Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Osiris
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now , I've been playing with my Osiris alot these days. Testing diffrent weapons , how the ship handles in battle againts another battleship , againts a Battlecruiser againts a Cruiser and of cource againts fighters / bombers. I was satisfied with the fact that this ship needs to be used carefully and the person flying it has to know what he is doing.The ship does not forgive any mistakes from the person who is flying it , but rewards him if he knows what to do and when to do it.

I would like to , however , propose two things to be added to the Osiris.

First :

The Osiris was never ment to come head to head with another Battleship , fighting at point blank range and soaking massive amounts of damage to it's hull , weaponry and systems. The ship is an advanced piece of technology that is used to hit the enemy fast and hard , but most importantly , have a way to get out of enemy territory , once the enemy knows it's already there. For that purpose , currently the Osiris , is not well prepared and equiped , hense my first proposal.

I would like to proposa that a second Countermeasure Dropper is added to the ship. Having a second one of these , makes sence. The ship does need to remove itself from the enemy lines and having an extra CM would increase it's chances for doing just that.

Second :

Since the Osiris is the the embodiment of the phrase - "Fly like a butterfly , sting like a bee." The ship needs to be able to make a hasty retreat to safer grounds after the enemy has all guns blazing at it. This , second , proposal is tightly connected to the first one in terms of purpose it needs to serve and role play. If detected , the Osiris needs to disappear. The Order is not a group that throws everything they have at the enemy and in hopes of winning. Intelligence gathering is the key to the Order's survival and strategy. The Osiris should be no diffrent , it needs to effectivly and quickly move around enemy territory , providing a small mobile base combined wth defences that the Order Reconnaissance Cruiser cannot offer. Hense , my second proposal is this.

I propose that the Osiris's cruise engine charge is decreased to a similar level showed in 4.84. Or somewhat faster then your regular , heavily armored Battleship.

With such an imporvement , I imagine that the Osiris would be able to get a small , head start if surpiced by multiple enemy ships.

In my opinion , the changes that I have proposed will not damper or harm the balance of forces. In my mind , they are logical improvements that such a ship needs to survive in hostile territory. The Order has limited resources , for that reason they will surely try to decrease the chance ,that the enemy captures or destroys an Osiris.We cannot build many of these ships , that is why we value each and every one of them , alot.

Thoughts / Opinions ?

Eternal
mmm, Its funny, the osiris can dodge with strafe like mad, But if i cruise up in my zoner juggernaut at the start of the battle to 500m, its dead, hehe, its a nice strategy, So perhaps... the CM's will help :lol:
One extra CM and a lower cruise charge time? Seems ok to me, neither one will have a huge impact on pvp here.
For the Order I would agree wholeheartedly (hell give it a cloak!)...problem is with the dastardly Corsairs getting their hands on them...
' Wrote:For the Order I would agree wholeheartedly (hell give it a cloak!)...problem is with the dastardly Corsairs getting their hands on them...

Well , aldo we need to talk to the elders about that. I think that in this mod , the Osiris has become what it was ment to be , a highly technological piece of equipment that the Order gives to no one , but their own operatives. Also it is no longer sold on Tripoli.

Does anyone have some obejections / concerns about this proposal ? I personaly know little of the ballance that the developers try to creat , but I think that what I propose will add to the flavour of the ship , make sence in role play and will not make the Osiris , imbalanced. Again , this is just my opinion , that is why I would like to hear more about it.
and i would perfer it has higher impulse speed (like 100m/s)..well..since it can go backward abit faster..why not go forward faster too?
sounds good, what makes me laugh though is the fact that most cruisers have more guns than the osiris an with a good cruiser pilot could kill it with ease.
' Wrote:sounds good, what makes me laugh though is the fact that most cruisers have more guns than the osiris an with a good cruiser pilot could kill it with ease.

Well , I'm not the one to say what is possible and what not , so I'll agree to this.

' Wrote:and i would perfer it has higher impulse speed (like 100m/s)..well..since it can go backward abit faster..why not go forward faster too?

Don't know , it will be able to catch up to other Battleships that way , wich would mean that they won't be able to use kiting againts the Osiris. But that brings up the question , wich Battleship needs to kit againt the Osiris ? Still , that would be abit much , so I would stick to what I've suggested above.
hold on, it's not sold on Tripoli anymore? So just Evora?
Looks like it.

Well, thats what datastorm says to me, anyway.

On topic though, neither of those changes will affect its battle performance, only its ability to get out alive. Since thats the whole point of the Osiris, I'd say that such upgrades were fine. I can see a lot of people becoming frustrated at Osiris pilots not dieing though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6