Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Roddy and Rita
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
clay model dogs. ha. i find that very amusing because i despise claymations with a vengence that would make a space marine's wrath look like a kindergarten kid fingerpainting. the only claymation i have ever found amusing was knox's korner with all those blue guys. as for talking dogs and stuff, you have to see his story that he's working on... it's like redwall with squirrels, ferrets, and otters and all that, but with space ships and guns and laser cannons.
Yea and it kicks ass with all those squirrels and otters too. Dont underestimate furry guys with guns. dont.

Man you guys suck! Claymation rocks! haven't you seen Walace and Gromit? Those movies were classic lol........

Lets try and keep this post to whta it was originaly designed to be for please.....
oh man, wallace and gromit is the only truly great claymation... sooo funny.

*high fives QV*
Yeah! Someone who agrees with me!

Flushed away was one of the better animated movies to come out in a while, but unfortunaly, eventhough it was done by the people who made Wallace and Gromit and had the same character style, it wasn't claymation..... (see my sig for pictures of the Ardman studios animation style)
wallec and grommet has its moments, i'll admit. but the most part is just too much for little kids. no one blows up into meaty chunks or gets shot. :D
Start Part III (ooc: for size issues if the reader gets confused, in real space terms a gunboat would be about 10-25 metres long depending on class, a cruiser about 1 kilometre long, again depending on class and average BS would be about 3 kilometres long)

The Jammy Dodger Came through the jump hole from the omicron gamma system, Roddy and Rita not knowing what to expect.

The nomad battleship that awaited them was not what they were expecting.

The huge three kilometre long, semi-clear organic dreadnought was sitting 5 kilometers ahead, weeping blister ports on the side opening and deadly looking protrusions emerged from within. Violet death raged from the alien craft with the only intention to destroy.

Roddy had time to dash out of his chair and push the Emergency Distress button and jump back before the shots were fired.

"Hard to port!" Shouted Rita as she gunned the turrets. Two torpedoes streaked out from the Dodgers missile turrets. The first struck a turret and blew it from the massive battleships hull. The second was reflected harmlessly into space.

Roddy spun the manual control wheel to the left, and pitched 'down' slightly. A shot larger then the Rhienland gunboat flew over head, its back wash dropping the Dodgers shields down twenty-five percent.

The alien ship adjusted it self slightly and then large ports on its side opened wide to release hundreds upon hundreds of nomad fighters.

"Take 90 percent of engine power and divert it to weapons." Said Rita, the energy of the Dodger constantly firing guns was beginning to take its toll and the guns were doing less and less damage.

Roddy pushed a few buttons and he felt the gunboat slow drastically.

The Dodgers main cannon gave an answer to the nomads. It was operating at 150 percent its normal operational strength. the nomad fighters burned up and exploded 5 metres before the shot reached them. It struck the battleship and punched a crippling hole in its hull.

The aliens seamed un-phased by the show of strength and the hundreds of fighters still alive kept coming. The battleship did nothing to show it was crippled.

On the other hand, Roddy and Rita used up almost their entire coolant reserve trying to stop the main cannon from catching fire and destroying itself. Roddy cursed in desperation as he attempted to dodge a withering hail of fire power using the meager energy reserve left in the Dodger.

And then in a flash their shields were gone, over loaded by uncountable nomad blaster shots and still the assault did not falter. A large fire erupted on the bridge of the Dodger that sent a shock wave that knocked Roddy and Rita out of their chairs. Roddy knew that the dodger was lost and as he climbed to his feet and wiped blood of his brow, he stole a quick look out the window.

The nomad BS flashed a large beam of light sliced through it, sending explosions rippling through its entire hull. Another beam when through the engines and then the large alien ship stopped glowing and went still.

A large metal dreadnought pushed its way through the shorn halves of the nomad battleship, launching fighters to take care of the aliens still left. The last nomads pulled away from the burning Dodger and went to fight of this newer and bigger threat.

Roddy limped over to Rita who was lying still on the deck of the Dodger. He knelt over and touched he on the neck, managing to find a weak pulse. He felt himself lapse into unconsciousness, and walked for what seamed like hours to the communication relay and managed to push the Mergence Distress button, be fore he fell over, unconscious.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Rita woke on a bed in a strange room. She at first thought she was back of her apartment on New London but the she realized that the window lead to space. She tried to sit up but her head erupted in pain when she tried to move and she lay back down on the bed.

Roddy was sitting by a table, arm in a sling and a bandage around his forehead. He was making notes on a data slate when he saw Rita wake up.

"Rita! How are you feeling! The doctors said that you had suffered a major concussion when you hi the Deck on the bridge!"

"Wow. My head hurts but I feel pretty good other then that."

"Good to Hear. By the way, in case you wondering which I'm sure you are, We are on board the Order Battleship, The Defiant. The captain of the ship managed to pick up our initial Emergency Distress call and came to our rescue."

"Thats very good news! How is-"

Rita was cut off as an official looking man came through the door to the medical station. He talked in a rough, gravelly voice. "Greetings Roddy and Rita. You guys are lucky we arrived when we did."

"Indeed we are!" Said Rita.

"We also want to thank you. This was the forward scout of a very large nomad battle group. Because of you actions, we were able to get in contact with the Corsairs, Zoners, Asgard Warriors, and Hellfire Legion, members in Gamma and Theta, who will be able to hold off the attack, now that the element of surprise is gone."

