Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Removing remaining Guard IFFs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(12-25-2019, 11:03 AM)StDH Wrote: [ -> ]Outcasts would certainly let random people fly in the system where they construct capital ships.

Guard IFF'd stations are highly restricted, just like inRL military installations and nobody besides the same faction should be able to dock.

It is obvious that you don't understand how rephacks work, if you claim that Guard IFF prevents docking. Here is a list of IDs that could dock on Outcast Guard station if they get a bribe for Outcasts..

And all other IDs that are no-dock or hostile, would not be able to dock on regular Outcasts bases, with exception of Bretonia's lawfuls and corporations.

Guard Systems are no more. Time to remove Guard IFFs which are just old remnants of past pay-money-for-system times.
common lane hacker's restart gives you a possibility to dock outcast guard station (-0.4 or -0.3, can't check this right now to provide the dear community with screens)
(12-25-2019, 11:57 AM)Groshyr Wrote: [ -> ]common lane hacker's restart gives you a possibility to dock outcast guard station (-0.4 or -0.3, can't check this right now to provide the dear community with screens)

That is correct. https://i.imgur.com/n9O5cVF.png
On the other hand, good luck docking on Airdrie with an OC ship. It may be obsolete for some, but it's still a change for the sake of change for me.
(12-25-2019, 12:07 PM)Maltz Wrote: [ -> ]On the other hand, good luck docking on Airdrie with an OC ship. It may be obsolete for some, but it's still a change for the sake of change for me.

You can dock OC IDed ship on LH Guard station if you get LH Guard rep above -0.55 (get a bribe with regular Lane Hacker IFF)
We were told all Guard factions and assets were going to be culled because they were a somewhat oorp and in many cases undeserved power injection into the factions that reccived them. Some factions built massive parts of their roleplay around them, before tearfully (and perhaps rightfully?) being told these assets would be deleted to improve mod consistency and clean up systems. So the fact that this promise has not been met, and that some factions got to keep their guard assets and IFFs, is a massive slap in the face to those who had these removed and a clear case of selective bias.

Gut them all I say.
(12-25-2019, 12:09 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2019, 12:07 PM)Maltz Wrote: [ -> ]On the other hand, good luck docking on Airdrie with an OC ship. It may be obsolete for some, but it's still a change for the sake of change for me.

You can dock OC IDed ship on LH Guard station if you get LH Guard rep above -0.55 (get a bribe with regular Lane Hacker IFF)

OC ID'ed ship.
So what's the real purpose of Guard IFF? Why such "semi-civilian" factions as Zoners or Junkers have Guard IFF at all?
I called for removing guard IFFs many years ago already, not only because of the problem you mentioned, but also because it was once said that there could only be a certain number of factions and IFFs (128?) when I suggested splitting Zoner IFF into several kinds of zoners like Tau Zoners, Omicron Zoners, Omega Zoners, and mabye more.

That would solve some problems like Freeports being used as staging grounds, and zoners being a supertradefaction (which was the reason for their trade docking restrictions in house space), and thereby the restriction of zoners docking their 5ks in house space could be lifted, which would centralize their trade in and out of house space again.
(12-25-2019, 12:38 PM)Groshyr Wrote: [ -> ]So what's the real purpose of Guard IFF? Why such "semi-civilian" factions as Zoners or Junkers have Guard IFF at all?

Junker Guard IFF has no bases anymore. I listed Guard IFFs with solars.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6