Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Kingdom of Bretonia, Crayter Republic, Independent Miners' Guild
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Initialisation...

Intensité du signal: 100%
Encodage: __________ PLUS FORT

Source: ________ Marne, Champagne
Expéditeur: ____ Général Pierre LaFlamme Du Conseil ___ [C]
Destinataire(s): Kingdom of Bretonia
________________ Crayter Republic _____________________ =CR=
________________ Independent Miners' Guild ____________ IMG|

Sujet: _________ War

Transmission entrée...

Mesdames et Messieurs,

Waking up to your allies suddenly being at war with eachother while the greater threat hasn't been eliminated yet isn't really the most pleasant thing in the world, believe me. Therefor I'm waiting for an explaination from a single representative of each faction or nation addressed about how you have managed to end up fighting eachother et why you thought it would be a good idea while the Gallic Royal Navy is still being a major life threat to all of us. I need to know who I can still count on et keep working with, so keep it honest et civilised, s'il vous plaît. Merci.

Sincèrement,
Général Pierre LaFlamme Du Conseil
Général en Chef Du Conseil

Piéce(s) jointe(s):
N/A

[Image: aYg3Fq0.png]
[Image: x2ns7a.png]

Good day, General LaFlamme.

Both our, and Bretonians reasons are overlapping. Looks like our stubborn miners are deluded with some concept of independence while they have bent knee to Gallia long ago.

I will keep this short and direct. You know Bretonia's situation. They are in need of a shipyard to continue resisting GRN forces in New London. Andthe most suitable location is Omega 3 for them. Aland Shipyard. Offers enough production capability, at a rather remote location compared to the front, within the vicincy of trade lane network. And it is beneficial for everyone involved to keep Bretonia in the fight. If Bretonia falls, there are no one that can put enough resistance to GRN anymore. However, even after our efforts to be mediators and guarantors that the shift in command of Aland would be temporary, the Guild declined all options and thus, hindering our combined war effort. That is practically aiding Gallia in the grand scheme of Sirius. Why should we keep aiding anyone that supports the enemy? They are a hindrance at this moment and must be dealt with.

Xander, out.

Signed, Zack Xander
Admiral
Commander of Battlegroup Olympia
Crayter Military
¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

[Image: viSeuCB.png]
¤ LOCATION: <unknown>

¤ COMM-ID: Elke Schneider

¤ TARGET-ID: <channel internal>

¤ SUBJECT: Council talks

¤ ENCRYPTION: IMG S.U.M.A.T.R.A. Code

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

To the participants of this mediation;

I am guildswoman Elke Schneider, I will be representing the Independent Miners Guild in these talks.
When we initially received the Council's invitation, things were very different with the Crayter Republic. I won't comment any more on that now.

All I will say is this: We harbor no ill will towards the Kingdom of Bretonia, we understand their position and do, to some degree, sympathize with their motives - a sentiment that unfortunately doesn't seem to be reflected by them towards us.

We are willing to listen, and we most certainly are hoping for a more detailed explanation from the Crayterians in particular.

But to clarify one thing from the start: If the only result the Kingdom of Bretonia is willing to discuss is the surrender of Aland, we are not interested.

Elke Schneider
IMG
[Image: Uu-Js-Iz-J-1.png]

Greetings honoured representatives of Bretonia, Miners Guild and Council.

I am Agent Zeta, CIS Overseer.

As you may know, a declaration of war was signed by Crayter Republic against the IMG, based on a military analysis of the situation. In the name of CIS we apologize for the time it took us to take action but our operatives were hugely involved in another operation which will soon be disclosed to our allies.

Mister Xander actions caused some alarms on our bases and we had to dispatch our CIS troops to deal with this treachery. As our beloved president said in the Sirius Communique and as you all know, we have a lot of Bretonians within our Nation and some of them harboured strong Bretonian feelings and they felt it necessary to engage the Republic on this warpath, using their position of power.

Some of you are not aware but within our Republic, the CIS can overrule any decision taken that affects the Republic and this is what we've done. Since we are still investigating as to how deep this "Bretonian Ultranationalists" goes within our Republic but suffice to say that it went as deep to affect big parts of a Battlegroup and almost an entire Ground division at least. As I stated, we are still looking into this but to make sure that any of those elements are trying something like this, we have declared a "State Of Necessity" within our Borders and arrested the government. At the moment, we, CIS are looking over all the matters that takes hold in our Republic. This will be the state of affairs until a new Government is formed and is checked by us, using new procedures to ensure the loyalty towards the Crayterian Nation.

