Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Removing remaining Guard IFFs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
to be able to remove the IFFs while having certain stations remain restricted, you could just have them go automatically hostile to any faction that isn't their own as if the station was attacked, i'm not exactly knowledgeable on the topic, but I would assume there's a way to trigger such a thing
(05-18-2020, 09:50 PM)Hemlocke Wrote: [ -> ]to be able to remove the IFFs while having certain stations remain restricted, you could just have them go automatically hostile to any faction that isn't their own as if the station was attacked, i'm not exactly knowledgeable on the topic, but I would assume there's a way to trigger such a thing

Easiest option is to require the parent NPC faction's ID in order to dock.
(05-18-2020, 10:49 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2020, 09:50 PM)Hemlocke Wrote: [ -> ]to be able to remove the IFFs while having certain stations remain restricted, you could just have them go automatically hostile to any faction that isn't their own as if the station was attacked, i'm not exactly knowledgeable on the topic, but I would assume there's a way to trigger such a thing

A simple ID check for docking permissions allows for the elimination of whatever guard IFFs remain without causing a cascade of NPC Base/Ship aggro to ripple through a system because a player took a wrong turn in the trade lane network.
(05-18-2020, 10:49 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]Easiest option is to require the parent NPC faction's ID in order to dock.
+1
(05-18-2020, 10:49 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, this.
(05-18-2020, 09:38 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]You sadly cannot do any of these fancy npc ideas as they'll cease to spawn once Server load reaches a certain threshold that can be reached by as little as 40 players.

I'm pretty sure there are ways around that, what is needed is to figure how to trigger missions programmatically when entering a zone, since the mission NPCs always spawn (FWTOW did something similar, I think). But it might be quite complicated without extensive coding. And might cause regular missions to be unusable (quite bad considering the new PvE mission controller that just got added).

Anyway it doesn't even matter, I guess to keep it competitive you could lock out guard systems with some FLHook trickery when there are not enough players on the server.

It would turn this into something people do during low pop times when there are no other opportunities for interaction, and would also help when trying to RP getting special tech / ships when nobody wants to play ball (case in point, Sajuuk wanting to obtain a Zoner Nephilim for his "save the space kangaraas / Firefoxes" RP Smile )
Devs have voted to remove all guard IFFs, and it will be processed.

I removed Corsair and BAF yesterday (only had 1 base between them).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6