"Its nothing," Said Rita before Roddy could respond. "Now what is the status of our ship, The Jammy Dodger?"

"Ah, your gunboat. Rheinland make by the looks of it. Shes screwed up pretty good, the only sentence that can really describe it." Said the captain.

"Rita, Im holding the repair bill here." Roddy brandished the data slate. "It says it will cost almost 1 million credits!"

"One million credits?!" Said Rita in surprise, wincing as she sat up. "Thats about a tenth of our entire savings!"

"Yes I know, most likely more too, as we will need to replace some of the weapons. Also need to replace the main coolant pump, as we over loaded it with the super shot from the main cannon. Oh yea dont get me started about that cannon. The focusing crystal matrix has been smashed and we need to go to New Berlin to get a new one."

"Ah yes," Said the captain. "Tis a sad state your ship is in." Our technicians will do all they can. By the way, My name is Captain Lonigan."

"We thank you and your crew again Captain, for coming to our rescue." Said Roddy.

"It's nothing friend, the Order helps anyone who kills to nomad scum. We are 3 days away from arriving at Planet Gammu, a small icy world run by a group of Robots, Probably put there by the Dom Ka'vosh to watch over the heavy nomad activity in this system. I'm must head back to the bridge now. Good Bye."

With that the captain left, leaving the pair to talk about all that happened the past few days.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A bulk lifter brought the Dodger Down the landing pad on Planet Gammu. It had been a long trip to the planet and both of them had made a steady recovery.

Roddy stretched his arms. It felt good to be on a nice solid planet again.

A robot walked up to him. "Greeting response: Greetings, <insert name here>. What can we do for you?"

"Um, ok. My name is Roddy and this is Rita." Rita walked over and the humanoid machine looked at the both and made some humming sounds. "Data updated Greetings, 'Roddy' and 'Rita.' Anything we may do?"

"Start by fixing up our boat!" Said Rita, passing the data slate over to the automaton.

"Acknowledged, 'Rita'." The machine took a small cord from the slate and plugged it into a port on its chest. "Data uploaded. Your request is being sent to the mechanics now. The price will be for your selections; 1,245,786 cr. Thank you and have a nice day." The robot walked away.

"C'mon Roddy! Lets go check out the equipment dealer!" Said Rita, eager to be up and moving about.

Roddy sprinted after her. "Wait up will ya!"

He found her in the equipment dealer, looking at some overpriced battleship guns about the size of the Dodger. "These turrets are pretty nice! But our ship couldnt handle them" She said with a hint of sadness.

"Rita, remember we do need something to replace the missile turrets." He said

"I know, I found these;" She walked over to a smaller set of gunboat turrets. "These two are battle razors. Their usually meant for killing cap ships, but with the increased power planet were getting, they can be quite deadly against fighters too! Also these order and corsair gunboat turrets are on sale. We should replace our standard issue Rheinland guns. They are getting worn out. And last but not least;" She pointed to a large turret. "An inferno cannon. These things take out shields like there is no tomorrow. It would be beneficial to have one on board."

"Wow, looks like you have quite a plan! I think we should go for it, were spending a lot of money any ways."

"My thoughts exactly, now all we- Hey!"

She walked over to a large focusing crystal matrix. "This is for a rheinland gunboats main cannon! I didn't think they were sold anywhere else other then New Berlin...."

"Well, add it to the cart Rita! We need one anyways."

The two walked over to the robot standing around. Then they quickly made their purchases and walked back to the ship to oversee the repair processes.

----------------------------------------------------------

Three days and many interesting encounters with the robots later, the Jammy Dodger launched from the Planet Gammu, shining as if it was straight of the assembly line at Oder Shipyards.

"Come and get us now nomads! Said Rita on the bridge.

And so they did. A gunboat and two fighters to be exact.

"HA! Come and get some of this!" Rita shouted again, and fired with her battle razors and the main cannon. The nomad gunboat was struck amid ships and was almost blown in half. Crippled it turned away by Rita hit it again with the main cannon and it exploded with a dazzling violet starburst.

The two fighters attacked and Roddy moved into position and the guns fired again, this time dropping the shields down a bit but it was the shots from the Dodger that did more damaged. One of the fighters stopped existing as it was engulfed by a white and green wave of energy.

The next one tried to turn to get out of range but soon it died as well.

"Ha! No aliens shall scare us again!" Said Roddy as the dodgers tractor beams initiated.

"Indeed! That was awesome!" Said Rita.

A large dark shape covered the sun. It was the Defiant. "Good shooting!" Said a familiar gravelly voice over the comms. "I think I may have something that you two may be interested in, Follow me.

End part III

OOC: there ya go friends the third and definitely not the last installation of the Adventures of Roddy and Rita. Please make some comments after you done reading!

Verginix Out
So no-one has read this lastest installment? I need some coments cause im gonna submit these to a group of people at my Youth Group and i need some more feed back.
ooc: Verginix, that was great! it was like something from the halo books when they were fighting the battle ship. very good writing all around. did it really cost you 1 milll. to repair it?
No, my ship never suffered that much, I put in that stuff for RP purposes, but it the sotry does follow how i travel through the systems quite accuatly. It just has all the fun bits to make the story good.

I ahve however had to pay around 2mil to repair my cruiser after a fight and i laded before realizing i could have sun dived and not paied anything, i figured it would mroe RP to repair it the old way, till i saw the bill -.-
OOC: You might want to remember that the BlackSquadron are aligned with the Order and would most likely also receive word of these attacks.. :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7