We have cancelled the call to arms within the Republic and the mobilization of troops, moving CIS operatives to each Armed Forces element and Fleet, trying to ensure that they would do what have been instructed. However, mister Xander, mister Atreides, Marshall of Planetary Defense and some others managed to escape before we could secure the Admiralty and the PDF HQ, and they are now aboard the Olympia. The bad news, however, is not stopping here, as a few more units decided to join Olympia and headed towards the Omega sector, to aid Bretonia Forces in their takeover.

Therefore, in this open and defiant act, the Crayter Republic is declaring the Olympia and its sister ships outlawed from the Republic and they have been marked by Order 86. We ask our allies to check on the ship IFF and if is not wearing the right identification or are engaged in any operations within the Omega 3 system are free to engage them at will.

At the moment, we request IMG and our allies to support us to clean the mess mister Xander provoked, so our operations against the Kingdom of Gallia continue, and if possible to find a common ground for this situation to be resolved.

If there is anything we can help you with, please feel free to contact us using normal means of communication and one of our Agents will pick the call.

Thank you.

Agent Zeta, out.

[Image: UMTxbkw.png]

Dear esteemed allies of the Council,

I sincerely hope you are staying strong, and I offer you my condolences for the losses sustained in your recent action in Provence, this war has taken the hardest toll on both our people. Not to forget our other allies.

To the matter at hand. Firstly, I offer our apologies for not sharing our stance with you previously. Secondly, to outline our stance on the matter;
Our house, in its hour of need, having lost the capacity to reinforce its' military forces due to the loss of Southampton, destroyed not too long ago, sought out a replacement shipyard.
Aland Shipyard, with its position far from the front lines, and within Bretonian borders, was subject to a request for a loan of its facilities for the duration of the war, or on the securing of a new shipyard. Being that The Royal Navy of our most vicious foe is deep into New London, this loan would not last for years, realistically speaking. The shipyard however, would provide us with the production required to reinforce and repair our fleets for the final showdown with Gallia, and it was our hope that its contribution could be key. I must reiterate, the loan was to be temporary, and any upgrades we perform on the shipyard would be left for IMG after the war. We even offered lucrative mining contracts, and we were willing to offer loan of our other bases in return for the shipyard, if IMG were willing to contemplate this.

I am of the feeling that the Council, and indeed the military arm of the Crayter Republic, can understand the military importance of the shipyard, and at least initially, senior Crayter Military figures had supported our move and offered military backing and indeed pressure in the direction of the IMG. Without the shipyard, our chances of victory decrease. Perhaps, with some luck, we could destroy the current Gallic fleets that occupy half of our house, and win before attrition sets in, but such a strategy would be reckless at best.

Based on the above situation, we had hoped IMG could see reason. This however, was not to be the case, and the relevant public "declarations of war" from IMG, and quite bizarrely, from ALG in conjunction, came as quite the shock to our government. We have yet to "declare war" on both of these factions, because to us, this is not a war, not like the one we are fighting against Gallia. We have however, declared these entities illegal, and have taken measures to remove the security risk they and their facilities present. This is a matter of security.

As to the current situation, as of this communication, we have received reports of a BAF patrol being set upon by a ragtag group of individuals, consisting of IMG, ALG, and curiously the Order, GRI and Corsairs too. I cannot honestly fathom the relationships of all the above parties, but one thing in common they have, is they attacked our forces, who were rightfully patrolling Omega 3, our sovereign territory. The IMG has long been a secretive, illusive organisation, who has spent a great deal of time in deep space, engaging in relationships with all sorts of unsavory characters, of course, not all has been proven. Judging by the presence of Gallic forces in the aforementioned engagement, and the proximity of Gallic forces to the IMG operation in Newcastle, it may be the case, and I certainly hope not, that the IMG have decided to side with Gallia there, too. Of course, this is not substantiated with any hard evidence, though if it is the case, I am certain it will come to light soon enough.

I fear for IMG, for despite the fact that a great deal of their employ have roots within our house, it seems they were all too eager to deny us an asset that would help defeat Gallia, I cannot help but feel the long occupation of their bases in the Tau sector by Gallic forces, has pushed them to servitude under Gallia. Perhaps they were offered considerably mining rights in Bretonia, should Gallia win out? I shudder at the thought.

