Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Turning True Blue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

"I wish to refit your Battlecruiser with additional systems, adding new capabilities appropriate to tasks I hope to give tou. This has no bearing on your performance thus far. If you remember the announcement of your rank to Captain, which is something I personally set in motion I should add, I wrote specifically your performance as Captain of the Fascinating was exemplary" John couldn't help feel the newly promoted Captain was somehow insecure in herself. Not a fatal flaw, but best in small doses.

The notice was written by Redmond? That was a revelation, and one that made everything complicated again. Elizabeth hoped she could answer to the question in her diary: "A man, or more?" But the Mystery of Admiral John Redmond will take a longer observation to resolve.

"No further questions, Sir. I'll inform the citizens that there has been a change in their provisional government in earnest, and then I'll start working on your tasks."

John had already vacated his office on the chateaux, setting up permanent shop back on New London, attending board meetings and plotting the next moves of the BAF with the rest of the board, and others.The movement of Blackrock to Dublin to serve as the vanguard for the Essex had taken considerable effort, and the BAF were attempting to pacify the system and maintain the Graves corridor to New London and mining operations there. His return was the first in many weeks, his last work here was to hand over the base to Captain Hall. It had changed somewhat, becoming even more decorated than he had allowed, a sign of the times. He had urgent business with the Captain, or was it Commodore, or Military governor? Times had changed indeed. John walked into Halls office, to meet with the Captain, who he still oversaw for the time being.
"Captain, I see you are settling in nicely. Your little broadcast brought out some woodworms, but it needed to be done eventually. We have something to discuss. As you are aware, the Admiralty has ordered the Ark Royal to relieve the Stirling, with Ark to be replaced by the Harlow. As for the matter of authority over Omega 49, the fleet Admiral had something in mind. I had intended to inform you in person, but uh, he insisted on coming himself" John turned over his shoulder, and in came the Fleet Admiral.

"Edmund? I mean... Fleet admiral?"

Yes He said as he walked in and closed the door behind him. If I remember correctly, we still salute in the Armed Forces, do we not Mister Redmond?

"We also don't refer to Fleet Admirals by their first name, but I suppose we can excuse you for... personal connections to House Steiner, eh?" John saluted the admiral as he entered, despite arriving with the admiral, and saluting him at appropriate intervals.

"Sir!" Elizabeth curtly rose and slapped on a confident salute. Her foot hit the floor with her body weight, which sent off shock waves comparable to the landing of a very aggressive mosquito.
Steiner didn't know why Redmond saluted, thinking he was being clear in addressing Hall through Redmond, but his point made, he returned their Salutes. Seems we have a new job for you Hall. You're unfortunately going to have to make a choice, your position in government as a minister will have to be given up if you're going to take your new position.
"Only a member of Parliament, Sir, not minister. But duty is duty the same, so please do continue, Sir."
He smiled, Either way. If you want the mantle of Military Governor, you'll have to give it up. He waited for his words to sink in before continuing. Would you like that Elizabeth?
Pages: 1 2 3 4