Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonia: What Next? Let the Community Decide!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
How do you define such incidents? Can you name an example or a few please? What precisely should they look like and what practical effects should they have in-game?
(12-23-2020, 09:53 AM)Traxit Wrote: [ -> ]Bretonian expansion into the omegas for resources. Which would ultimately result into a bret rhein proxy war, alongside fighting the damn omega unlawfuls.

Maybe the Corsairs can finally shine.

Post WW2 begun the cold war.
It could be interesting but some people don't like mirroring real life all that much.

Also I agree with about Bretonia being the center of attention. We've gotten far too much attention in comparison to other houses. Which is probably a reason why the playerbase has migrated to interacting with Bretonia be it to join them or to bash them as hard as they can. If perhaps there were changes made with other houses as there is with Bretonia the playerbase might shift and it would also give us something else to do other than, as stated before, logging on reaction. Which both sides have done I'd say to the same extent. It did get so bad that flying a battleship alone any further than NL and in 49 became a death warrant.

(12-23-2020, 09:58 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]But who cares? Kusari, suffering/enjoying a similar republican/imperial merge at the end of their civil war in the past, certainly didn't give any fucks, so why should anyone? As long as there is someone to blame...

In an at least semi-serious RP environment you could at least expect consequences. A civil war however is different from an all out war against another house. In a house you want stability and so pressuring the other half after a civil war would cause a larger split.

(12-23-2020, 11:23 AM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]But that's something that would make actual sense, we don't do such things here.
Like kusari starting the war over weapons of mass destruction and people who did Leeds, but making peace as soon as enclave shows up.

Kusari doesn't have the same level of industry that Gallia has/had it was said that they knew they couldn't win a protracted war. So with the addition of veteran Enclave personal to the ranks, Akin to that of the Japanese invasion of pearl harbour and their war with the USA, Kusari got extra spooked.

(12-23-2020, 01:48 PM)Relation-Ship Wrote: [ -> ]Bretonnia would be saved by the lawful OF having a couple non-scheming perma loggers that aren't afraid to give blue really.

This is incorrect.
We tried this.
We got absolutely molested by bomber swarms or overly outnumbered by valors/sheer firepower.

So we stopped. Because like you say. It's unfun. Now both sides are reactionary playing a game of cat and mouse instead of matching eachothers ship classes. Because apparently obstinate bad. Which to stop that argument I'd argue for an upscaling (hull included) for that third heavy and perhaps better heavy positioning to even things out a tad.

(12-23-2020, 09:17 PM)Anton Okunev Wrote: [ -> ][*]Pay debts.
[*]Play all war effects on society and sitizens.

Based on Bretonian/sirius culture and history in freelancer that would end up being an economic focus and our military would have to expand again to defend our trade and exploration. And exploration makes sense which might then lead to conquest. Because y'know... Leeds Refugees. Plus more mercenary bands harassing pretty much everywhere else like the privateers of Earth. And thing is... Like the Caribbean they now have the Tau's and Omegas. A new outcasted privateer-esque faction about the side of the Gaians perhaps smaller just floating about.
Perhaps the Molly's could start recruiting refugees in an overall anti government sentiment as governments led to the destruction of their livelihoods.

Nearly every RP world out there mirrors certain events in history.
(12-23-2020, 10:22 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]How do you define such incidents? Can you name an example or a few please? What precisely should they look like and what practical effects should they have in-game?

For a RP-oriented community the lack of imagination is sometimes very fascinating to me...

Just a few ideas out of my "instant ideas" hat:

- Refugees violently takeover a station / planet (Pittsburgh maybe ?)
- you can make a trade event out of this
- e.g. reuse the Riot Control Gear commodity to be shipped in, and Fleeing Refugees to be shipped out, or even try something new and use regular goods where lawfuls ship in Marines and unlawfuls smuggle Light Arms / Munitions

- A Nationalist / Xenophobic Party rises that wants to see all non Bretonians shipped out of Bretonia to make space for the locals so rioting breaks out
- basically a variation of the above theme

- Molly Movement tries to use the Refugees to boost their numbers and make an independent splinter state in Bretonia

- Outcasts / Gallia try to turn the unhappy Bretonian masses into drug junkies

- Bretonia unleashes the refugees as a trump card against Liberty after Liberty refuses to give more free aid to them (basically similar to what Turkey was doing past few years to the EU - Liberty makes much more sense, as the "promised land of milk and honey"). The Libertarians desperatly try to stop the poor Bretonians coming in droves by building a Space WallTM
(12-23-2020, 10:51 PM)LuckyOne Wrote: [ -> ]Refugees violently takeover a station / planet (Pittsburgh maybe ?)

Actually that's a shout. I didn't consider our refugees would all rush of to Liberty and overcrowd their systems which might cause tensions and immigration problems.
That's another route which mirrors historical events in real life.
(12-22-2020, 11:42 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]As of today, Bretonia is clear of Gallic soldiers, except prisoners of war. The liberation of Edinburgh closes a chapter that had been going on for the previous 10 years, and opens a new one. The Iliad and the Odyssey are finally over.

We are witnessing quite an unusual event: Bretonia's path is no longer clear, now it is facing a crossroad. Descending into inactivity is not an option. Bretonia needs to start doing something new.

I have decided to ask the Community for advice and Bretgov didn't oppose. What are your ideas? What would tickle your imagination and make it whisper to you: "Hey, this would make it interesting to try out (or retry) a Bretonian lawful faction"?

Bretonia has that Nomad City no? Maybe some accident happens on it and a Hyper Jumphole opens to the nomad world's?
(12-23-2020, 11:02 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Bretonia has that Nomad City no? Maybe some accident happens on it and a Hyper Jumphole opens to the nomad world's?

Here
(12-23-2020, 11:02 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2020, 11:42 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]As of today, Bretonia is clear of Gallic soldiers, except prisoners of war. The liberation of Edinburgh closes a chapter that had been going on for the previous 10 years, and opens a new one. The Iliad and the Odyssey are finally over.

We are witnessing quite an unusual event: Bretonia's path is no longer clear, now it is facing a crossroad. Descending into inactivity is not an option. Bretonia needs to start doing something new.

I have decided to ask the Community for advice and Bretgov didn't oppose. What are your ideas? What would tickle your imagination and make it whisper to you: "Hey, this would make it interesting to try out (or retry) a Bretonian lawful faction"?

Bretonia has that Nomad City no? Maybe some accident happens on it and a Hyper Jumphole opens to the nomad world's?

Not anymore. It was silently removed by allegedly devtonians for reasons unknown. K'Hara HC member who I talked to about it had no idea what happened.
(12-23-2020, 11:12 PM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]Not anymore. It was silently removed
That's a shame. I wasn't aware.
(12-23-2020, 11:13 PM)Hubjump Wrote: [ -> ]

Same here, I wasn't aware of that silent remove
It was such a good start for a possible great RP and interactions
(12-23-2020, 11:13 PM)Hubjump Wrote: [ -> ]

Its not Its in newcastle f2 sector!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12