This is our explanation of the events you see unfolding, I can answer any questions you may have about our current actions, and regarding the current situation, but not in this joint communication.

In service to the Crown,

Alexander East
Secretary to the Cabinet

Initialisation...

Destinataire(s): Secretary Alexander East
________________ Agent Zeta ___________________________ =CR=
________________ Guildswoman Elke Schneider ___________ IMG|

Sujet: _________ Re: War

Transmission entrée...

Madame et Messieurs,

C'est magnifique, et the timing was perfect as well, congratulations. Both the Sirian conquest et our civil war rages on with an intensity unseen before, et you manage to start a fight among eachother over a shipyard, creating such a mess that the more I know the more questions I have.

For example I don't know if I should laugh or cry that with a radical admiral and his followers going rogue the Crayter Republic proved it doesn't need an external enemy for a conflict. It appears Monsieur Xander's way of thinking matches those of the Maquis, our long standing terrorist frères, whom I wouldn't even trust with a Perilous-class gunboat. Not sure how or from where you've managed to get this man, but I really hope your internal conflict won't hinder our fight against Gallia as much as he thinks IMG's reluctance does.

Speaking of which, Guildswoman Schneider speaks of no ill will yet mentions surrendering Aland, while Secretary East talks of a temporary loan et war declarations from the IMG. Would you two care to clarify the situation, preferably describing the actual course of events with as much details as possible? Does Bretonia lack any smaller repair facility or planetary assembly yard to at least partially make up for the loss of Southampton? I could share a few tips et tricks we made good use of in Roussillon while we could, in case of need.

Et what does a Rheinland corporation have to do with this? Is Rheinland involved in some way? Is the Order as well? None of you mentioned anything about aliens, why were they there? The presence of Gallic Royal forces as well as Corsairs is the most concerning. These details paint a very dark picture of grim suspicions, et I hate having to judge on mere suspicions, especially if it's about our allies, so be kind, et help me out seeing clear in this mess, s'il vous plaît.

Looking at you right now I feel no surprise when I think about how easily the Gallic Royal Navy conquered what's under their control maintenant. This is quite likely not my most polite et diplomatic moment, but I would really appreciate if you would set your differences aside, reach a mutually beneficial compromise et return to fight our greatest common enemy before it destroys everything we value, love et fight for. For the sake of all of us.

Sincèrement,

Piéce(s) jointe(s):
N/A

[Image: UMTxbkw.png]

Dear esteemed allies of the Council,

For your considerations, below is the demands/opening communication the Kingdom made with the IMG regarding Aland shipyard

Communication

In service to the Crown,

Alexander East
Secretary to the Cabinet
¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤ Transmission Incoming ¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤

[Image: viSeuCB.png]
¤ LOCATION: <unknown>

¤ COMM-ID: Elke Schneider

¤ TARGET-ID: <channel internal>

¤ SUBJECT: Council talks

¤ ENCRYPTION: IMG S.U.M.A.T.R.A. Code

MESSAGE DECRYPTING... |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 100%

To the participants of this mediation;

The developments in the Crayterian Republic are very disturbing to hear about. The fact that you apparently need to stage a coup d'état to rein in your rogue elements isn't exactly helping to rebuild our trust. We've already heard reports that the Olympia was seen in Omega-3, though apparently it didn't partake in combat so far. While we will continue our cooperation on our common projects, I can't imagine our trust will easily return to its former levels, and given your lack of support for us even after the rogues were identified and marginalized, the end of our alliance is, as far as we our concerned, legitimate.

As for the Bretonians and Secretary East's message, we are not at all impressed by their squirrelly, weak-willed response. Aside from attempting to justify their actions due to the dire war situation, a situation we have already expressed our understanding and sympathy for, they level all manner of accusations at us, mocking our diplomatic relations and accusing us of siding with royalist Gallia, simply for refusing to hand over our most valued Omegas asset. An asset which, although you seem to suggest otherwise, we do not believe we will ever get back in any kind of "lease" agreement, we do not have confidence that Bretonia would be capable of delivering on that promise, and we most certainly do not believe BMM, the likely administrators in case of a handover and an organization we truly have no love for, would ever agree to.
They go on to express bewilderment at the fact that ALG, one of our oldest and most trusted allies, came to our aid to defend us against outside aggressors - a concept the Crayterian Republic clearly isn't familiar with.
Not only that, but they even pretend that our refusal to hand over our station at the threat of forceful takeover somehow amounts to us being the ones to declare hostilities; evidently they aren't even able to admit that their attempt at forced annexation of neutral stations is an act of aggression.
They have stated their state of war as an objective which we apparently should be sharing, while we do not. We are not at war with the Kingdom of Gallia, nor do we intend to be. We had maintained neutral relations with all five houses before the conflict started, four of which seemed to respect our neutrality.

