Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Enclave HC ( \*/~ & MdG/- ) | From: MAE|
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: Y0Ma9sQ.png]
Vardan Raza
The message begins with the appearance of a man with a grey hair and short beard in a suit of an ash colour in the view. He was wearing glasses with a transparent body and thin lenses. The man himself has started to speak: he had a pleasant baritone and spoken calm and loud enough to be heard but not enough to be noisy for a people who listen to him.

Bonjour,

My name is Vardan Raza. I am the Chief Research Officer of Montluc Advanced Engineering, a pleasure

I am contacting you on behalf of the corporation to discuss an important matter. The capacities given by our mobile research platforms of 'Corvo'-class is not sufficient to satisfy the needs of MAE R&D Division and therefore we would like to discuss the construction of a research outpost in Brittany system.

The station will contain the traits of a research outpost, sufficient for scientific work of MAE employees and the Enclave scientists as well. Besides, we would like to equip the station with the best available equipment and long-range radar for the search of exoplanet and other stellar objects outside Hebrides space or, speaking simply, to construct a stellar observatory akin to the EFL one in Zurich.

As the proposed position for the station, we do offer 7-A sector, outside the field of dust and asteroids and close enough to fort Albi for additional security of the facility.

Two holograms appeared in the view: one with EFL observatory in Zurich and another one is the proposed location for the station It was almost at the edge of the system - its location would make exoplanets search to be pretty easy work for any team will be working there.

[Image: HH4iyav.png]

That's all for now. Would you be willing to discuss any matter - I am open to your questions.

The man respectfully nodded before message's end.
[Image: cxXiBKX.png] INCOMING TRANSMISSION [Image: cxXiBKX.png]

[Image: 3BaV3ao.png]
[Image: cxXiBKX.png]

Sender: Colonel Maximilian Saint-Just of the Enclave Defense Authority
Recipients: Vardan Raza, Chief Research Officer of Montluc Advanced Engineering
Message Type: Video
Encryption Strength: Absolute

Bonjour, Monsieur Raza.

It is my pleasure to announce that the Enclave Defense Authority agrees with your proposal. The stated purpose of your installation aligns with one of our strategic goals.

As you know, we haven't published the space station construction regulations, so it is handled on a case-by-case basis. We have no further questions regarding the installation, and only a few conditions, most of which are pretty obvious:
  • Enclave personnel (primarily \*/~ and MdG/ at the moment) will be granted docking access to the station.

• Hostile elements (primarily the Confederates, Maquis, Brigands, Gaians, Outcasts, Bretonians, Crayterians, and Libertonians) will be denied access.

• The scientific discoveries and research made aboard the station will be made available to the Enclave. At the very least, that would include myself and Director Emeline Coste. To ensure this, we'll have a small number of our own scientists and security personnel aboard, in addition to yours. In return, they will lend assistance with research.

• Normally, a fee for constructing such a station in the Enclave space would be in order. However, we are willing to make an exception for this station, as long as Montluc Advanced Engineering continues to lend assistance to the Enclave and remains its valuable member. We are very pleased with your progress so far.

Should you agree to these conditions, consider EDA's permission granted. If I were you, I would also seek permission from Maréchal Eveline Laroux of La Maréchausée. However, considering your recent contributions, she would probably have the same opinion as I do.

In service to the Crown,
Colonel Maximilian Saint-Just
Planet Bordeaux, Aquitaine System
16. Fevrier, 743 AGS

Official Message
The Office of Maréchal Eveline Laroux

Identité: Eveline Laroux, Maréchal de l'Enclave
Destinataire: Vardan Raza, Chief Research Officer of Montluc Advanced Engineering
Sujet: Re: Research outpost

Monsieur Raza,

This is an excellent proposal, and an opportunity for collaboration that should prove mutually beneficial for all involved parties. I am satisfied with your request subject to the following conditions:
  • Enclave (MdG/- and \*/~) personnel will be granted docking access on the station.
  • Further parties will be subject to the scrutiny of Enclave authorities before being granted docking access.
  • Groups which are hostile to the Royal Enclave will not be granted access under any circumstances.
If you agree to these terms, you may begin construction at your earliest convenience.

Respectueusement,
Maréchal Eveline Laroux, Maréchausée
Gallic Royal Enclave

Pièces jointes: Aucun

Vardan Raza
The message begins with the appearance of Raza looking directly in camera. He respectfuly nodded shortly, before appealed to Colonel Saint-Just and Maréchal Laroux.

Dear monsieur Saint-Just and mademoiselle Laroux,

MAE agrees with the proposed terms:
  1. Enclave personnel will be granted access to the station.
  2. Further parties will be subject to the scrutiny of Enclave authorities before being granted docking access.
  3. Groups which are hostile to the Royal Enclave will not be granted access under any circumstances (these groups are the Confederates, Maquis, Gallic Brigands, Gaians, Outcasts, Bretonians, Crayterians, and Libertonians).
  4. The scientific discoveries and research made aboard the station will be made available to the Enclave.
  5. Enclave will provide the station with a small number of Enclave scientists and security personnel aboard, in addition to MAE.
  6. Enclave will lend assistance with MAE research.
MAE would like to offer the following term to be added:
  1. Habitable planet discovered by MAE and decided upon to be colonised will be considered a recognised as the sovereign independent territory of the Barony to be created thereon with Baron Montluc at its head friendly to the Enclave and its cause.
Should you find our additional provision agreeable, MAE is ready to commence the construction immediately.

