Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Full Circle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This entire ordeal had been quite confusing to keep track of, but Keller was clear on what he needed to do, regardless of potential consequences of failure. "Herr Sledge. I want them to come with me. Can you arrange that?" It was a direct request, but seemed fairly likely to be the source of complications or in need of an equally substantial favor. As with being brought here, Keller had to hope that what was ultimately asked of him wouldn't prove to be something he couldn't do. As was often the case historically.

> comm_link.sh selected and loaded
> initiating tunnel protocols
> target destination: Dwayne Degen

> comm_link.sh established

[Image: kpCpIPc.gif]

Hm.

Your exit only has you as passenger, and considering who you are, I suggest you take it. The Libbies ain't keen on reds or former reds traipsing on their core worlds. We can't change manifests this close to departure or else your transport won't even reach Philly.

*Sighs*

Change of plans then. I'll arrange a double to take your place in the ship and tell the locals to get you to a safe house for the meantime. I'll contact you with the details for the exfil later on.

You're a world of problems, Keller.

> comm_link.sh -encrypt TGH5492-K
> comm_link.sh -onetimeread -norecording
> comm_link.sh -send
>[Image: white_small_blinking_text_cursor_by_neri...6uua0j.gif]

> rat8757HGFN-E.sh -load /v /a pwd: ******************
> video feeds connected and loading
> audio emitters slaved
> initiating 8757HGFN-E feed.

Edmonton Park | Planet Eire - Liberty

Keller turned off the data-pad and placed it in his pocket. Not even ten seconds later, the sitting man received an update on his. Getting up, he signaled with a nod to the watcher that started to approach the gathering. Keller was talking to the woman and child trying to reassure them.

"Change of plans. We're taking these three to our spot for a couple of hours until the Tees gets them a safe house."
- The obvious leader said to the man that arrived. He looked at the three persons, putting his hands in his pocket.
"I need you to not have contact with anyone until you're out of the planet. Employers, belongings, commitments will be dealt with, so don't worry about that."
- Turning his eyes to Keller, he asked.
"Are you ready?"

> 8757HGFN-E paused.

In a way it didn't seem fair that he was doing this. Being a little selfish in order to keep people he loved in his life seemed reasonable, but he was also subjecting them to potentially drastic changes and even consequences. The sort of thing Keller had pushed Kira away to protect her from. This was essentially square one. "Without a doubt." Trying was the only option. Nothing else was worth consideration, at least for the time being and going back to Exeter to slave about as a Privateer made him frustrated even if it was just a passing thought.

> rat7512SIACB-H.sh -load /v /a pwd: ******************
> audio emitters slaved
> initiating 7512SIACB-H feed.

Clarity Sector | Planet Eire - Liberty
26 Hours later

Hearing noise in the access corridor of the floor they were in, Keller quietly leaned against the wall, near the door, making a silence symbol to Kira. Alejandro, thankfully, was sleeping in the master bedroom. The footsteps halted at the door and with them, Keller's heart in anticipation. Three knocks cut the silence in half.

"Knowing Humanity we will be duty, bloody and unavoidable."
- The lone man behind the door said. Keller visibly relaxed and opened the door. The man nodded at both persons, Kira at the bedroom door, unconsciously protecting her son. He handed over an envelope to Keller.

"Identifications. I got a shuttle ready to take you three to Bethlehem. From there, a zoner passenger transport to Freeport One. The creative kind of captain, so it won't travel through the usual beaten paths."

- Keller checked the ID's and looked back at Kira, who was now awakening Alejandro softly. A reassuring smile was shared between both. Fifty minutes later, a small shuttle cleared the atmosphere of Eire and turned toward the lanes heading to Philadelphia. The man that delivered them the IDs sat in front of Keller and silently delivered a data-pad chip to Keller.

"I'll be going my way when we reach Bethlehem. In case there's an issue, install that. Support will be on the other end. Do you need anything else?"

> 7512SIACB-H paused.

Freeport-1, he had to smile at that eventual realization. A full circle in that sense, it was a brief indulgence before he defaulted back to polite seriousness. "No. Thank you. For all of this. I doubt it'll come freely, but if you want something in return then I'd prefer to know sooner than later. Not necessarily in this instance." Curiosity had won a long and arduous battle against discipline, prompting the most indirect of questions regarding what sort of payment was to be rendered for the services provided in getting them this far. There was also the looming question of who these people were and how they had information on not just him but seemingly Dagon and Kira. Those had to be questions for another time, there were more pressing concerns to be dealt with. Discussions could occur later.

> rat15548ACSA-D.sh -load /v /a pwd: ******************
> audio emitters slaved
> initiating 15548ACSA-D feed.

Shuttle TransPlanet-LI95836 | Pennsylvania - Liberty
26 Hours later

The man nodded as the shuttle bumped somewhat as it exited the current lane.

"For security sake, I don't even know who you are or what is your business in Nottingham. So to answer your doubts.."
- He pointed at the chip and slightly shrugged.

"Knowing my employer, they will get back to you once your presence is flagged at the destination."

- A soft red klaxon rang through the passenger section, indicating it was about to dock with Bethlehem.

"And this is my stop. Have a good journey."
- He replied. Thirty minutes later, after passing through the boarding procedures, the three of them looked like any other family in the 150 passengers, headed to Freeport One.

Heading for home.

> 15548ACSA-D closed.

Pages: 1 2 3