Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Full Circle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dragged across Sirius, once again. She looked at Alejandro, thankfully unaware of Lukas presence, and looked at her hands, trying to string the words together in her mind. But in the middle of it all, there was that spark of courage that always kept her afloat, no matter the situation. With her decision in mind, she looked at Lukas.

"I love you. I always did. Me mato con el trabajo so I didn't have to think about you, Lukas."

Her hand reached his, causing him to purse his lips, like he was awaiting a infamous "but". She smiled sadly and softly at his reaction.

"But if you want a family, then you have to do it.. La manera correcta. Do it, and I will be yours. And you will be mine, cariño."

The implication was there, like a brick. No concerns about Bretonia or wherever. Only the ones that they would be together.

Abruptly, Keller would rise to his feet. It seemed like he would look at her for a second eternity as if contemplating or thinking through what he was about to say. Though he would only prove to subvert expectations a second time by abruptly dropping to one knee in front of her. It was a solemn gesture, and he let silence reign for a few more seconds to let that sink in before trying to speak. "Something has vexed me quite terribly since I met you." He paused for a few seconds, purely to take stock of how she was looking at him and the expression said gaze entailed. "That the greatest piece of art the sector has to offer does not bear my name. I have to confess that I have no ring for you, nor do I have the money to afford one. But I'm prepared to improvise." He had a pen, it would suffice given his steady hands and ability to actually draw. He had a mental image that was almost entirely accurate of what his mother's ring looked like.

"I trusted the wrong person in the past, cost me the ring that you deserve right now. But there's nothing more I'd ask for right now, I never thought I'd see you again. And now that I have I can't be away from you. I know I hurt you when I pushed you away, but I'm going to spend every waking moment of my life trying to make it up to you, and I hope to eventually be the father your son never had. Will you do me the highest conceivable honor of spending the rest of your life with me? If Erie wasn't as cold as it was, he would be sweating. He could feel his pulse racing and it took everything to maintain his calm composure given the situation. He'd gotten the words out well enough, he just had to wait for her to consider everything he'd just said. The pen was at the ready, and a tattoo would serve as a more permanent transition until a real ring was a financial prospect.
There it was. Not even five minutes ago, her life, however tiring, was simple and the future was seemingly drawn out. And with that one moment, all that disappeared. The present was all that mattered now and the sorrow and regrets that lurked in the shadows were banished from the recesses of her mind.

"Si."

She whispered as she tried to contain the tears of actual happiness. Years after meeting Lukas for the first time, years after leaving Crete, all of her life seemed thrown light years away from that point in Erie. Lukas started to draw a small band in her ring finger, and her eyes flared as the tears started to trickle down. Her son, however, appeared, silent and serious. His eyes trailed onto Lukas, his memory racing for recollections. His eyes moved onto his mother who was crying but smilling.

"It's ok, cariño."

She waved him towards her, and held him tight. Her happy, teary eyes looked onto Lukas and she smiled.

"We are yours. Forever."

He had done it, achieved something he did not think possible, let alone something he deserved. A passing conversation he had with a certain Buddhist seemed to suggest that even people like him deserved the chance to love and be loved. It still seemed to him as if he might wake up any moment and have this enjoyable fantasy dispelled, which prompted Keller to hug his newfound family close.

"I'm sorry to drag you both across the sector all over again. But this time I'm not pushing you away and neither am I letting you go." Strangely enough a few bystanders had taken notice of the sudden proposal, and upon what seemed like a success, they applauded the couple and uttered brief congratulations. Keller waited until their attentions shifted before continuing. "I haven't seen my parents in years. My arrangement with Bretonia earned them accommodations within the Kingdom. I want you to be there with me when I see them. They ought to meet the woman I love." A fairly innocent objective, though he couldn't help but be nagged by the thought of this apparent agency wanting something in return now. He just had to hope it was a price he could pay, or was willing to pay.
Her mind raced on what was about to happen, yet happiness filled her heart, as she hugged her son even more tightly.

"To Bretonia? Will they take us? I mean, we are.."

The end of that sentence sat in the air awaiting for an answer. Stretching her hand to Lukas, she gripped it softly, not wanting to let him go.

"Nevermind. We will go with you, anywhere."

It was a valid question even if she readily dismissed it in favor of the implicit trust she seemed to have in him. Keller resolved to meet that implicit trust with honesty, hoping the reality of the situation would not hurt, or at least not too much. "I have to go back there and earn my citizenship. Once I do there's no way you can be denied. The law is fairly clear on the matter of being married to a foreign citizen and how that impacts immigration. Things are difficult right now though, they seem more intent on holding me down and preventing me from achieving that.."

Keller did not seem to have an exact idea of how he'd pull this off. Hall was fully capable of making him a citizen whenever she fancied as the current governor and as per her current executive empowerment, but she hated him. If Dagon were still alive then it would have been possible to accomplish this through her somehow, but that wasn't an option for mortal reasons. This prompted him to grow silent and think rather than continue speaking.

> rat8757HGFN-E.sh -load /v /a pwd: ******************
> video feeds connected and loading
> audio emitters slaved
> initiating 8757HGFN-E feed.

Edmonton Park | Planet Eire - Liberty

The security cameras flickered as the slaving routines took over the signal. One of the two men that were on site received a comm signal, causing him to signal the other one that became alert and looking around. The first one walked towards where Keller and Bom-Sol were. With a nod at both, he offered his hand to Keller, who shook it and to Bom-Sol, that was visibly confused to who that man was.

"It's time, Dwayne. Your ride was flagged for routine inspection. You got three minutes for goodbyes."
-He said after smiling at the kid. Looking at his companion and back at Keller, he took a data-pad and an ID from his pocket and gave it without ceremony.
"Time's ticking."

> 8757HGFN-E paused.
>[Image: white_small_blinking_text_cursor_by_neri...6uua0j.gif]

Keller had to sigh with an element of pain behind the breath. He had to leave them again, and he couldn't bear to explain that or even go through with it a second time. It was two times too many at this stage in his life. Being deprived of what he wanted in the interests of someone else's agendas or just outright paranoia. "I know I'm in no place to make demands, but I can't leave them. Not again. So whatever it is you want in return, you can have it. Just let me take them with me. Somehow. There was a long pause before he added on to his sentence with a desperate conclusion. "Please." It was now the decision of the suspicious person.

> rat8757HGFN-E.sh -load /v /a pwd: ******************
> video feeds connected and loading
> audio emitters slaved
> initiating 8757HGFN-E feed.

Edmonton Park | Planet Eire - Liberty

The man quickly pulled his own data-pad and sent a quick message. The other man kept watch from distance, throwing the ocasional glance at the gathering near the seat. Suddenly, the newly acquired data-pad that was now in Keller hands beeped with an active comm.

"I would open that if I were you. Two minutes, or you're left dangling here with shit paperwork and no ride home."
-The man replied, sitting and opening his arms like it was another casual sunny Sunday afternoon.

> 8757HGFN-E paused.

> comm_link.sh selected and loaded
> initiating tunnel protocols
> target destination: Dwayne Degen

> comm_link.sh established

[Image: kpCpIPc.gif]

Mr. Degen.

The time-frame is closing for you to get back home, safe and sound. What's the matter? And by Jacobi's balls, be fast.

> comm_link.sh -encrypt TGH5492-K
> comm_link.sh -onetimeread -norecording
> comm_link.sh -send

Pages: 1 2 3