Message ends.
17. Fevrier, 743 AGS

Official Message

[Image: Ak39plT.gif]

Destinataire: Vardan Raza, Chief Research Officer of Montluc Advanced Engineering
Sujet: Political Games

A video feed of the Maréchal flickers to life. She is clearly not impressed, and takes a commanding tone.

Monsieur Raza,

Any star system, planet or resource that is discovered within or bordering Enclave territories will be subject to the full extent Enclave martial law, and will recognize the same supreme authority that is imposed upon Bretonia, Gallia and the Taus.

Any further collaboration or co-ownership would depend entirely on the nature of the discovery.

The video cuts out.

Monsieur Raza.

I must admit, your sudden request has made me raise an eyebrow. Not so long ago, Baron Fabian Montluc announced his intention to found, I quote, "an independent state loyal to the King". I'll leave alone the fact that loyalty means dependence, and move on to how you suddenly go from that to a "sovereign independent territory" just "friendly" to the Enclave, and no mention of loyalty to the Kingdom already. That makes me wonder what term would be coined next time we talk about it.

Even if we could envision a hypothetical situation when your corporation would be granted a certain amount of free reign over a system that you discover, you'd still be the citizens of the Kingdom of Gallia by birth and for life. As such, you'd have certain obligations to the Crown, even should you enjoy some autonomy. The obligations include absolute loyalty, continued service, and paying your tribute in the form of taxes, commodities, and natural resources. As the Gallic Royal Enclave is the one and only legitimate successor of Gallia, I'm certain you understand the implications.

Anyway, I suggest we discuss how we skin the bear after we actually catch it. Especially considering that the skin will be the property of the Crown, no matter who wears it.

In service to the Crown,

Vardan Raza
The message begins with the appearance of Raza looking directly in camera. He respectfully bowed to his interlocutors before start talk.

Please, allow me to clarify my words and explain what exactly I meant.

First of all, have no doubts, Baron Montluc is a loyal servant of the Crown, and his command extends on those who follow him. Hence, all the employees of MAE are the loyal subjects of the Crown and will not abandon their duties in any case.

Secondly, the miscommunication regarding the "friendly entity" is perhaps due to the inappropriate choice of terms. The original idea behind the term was to reflect the situation wherein seemingly loose affiliation to the Enclave would avail grey trade. A status of a vassal with some degree of autonomy can avail this, but we respectfully defer the judgement to the Gallic Royal Enclave. We suggest delaying the discussing of the status of such territories until the system is actually located, mapped, and colonial preparations are finished. After that, we can discuss the matter with more details available.

Please, accept my apologies for this miscommunication.

Furthermore, the newly founded colony will surely be small and unprotected, hence relying heavily on the Enclave's support. Its distance and being unexplored should serve as a natural protection and not spread the Enclave's forces thin. Nevertheless, strong Enclave's presence will be required to ensure the stability of the new world for the Crown.

The investment on the colonisation will be born by the MAE and the security of investment is of great importance to us. Because of this, we are being extremely cautious in our first steps regarding this goal which might appear to the esteemed Enclave's side as backing down or lack of courage. For this, we offer our apologies and kindly ask to see the perspective from our side of this risky endeavour.

We hope that these clarifications will make the position of MAE more understandable and agreeable to the esteemed Enclave's side. We are looking forward to your reply.

Message ends.

Monsieur Raza.

Your clarification does make the idea sound more plausible. I see no obstacles for you to begin construction. Once your research aboard the station bears fruit, we'll return to this conversation.

In service to the Crown,
19. Fevrier, 743 AGS

Official Message

[Image: Ak39plT.gif]

Sujet: Political Games

Agreed, for now.

Until then, choose your words carefully.

Maréchal Eveline Laroux, Maréchausée
Gallic Royal Enclave

Vardan Raza
The message begins with the appearance of Raza looking directly in camera. He respectfuly nodded shortly, before appealed to Colonel Saint-Just and Maréchal Laroux.

Please, accept my apologies for the delay with this message. I am glad to inform you that the Tromelin Observatory has been deployed. Construction of additional modules is in progress but however, we are already installing modules, required for research work as well as an exoplanet search.

However, it is not the only matter of that message. The dreadnought repairs have been started. During all progress, it will remain next to the Tromelin Observatory. MAE security division will provide the area with additional wing, in addition to the Enclave forces in the zone.

Availing the opportunity, I would like to reiterate the assurances of our respect to you and loyalty to the Crown.

The man has bowed shortly before the message ends.