Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Fortitude-class Bretonia Battlecruiser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Agincourt sounds a bit on the nose. Thunderer a bit too specific.

Fortitude sounds like the plausible option.

Repulse or Revenge would by my secondary suggestion.
Some of the names, suggested, tend to be conducive to a singular Ship' Names and not to a 'Class' of Ship's Name
(12-07-2018, 09:34 PM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]Cromwell is a very controversial historical figure, though even the British themselves named a war machine after him. Just saying.

Pretty much for the same reasons the US Army named one of their tanks after William T. Sherman, who is responsible for the infamous march through Georgia. Not really a nice thing if you read into it. Smile
Looks good, slap some more material to support the nozzles, they look too fragile.
(12-07-2018, 09:44 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]Some of the names, suggested, tend to be conducive to a singular Ship' Names and not to a 'Class' of Ship's Name

That kinda applies to the three finalists too. Two I reckon are already in use, and I wouldn't be surprised if the third would be too... for a Gallic warship...
Intrepid
Of the three, Agincourt is the clear winner for me considering the naming policy of Bret caps. Apart from that, I can only offer alternatives that meet this criteria.

1. Poitiers
2. Sluys (already mentioned)
3. Gravelines
4. Trafalgar (name of a base unfortunately...)
5. Blenheim
6. Plassey
7. Salamanca
8. Balaclava (it's not a victory though the name is interesting)
9. Copenhagen
10. Jutland
11. Tobruk

I would avoid battles like Hastings, Naseby, Culloden as they were all battles fought in civil wars.

If you want to go deeper it is possible, but if using this naming formula, all of the names are not going to sound very English, as most of the battles the UK fought were not on English soil.
Model updated, with hangar doors removed to reveal the ship's interior. This will likely be the final model that will enter the texture phase.

While some very good names have been suggested in this thread, there are simply too many to do a revote and recount in a reasonable amount of time, but I'm going to give honorable mentions to Intrepid, Repulse, Matilda, Jutland, and Blenheim. We'll definitely keep these in mind for the future.

For this ship, it seems Fortitude is the clear winner.
The Invincible class: . It was the historic first Battlecruiser built. There were three. HMS Invincible, HMS Inflexible and HMS Indomitable.

Indefatigable class: HMS New Zealand and HMS Indefatigable

Lion class: HMS Lion and HMS Princess Royal

Renown class: HMS Renown and HMS Repulse

Courageous class: HMS Courageous, HMS Glorious and HMS Furious

Admiral class: HMS Hood, HMS Ansn, HMS Howe and HMS Rodney

I like the REPULSE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8