Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Petition: NY cap free zone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Yeah....ive seen it all...

OC dessie...
RH cruisers..
BH BCs firing at a greyhound for the lulz and even this:

[Image: roguelns.jpg]

Navy battleships camping manhattan
Corsair cruisers camping manhattan only to die to five LABCs

People..this has GOT to end

People..NY is the starting place of not only new characters, but new discovery members...is undocking to a loldessie pew pewing lawfuls what we want them to see? Is this what a new player should see on their first day? Is this how we want them to see Disco?

I say no...just no.

This is the reason of everyone...even heard a guy asking a LABC about how he could obtain one so he can kill Xenos (who, i must remind, don't even fly gunboats...)

NY CAPSPAM is the FIRST impression new members get, when joining Disco...

I don't know...maybe its a bit draconic to simply ban all capital ships cruiser and higher from NY, seeing as the LN and LNS are perfectly in RP to be there, but its just..think about what you are doing.
You are giving an example for nublets on what this server is about and if you simply waltz around killing stuff in your lulzboat, no wonder we get so many sanctions.

I have no lawful characters...but i don't like to see LPI liberators ganked by three Rogue gunboats either, its just the respect we give another that is slowly dissipating.

This is not really a petition, this is not a request for new rules, but rather a reminder, that all of our actions count.

Your attempts to remove a huge chunk of my entertainment is not appreciated.
PS. Spend less time in Liberty.

' Wrote:Your attempts to remove a huge chunk of my entertainment is not appreciated.
PS. Spend less time in Liberty.

Or maybe i should stop flying a vanilla fighter
Well, in the inevitable release of next version, it should all hopefully change. Plus, I get my new bomber. Them caps ain't gonna have nothin' on me.
Well if it were up to me, capital ships would be restricted to official factions that can be called upon if they do something wrong, and dealt with properly, and indies that'd go into a register, and could be taken away their capital ship if they abuse it.

However, no one will listen to me, and also, this might seem to remove freedoms, although I feel it'd do much more good than bad.
OR You could change your ship to Rogue one...
And if my Xeno is okay with cap-spam, why would that bother you mate?
Seriously Sindy,
Don't go in that one, caps will always be there, no point in ruining that one.
New York is within Liberty space, so it must have some sort of defense you know...
:sleep:
Next version, new players will see Pennsylvania, not New York.

Capital ships aren't that annoying - they can be dealt with thankfully.
I vote no. If you bann caps from NY they will simply move to the next system over, ie, California. They will still group together, they will still gangrape people, it will just occur in a different place.

You have to get rid of the problem, not simply move it around. Ban all outcast capital ships from entering NY for starters, they don't need a Dessie to protect cardamine routes, and the Liberty Rogues DO NOT NEED OC dessies or cruisers of any kind. You can't even pirate in them. And then remove the Navy guards' ability to attack pirates except in self defense, or in defense of an LPI vessel. The navy are supposed to protect borders, not police systems.
Those are my ideas, at least.
Sindroms brings up an interesting point here;

when a new player starts and one of the first things they see is rampant cap-abuse, then what kind of impression do you folks think that makes?

I remember when I first started playing, there was some BHBC going by the name of *BH* who I watched nuke one starflea, and then myself. I remember thinking "man.. what an A**hole, but what a cool ship!"

The collision I had (in my 'flea) with a Zoner Juggernaught that very same afternoon (in NY again), certainly didnt help matters.

In short, people spamming NY in caps (and any other system for that matter) creates an impression that any fool with a battleship, BC, or cruiser can just go anywhere and do as they please.

Now I'm not one of those that favours player factions dictating who can have what, but responsible cap usage is an absolute must.
utterly stupid idea - imo.

we can start with "remove capital ships"
go on to "remove transports ( cause we all dislike powertraders and - we all know "smaller = better RP" - so lets fly freighters )
go on to "remove bombers" cause we also know, bombers abuse their ability to be alround
go on to "remove light fighters" cause ... hey, i simply cannot hit these tiny little buggers
to "lets remove non vanilla ships" cause they re always sort of ooRP

until we re back to vanilla 1.0 - yay

i really don t like to make such comments ...

but if you dislike capital ships so much - why do you play disco, i mean... for real? - capital ships and the freedom of players choice is not only a tiny part of disco - but a HUGE part of disco. - believe it or not, the vast majority enjoys not only seeing capital ships and also flying them - but is also delighted about the freedom that is given to the players - not only to a selected few ( like official factions )

if i didn t like half the ships - and if i got annoyed so easily and worked up... i d not play disco at all.

and yes, it really really start getting annoying to read a "lets nerf this, lets nerf that" threat every frelling day

imagine that.. if we really listened to ALL of what was asked for - we d really end up with NOTHING. - and those that complained would move on to another game to ruin.

postscript:

an example are the IDs... for months and months. people asked to nerf this ID, that ID ( usually they ask to nerf "the other" ID that is not them ) - finally all the IDs got certain limitations - and now, ppl see how they cut their own freedom down. - opens up some eyes sometimes.

you ask for capital ships not being allowed to fight fighters or engage in unfair battles? here you are, no more cruisers stopping a smuggler
you ask for defined ZoIs? there you go - your capital ships and fighters will have a very limited freedom
you are annoyed about traders that go everywhere and trade everything? good, you get cooperate IDs and you ll see what you got from that ( like a very limited choice of routes )
etc. - all those limitations come from the players. - its like asking, please imprison us a bit more. freedom of choice is frowned upon - cause "the other person might take a little more freedom than i think is appropriate" - makes me mad, makes me jealous... .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11