At no point in the Secretary's statement was there a single mention of sympathy for our position, a sentiment which we have, for our part, expressed from the start, nor any indication to suggest that they are interested in anything other than neutrals like us simply surrendering our holdings.

If you want these talks to amount to anything serious, I suggest you reconsider your approach, Secretary East.
And to General LaFlamme, I apologize for what doesn't seem to be a productive start to this discussion, but we are reliant on an opposing side willing to engage.

Elke Schneider
IMG

Initialisation...

Destinataire(s): Secretary Alexander East
________________ Agent Zeta ___________________________ =CR=
________________ Guildswoman Elke Schneider ___________ IMG|

Sujet: _________ Re: War

Transmission entrée...

Madame et Messieurs,

Merci beacoup for the input from both of you. Secretary East, the communication channel you shared has shown us that contrary to your way of description of the events suggesting a mere loan, Bretonia did indeed begin with a declaration of intent to take over Aland Shipyard, either through consent or by force. Whether the miscommunication is a result of you incompetence or your dishonesty, Secretary, I don't know yet, but either case makes me question the validity of your words et urges me to advise you to phrase your further comments on the matter more in line with the actual course of event. Franchement, the Guild's reluctance is less surprising in light of this, than if you would have indeed contacted them with an actual loan proposal first.

Speaking of which, it is still surprising either way. Guildswoman Schneider, the Guild appears to explain their actions et decisions with neutrality. We all are well aware that you are not at war with the Kingdom of Gallia, such a conflict would have caused the loss of all of your Tau assets within mere months, seven years ago, should you have chosen the same overt military opposition the Crayter Republic or the Kingdom of Bretonia were forced to. We all are also well aware that behind the scenes the Guild has been supporting our cause against the forceful oppression of the Gallic Royal Navy through actions, such as selling a whole system with a terraformable planet to the Council, providing technology et expertise for our terraforming of Toulouse, developing Coronado together with the Crayter Republic et further logistics support to us, in order to balance out all what you were forced to do in favor of the Gallic Crown et eventually balance our your overall neutral standing this way. Considering your stance et situation with the Gallc Royal forces apparently didn't change, as well as their involvement in et around the recent events concerning Aland Shipyard, your reconsideration of your stance towards the opposition of the Gallic Conquest makes me question your claimed neutrality.

Judging by the communique shared with us I severely miss the intent to cooperate from both sides et look for a mutually acceptable et beneficial compromise, or just a discussion of alternatives to the original proposal. Continuing this childish bickering will only lead to the death of hundreds of millions, unless you begin behaving like the responsible grown adults you were supposed to be in your positions. Secretary East, from you et from Bretonia I expect honesty, Guildswoman Schneider, from you et from the Guild I expect the neutrality you claim et have been upholding until now, et of course Agent Zeta, from you et from the Crayter Republic I expect you to pull yourself together as soon as possible. From all of you I expect to cease all hostilities against eachother, return to the previous state of cooperation against our common enemy, the Kingdom of Gallia, et work towards reaching a compromise that will possibly not leave us all to die to the GRN.

Sincèrement,

Piéce(s) jointe(s):
N/A

[Image: JRlgEPR.png]

Ladies and Gentlemen

It has been decided that the time for diplomacy is over, the order that was given to secure all IMG assets within Bretonia will be carried out. If Général Pierre LaFlamme can speak frankly then so can I. IMG and Gallic Intelligence have already attacked several patrols in Omega-3, patrols that were perfectly routine and hardly a threat to anyone, least of all the shipyard itself. You've accused us of not bothering with diplomacy, of being imperialistic aggressors and of getting distracted. Perhaps there is some truth to this, but we'll certainly not be lectured by people who rely on our support in this war and we'll certainly not tolerate an organisation who does nothing to add to the war effort but will happily join Gallia when under threat.

While I regret the course of actions taken, it has ultimately been deemed necessary, for better or for worse. I'm sure that must ring a few bells with you all.

In service to the Crown,

James George Hacker
Prime Minister
Pages: 1 2