Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Why do you think Core| is a bad faction ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(04-17-2019, 10:19 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Because the faction feel the need to overplay how relevant they are in grand scheme and overextend themselves into conflicts that should not bother them. Constant self-admiration by some member(s) gets annoying over time and this rubs off people the wrong way. Perhaps minimising the ooRP contact and just actually playing in Omicrons would make people less hostile and upset about Core

(04-17-2019, 10:33 AM)Ends Wrote: [ -> ]log snubs.
Play harder. Be the mean alien farming machine. Turn any inkling of the extreme passion into drive for new ventures instead of trying to recapture old ones. Push for more fights, push to exert more control over territory. Log and establish patrol paths. Even if you see nothing in three hours, you have the opportunity to fly with the people in your faction and engage in conversation.

Literally just do something.
(04-17-2019, 10:25 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really think the Core is a bad faction in any way but I'm at a loss as to how to reconcile the Core's very existence with the idea of the edgeworlds as a wild west beyond "add more content so we can eat it" which, like, isn't really a tenable design goal at all.

But that gets into bigger issues about what is essentially Discovery's equivalent of entropy with factions getting larger and eating everything in their path. There's a reason I never had the HF go after Wichita, go into mining despite having two mining zones in their home systems, etc. But it never really made any sense for them not to and people are naturally never going to make an effort to restrain themselves in 95% of scenarios.

That is wrong and you know that, otherwise any game that adds content would be following a flawed design philosophy, no? (?)

The problem is not adding more content. More content is always good if it is not technically broken. The actual problem you are talking about when talking about factions getting bloated is that they are unwilling to also be stripped off certain privileges and assets because they feel entitled to having them. There is nothing wrong with the Core setting foot into the Omegas or trying to establish a house in the wild west Omicrons. However, this should be reflected in proportion to their relative power to other factions. I.e. the Order could capture Delta if the Core advances into the Omicrons, for example. They extended their power and stretched their assets too thinly.

My problem is that the problem actually lies with an attitude of entitlement by the players that you then translate into "okay, if we change the status quo, people will be mad". In the case of losing stations and influence on systems, they have no reason to be mad, as it is the trade off for what they wanted to do. They do, however, when their RP is in principal rejected so you can avoid having to deal with then balancing the faction to avoid the bloating you talked about.

Let the Core try and establish their influence, but work out a trade off with the OF to respect the relative strength of the faction.
(04-17-2019, 02:01 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]...work out a trade off with the OF...

This is my personal reaction.

[Image: YW6phVp.jpg]

<3
One can either piss off the people they are supposed to provide game development for or try to work with them. Development for the sake of development doesn't seem to make people happy anymore, given how tiny the community now is and that everyone knows everyone, and that any person leaving now can cause a chain reaction.
(04-17-2019, 02:01 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ],,,My problem is that the problem actually lies with an attitude of entitlement by the players ..

[Image: YW6phVp.jpg]

(04-17-2019, 02:43 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]One can either piss off the people they are supposed to provide game development for or try to work with for them. Development for the sake of development doesn't seem to make people happy anymore, given how tiny the community now is and that everyone knows everyone, and that any person leaving now can cause a chain reaction.

Fixed.

Still my personal take. Granted, this is always the causus belli of he who cries the loudest thinks they get served first in front of everyone else.

<3
Break it up or take it somewhere else. If you people can't behave with a modicum of civility on a public forum when a faction is looking for ways to improve, then don't even waste your time posting. It's not helping anyone here.
Horw unexpected, this thread is already becoming deconstructive. I think this thread is unnecessary, and Jessi has made it without the support or permission of the HC (so she doesn't really represent it, and none of us have doubts about the state of the faction right now).

I'll say one thing: I'd love more snubs too. However this isn't a problem with Core (I didn't make the archangel skips to waste money). If I fly a snub, I get met with several dual MR shuttles and that shit is so unfun it discourages me. If not that, people won't budge off their caps or they bring something with a cloak so I'm forced onto a cap with a cloak CD.

So basically the majority of the time the only thing I'm ever allowed to fly is a solaris Thresher. It's why I was so hype for the Omegas because the Omicrons are lame for pvp.
This is a first and only warning, to get this thread back on rails again. Keep it on the topic, if you have something to say for eachother, do it in private.
(04-17-2019, 10:33 AM)Ends Wrote: [ -> ]log snubs.

There are no more snub fights in freelancer mods or freelancer itself, ends. Caps are the way, if you want snubfights the only place you will find them is in conn with your 300 ping gf.

[hyperclap]

4real tho yea Core you should log snubs more even when I'm not there to lead raids for you, mass snub fights are always more fun than mass cap fights. Solaris caps in Omega-3 deserving lore recognition? Tsk tsk. Use classes that actually require skill and knowledge of FL mechanics to handle.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5