Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ground warfare in FL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I t'was wondering I was, at any point in Freelancer's backstory does any happen at all?

if it doesn't does anone idea what it could possible maybe be like ?
In Freelancer's backstory, no it did not happen, because no war had progressed so long as to have a side actually reach the opposition's planet.
However, it can certainly happen, though I doubt such a huge change can happen likely, without a lot of RP behind it, a talk with the mod people, admins, Igiss, and both sides agreeing to it.

It would be an interesting to see one day.
There was some "hand to hand" (gun to gun more likely) combat on aomori station a while back between the GMG and phantoms.

There was quite a bit of station-board combat during the singleplayer campaign, like when you landed in alaska to rescue president jacobi.

I'm sure it exists to say the least, just isnt possible by the game mechanics.
Wonder what the Military Vehichles are for? Kusari seem to buy theese for quite a nice amount, mabey they got something planned.
' Wrote:In Freelancer's backstory, no it did not happen, because no war had progressed so long as to have a side actually reach the opposition's planet.

Gotta disagree there. Watch the intro video again...They most certainly DO get into ground fights.

Yes, that was back on Sol, but does that mean that people wouldn't prepare for that sort of eventuality?
not 'ground' exactly, but Gas Miner Naha and Casablanca Base were both stormed by foot troops if I recall correctly, Naha twice.
Well, Boss, I meant the history of Sirius.
And I didn't say such a thing is not possible, just that no Sirius war has gotten to that stage yet.

Heck, I'd welcome such a thing! It would make great RP.
' Wrote:Wonder what the Military Vehichles are for? Kusari seem to buy theese for quite a nice amount, mabey they got something planned.

Population control my friend, population control.
There was an immense firefight between the Order and the Liberty Army' 106th battle group a few months ago, on prison station Mitchell
Stewcool -

Yeh fun times there....lets not do that again.

EDIT:

Though I wouldn't mind trying something of the nature with my RNC.(NOT Bismarck it's not mine >.< )
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6