
Kane,

Are you planning to assign an Ambassador to Eureka any time soon? When I was hired by the Guild to run things here, I was told I'd be just running the station. I can handle wrangling dockrats, maintenance workers, and the like, no problem. Instead, I've had a constant parade of whiners, complainers, and assorted other hangers-on in and out of my office all day. It's getting hard to get any real work done, and it's everything I can do to keep from tossing some limey sycophant into the fusion reactor.

Bloggs
Bloggs,

Well, shit. Sorry. The next supply train down will have one Mr. Daryl Ogden aboard, retired Marauder of the Third Vagrant Fleet and soon to be assigned as the representative of the Government of Natio Octavarium aboard Eureka.

Kane

Kelly,

Remember that conversation we had not long ago about the Lovelace project, and how we'd need one not long after we popped the cork on the Black Cloud II? Well, we broke the seal and Commander Keighley is eager to bask in all the new-ship smell. What's the likelihood we can get an engram imprinted and grown on the AI core q-blocks we had installed? They're formatted with a standard vanilla growpramming helix.

Harold
Harold,

The initial "growth" is relatively fast, as I understand it, but keep in mind Ada's only run on a standard Revision 2 Corvo corvette and Condor gunship. Even if we were talking about a standard Hel-class interdiction cruiser, it would take time to upscale the systems sufficiently. And we're not talking about a standard Hel. We'll be running the Cloud with a larger crew than you'd like for some time. And since we don't have a large crew, that means she's staying more or less tethered to Tau-44 to avoid burnout and mutiny.

It's that or we take the chance of abruptly flying blind and deshielded in the middle of a fleet engagement, and I don't think any of us want that.

I'm sure we'll get Unit 2 up to the task, but I don't want any half-measures with our one proper warship. Start her off on crew comforts to ensure proper tethering and integration, then work your way up to assisted data analysis. With the Limelight-YYZ array, you'll need help filtering through it.

Kelly
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10