Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Turning True Blue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
"Would my rank not be too low to take up such a duty formally?" There was false innocence in the glow of her eyes.
He smiled again, broader and with a greater warm. Her boldness was certainly impressive, Indeed, which is why I am going to be discussing with mister Redmond the business of your promotion. Although we will need to have that conversation in private.

"Yes indeed." John knew there was little doubt in the Fleet Admirals mind on what would follow, but we had to put on a charade to at least make the rising star know her place. "Fleet Admiral, there was a lovely selection of whiskey in the adjacent room, let's sample some while we have a discussion." Redmond then proceeded to lead Edmund to the aforementioned room.

Lead the way Edmund said, following Redmond next door. Upon closing the door, the Admiral promptly followed a well recited patter of finding what appeared to be the drinks cabinet, striding over to it and opening it whereupon he removed two glasses and a bottle of single malt. A glass for you and a glass for me. He said with unusual mirth in his voice, happy that he had at long last found a drink. So. Mister Redmond He began, handing a glass to the man Promoting Hall is, I imagine, not your first choice. So I'll hear your recommendations on the matter. I do also need to discuss a few other things with you, unrelated to the individual next door.

"To our health. And to the recovery of our house." John touched glass with Edmund, a person he had got to know fairly well over the months, but not one he had the opportunity to drink with often. "Fleet Admiral, about Hall, while you might think me a traditionalist, I am actually of the opinion that we can bring her up to Commodore ahead of the appropriate time-frames. We are short of leaders, and a leader she is. Her broadcoast to Gran Canarias residents was entirely her initiative, and a good one I feel. I have also no doubt of her combat skills, and I would not have made her my deputy on Stirling if I felt she was lacking in that area." John downed his glass of whiskey, pouring himself another. "Assuming you are of a similar mind, that is that issue out of the way. There was other items you had to discuss?"

Steiner sipped his drink, mulling over Redmonds words. Very well, we'll do that. In regards to the other issues, we need to have a talk about south shields and Newcastle in general. The Ark Royal has been idle enough, she can move on the IMG base in the system and eventually make her way down here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4