Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 4.82 Beta features, bugs & suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
OK, I'll try answering these:

[Money/Item transfers]
-- yes, there are a lot of ways to trade between characters, the simplest is the 'trade' function you select the player to trade with (has to be within 1k) and hit 'U' on your keyboard or click the trade icon at the bottom of the HUD. Ask someone to help you transfer, usually someone you know or a high-level player. [The_Angels] tag means trust and most people will say that [IND] can help you do that (we're filthy-rich, we steal from the rich NPCs).

[NY - Magellan]
-- NY - Magellan is closed due to a super-trade route, go the round way.

[Liberty Navy Guard]
-- those are 'Guard Factions' there are guards for every faction that has NPCs in the game. They are hostile by default. You have to make the normal faction very green to make the guards barely neutral.

[Unable to dock at a JG]
-- it happens at gates where there are NPCs dying for some reason when a NPC wants to dock and it gets destroyed in the process, the gate stays 'busy' you can F1 to solve this, but watch for npcs in the area as your char won't leave that area for 10 seconds after you click 'select new character'.

Nightfall.
Thanks for all the info, greatly appreciated.
Question:

Are the turrets (small transport, small train, large transport) you can loot of the transport and train wrecks suppose to be mounted on player ships?

Reasons:

1) the stats for the small transport turrets are pretty good damage wise (the others are useless unless you have about 10+ mounted).

2) all those lootable turrets are invisible.

3) all those lootable turrets can be mounted onto guns mounts as well as turret mounts.

4) theres no level stated so it appears that they can be mounted onto any level gun or turret mount.
Well Igiss, then something is buggy with that cruise disrupter, as it does NOT go 800m/s. There is a Lux liner and a few transports that can testify to that. I shoot it sitting still, moving, thrustering, or cruiser-engine-killing, and all of them end up giving it 300m/s. When you cruise the engine-kill, it'll jump ahead by 10m, then start falling back as its speed goes to 300 and you are a ~340.
Yes, CDs are messed up. What happend to the osiris??? it now has 340000 armor!!!!! it used to be 400000 this sux. I thought it was the same, and now i have to buy lib dred. damn damn damn damn damn!!!
Flyer, it probably has to do with the size, and the ease it can dodge. That thing is quite good at dodging infernos. Hence, smaller ship, better dodging. BUT, smaller ship, less armor. Its only logical.
Really?

So thats why the Bstars have got about the same armour rating?

A Bstar is twice the size of an osiris and it's alot harder to dodge with, so theres a flaw in your logic right there.

Anyhow, back to bug reports.

The train disrupter cannot hit anything that is cruising unless you are infront of it, so unless you can hit them before they charge their engines they will most likely get away.

I consider this a fair trade due to the fact that if the train disrupter missile hits it'll stop anything from a BS down to 3 or 4 fighters flying in formation.

If it hits all the time then traders will have no hope of escaping pirates/terrorists and I, for one, am fed up up of all the bitching that happens when traders start dying alot.
But what about a battleship CD?? In the time we were chasing the sso, i shot about 8 BS CDs at about 2k, and they went like dab said 300m/s. Couldn't even keep up, much less chase it. Gawd.
, that might have to do with the Bstars costing 20-35 million credits less than all the other battleships. Less cost means something will be lower. Maybe thats it. This is of course, just speculation.
Battlestars are intended to be the cheapest of battleships. As for the armor, you should've noticed that new battleships tend to have less hit points than pre-existing ones. This was done to deal with immunity issues, cause vanilla battleships are generally easier to hit.

That's why Rheinland, Kusari and Nomad battleships have got the most armor of all battleships. Rheinland also has a bit reduced speed and increased firepower. Other new battleships may be as large or even larger (Juggernaut for example, or Corsair Dreadnought/Venator), but they have less armor.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47