Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: (^| The Assembly - Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: dOHTCjs.png]
FEEDBΛCK

I'd wish to leave bigger feedback but I couldn't read so dark blue. Maybe try a lighter one?
I wonder if the noms will accept the neutrality.
Hi. I would just like to point out the fact that in the very first sentence of your information thread, you got a small yet very important detail wrong

[Image: BsJBYGt.png] - Omicron Kappa is the system that has the planet.
(05-20-2020, 11:56 PM)Groshyr Wrote: [ -> ]I'd wish to leave bigger feedback but I couldn't read so dark blue. Maybe try a lighter one?
Text made lighter. Hope that helps.

(05-21-2020, 12:09 AM)Maltz Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if the noms will accept the neutrality.
We'll certainly see soon enough.

(05-21-2020, 12:09 AM)Chuba Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I would just like to point out the fact that in the very first sentence of your information thread, you got a small yet very important detail wrong

[Image: BsJBYGt.png] - Omicron Kappa is the system that has the planet.
Fixed. Honestly not sure how I missed that.
I commend your efforts. Despite this, choosing in comms augmented humans to represent AI is a poor choice. Likewise, the objectives of the AI are too "human" in origin. Anyone familiar with the cognitive architecture theory, machine learning, or AI epistemology be in in sci-phi or modern philosophy would cringe. I suppose, people just have weak understanding of what AI theoretically is, and what it can be.

Do not take the criticism above too close tho, that is just the matter of preference of a particular individual too focused on AI being represented close to actual science. As long as you have fun and people interacting with you have fun - go for it. Good luck
(05-21-2020, 04:44 AM)Monsieur Baguette Wrote: [ -> ]I commend your efforts. Despite this, choosing in comms augmented humans to represent AI is a poor choice. Likewise, the objectives of the AI are too "human" in origin. Anyone familiar with the cognitive architecture theory, machine learning, or AI epistemology be in in sci-phi or modern philosophy would cringe. I suppose, people just have weak understanding of what AI theoretically is, and what it can be.

Do not take the criticism above too close tho, that is just the matter of preference of a particular individual too focused on AI being represented close to actual science. As long as you have fun and people interacting with you have fun - go for it. Good luck
Can't say I disagree, really, though organizing the faction into a manner that wasn't too alien felt like it was warranted. I'd never drafted up an AI faction before, and taking the third to last line of the Gammu infocard in account is a lot of what I was thinking when I was planning this out. The human-like contact with the outside also felt like something that could be experimented on as a more socially acceptable way inRPly for a robot race to interact with humans. It's not scientifically accurate, but then very few things within this game really are.
And this isn't trying to be a justification, either. More an explanation.

Hopefully it makes some sense, even if science gives it a thumbs down.
theres a whole wiki lore on FL AI i think you'll find you can play RP anytihng to synthetic AI with a good motor and speech! I think before criticisms come people should read the facts so here they are!

https://discoverygc.com/wiki/Gammu_Artif...telligence

https://discoverygc.com/wiki/Gammu_Artif...ence_Drone

https://discoverygc.com/wiki/Gammu_Artif...ce_Cruiser

https://discoverygc.com/wiki/Primary_Art...telligence

AI Can be roleplayed from anything to a blank hard drive filling up with information to a fully autonomous self aware AI! We are one, We are many, We are The Assembly!
I'm really not sure if leading 6 factions at once is something you should do, as you can obviously not divert as much time as perhaps one should for a 1ic

good luck regardless, writeup looks interesting
(05-21-2020, 09:41 AM)Lucas Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really not sure if leading 6 factions at once is something you should do, as you can obviously not divert as much time as perhaps one should for a 1ic

good luck regardless, writeup looks interesting
That's a fair point, and I am looking at downsizing my leadership of some factions I'm leading, particularly CR. As for 'Six' factions, I can only assume you're basing that off my signature, where two of those factions are very much dead, and one is in the process of a merger with another. May as well just update my signature tbh.
Still, looking to make this a strong attempt.