Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cruiser LM/Razor Balance Vote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
It would be nice to see cruiser razors again, but having a copy of the gunboat razor that no one ever uses with slight adjustments is pointless. They'll be in the game and not used.
Maybe being back the cruiser razors and gunboat razors that could insta kill snubs but make them sci data rewards
In short, is there left anybody bothered with LM instakills and not using other means for it?
Secondly, what sense of this discussion, this gun proposal just stupid. Stop this trollfest. Its clear like day those gun stats are result of complete unawarness about cruisers heavy weapons choice, since the cheapest SD weapon, which is better in it, just exist for like, two years.
Same clear that nobody will use a gun which deal hilarious damage for 360.000 energy, and taking heavy slot. Just imagine placing this shit in your cruiser heavy, it like going on street with giant buttplug in ass.
lmao salty cap pilots tilted that their noob tube is at risk. Same people that were advocating for snac nerf too. Must be super comfortable when you can instakill other people but not be at risk of the same thing yourself.
(02-14-2020, 12:51 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]lmao salty cap pilots tilted that their noob tube is at risk. Same people that were advocating for snac nerf too. Must be super comfortable when you can instakill other people but not be at risk of the same thing yourself.

Caps were never afraid of the SNAC as it was never an instakill issue to them. You're mixing them with fighters and freighters.
(02-14-2020, 12:51 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]lmao salty cap pilots tilted that their noob tube is at risk. Same people that were advocating for snac nerf too. Must be super comfortable when you can instakill other people but not be at risk of the same thing yourself.

lmao salty snub pilot is calling for retarded change because he's too dumb to pay attention to his environment in combat and dodge lms

That is how your argument sounds. Begone.
Reminder that Freelancer wasn't designed for capital ships.

(02-14-2020, 01:00 PM)Backo Wrote: [ -> ]

Caps were never afraid of the SNAC as it was never an instakill issue to them. You're mixing them with fighters and freighters.

Even if it didn't affect them (or perhaps it did, multi-classing) they still voted/argued in favour of the nerf, that's what I was pointing out; the hypocrisy.

You can't argue that the SNAC is a seal club yet be perfectly fine with the state of mortars, in essence. As Justin said, having both anti-snub and anti-cap on a single gun/load out is dumb - amplified by the cruiser leaving even less room for counterplay by fighters.
(02-14-2020, 01:51 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]You can't argue that the SNAC is a seal club yet be perfectly fine with the state of mortars, in essence. As Justin said, having both anti-snub and anti-cap on a single gun/load out is dumb.

May I ask why the snubs are engaging the caps in any way, shape or form? Is this a veteran joke I'm too new to get? Is this a winning strategy? Should I be 1v1ing Cruisers in my SHF? or my LF?

Also, why are we shocked that anything meant to fight large ships is wildly destructive against small ships? If you drop a Tomahawk Cruise Missile on a car in real life, one would expect the car to be destroyed. Weapons of that magnitude are meant for vehicles such as tanks, warships, and buildings such as bunkers and bomb shelters. So when you use a baseball bat on a snowball, I'd think the result would be one obliterated snowball, not a broken baseball bat that's conveniently hated by every special snowflake out there.
(02-14-2020, 02:07 PM)The_Godslayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2020, 01:51 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]You can't argue that the SNAC is a seal club yet be perfectly fine with the state of mortars, in essence. As Justin said, having both anti-snub and anti-cap on a single gun/load out is dumb.

May I ask why the snubs are engaging the caps in any way, shape or form? Is this a veteran joke I'm too new to get? Is this a winning strategy? Should I be 1v1ing Cruisers in my SHF? or my LF?

Also, why are we shocked that anything meant to fight large ships is wildly destructive against small ships? If you drop a Tomahawk Cruise Missile on a car in real life, one would expect the car to be destroyed. Weapons of that magnitude are meant for vehicles such as tanks, warships, and buildings such as bunkers and bomb shelters. So when you use a baseball bat on a snowball, I'd think the result would be one obliterated snowball, not a broken baseball bat that's conveniently hated by every special snowflake out there.

The situations that prompted me to create a discussion on this are ones where a cruiser has joined an active snub engagement, assists a potential pure-snub engagement, or assists with engaging and chasing down a lone snub.

This is a game therefore realism arguments are moot. Caps in snub engagements are not fun, and the less tools they have to ruin them, the better.
(02-14-2020, 02:07 PM)The_Godslayer Wrote: [ -> ]May I ask why the snubs are engaging the caps in any way, shape or form? Is this a veteran joke I'm too new to get? Is this a winning strategy? Should I be 1v1ing Cruisers in my SHF? or my LF?

Engaging only bombers, which are supposed to do it. Dunno if they getting mortared that often after LM turn speed nerf (which actually, sensetive if you remember how faster it turned before).
Its clearly tho, that cruisers anyway most painful target to remove on bomber.

Fighters going LMed mostly when one side getting ganked/or already did lose cap fight, so cruiser moves through battlefield without having other important problems. Like, cruiser wont do this, if there will be another caps or bombers around.

Would balance magic on LM change those situations much, or affect caps players in way other than lags? I guess not.

But i voted no, because proposed "razor" showing off problems with balance and developers. Its seems their vision and real situation slighty disconnected. I would like if they would actually get in problems before do fast decisions.
(02-14-2020, 01:05 PM)Kirigiri Wrote: [ -> ]

lmao salty snub pilot is calling for flower change because he's too dumb to pay attention to his environment in combat and dodge lms

That is how your argument sounds. Begone.

objectivity is important
both of you are 'waah cap bad"/"waah snub bad"

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Finhabitat.com%2Fwp-cont...f=1&nofb=1]

this is another problem stemming from bombers being categorized as snubs when they arent
i sure as hell would be upset if tiny bomber man with a loadout capable of killing my cruiser 3 times in a row would just be allowed to fly around my ship with barely any consequence

at the same time when im in my VERY HEAVY FIGHTER getting bazingad by some mortars aint all that fun either

increasing bomber size across the board would allow for the anti-""""""""snub"""""""" guns to be slowed down a considerable notch and for their damage to be increased; that way snub (snub = not a bomber, get it through your head) man knows not to get close to capital ship because if he do his face is going to get blown off by the big damage weapon but if cap man gets too close to snubfight his gun will be too slow to do considerable damage to said snubfight unless good aim and everybody is happy

then again i might be saying complete and utter nonsense because i haven't the faintest idea about how caps work i just want both snub boys and cap boys to coexist ):
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5