Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 4.82 Beta features, bugs & suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
In reviewing the latest discussion concerning the luxury liner topic I did notice (thank you to McNeo) an oversight in that I did not address the price point of the luxury liner.

I would add to my previous statements that the luxury liner is very under priced at the moment and I think it would be a good idea to make it much more expensive (in line with other vessels of similar statistics).

As a side note: my intention on posting my argument for the luxury liner was to improve the overall mod. I believe that the game is best when balanced. It does no one any good to have excessively powerful cheap vessels as this serves to detract overall from the experiance.

Oh, and finally, to call the luxury liner "Uber" might be a bit of an overstatement. I've found that it does not compare favorably with other military vessels (in the 60 - 100 million price range) and often finds itself on the loosing end of the stick in any pvp cruiser engagement, but perhaps that is because I am an inept pilot:)
Obviously some people have not used missiles often.

Missiles are generaly useless. It's rather hard to hit people with them if they have even a basic feeling for movement and are dodging, plus the only missiles that are of any use in PvP are horrificly expensive. I waste a good 100K per launcher every time I fight with Flugkorper because my missiles don't hit. Do -not- confuse real missiles with the Swarm.

If you look at today's fighters, you will notice a complete reversal of loadout from Freelancer. Our fighters are primarily missile based, whereas FL would have you think guns are the end-all be-all.

In fact, I would like to see an upgrade on the tracking abilities of several different missiles. Capital ship missiles for sure, plus an upgrade for the fighter missiles, such as the Paralyzer and perhaps a slight one for the Cannonball. Heck, even the Firestalker (supposedly the best tracking missile in the game...) could use a bit of a boost. I cannot count the number of time one of those things missed by 2 inches.
Capital missiles definetly need an upgrade, they can barely hit NPCs much less players.
Same for all missiles....I agree whole heartedly Kane....
Hey! I was about to something just like that, Kane! I'm in favor! (And I know what this means to my Bomber... Sad for him... I'll still use 'im.)
' Wrote:Yeah well dodging swarms is not exactly a chore....I have fired over 2000 swarms in one battle and hit nothing... And when they hit they do not do enough damage really to be worth anything except NPC raping....

Then, Tank, you're not using them right, same goes for the rest of you that keep missing.

Ask Korrd and Vtec. I didn't fight Korrd in a long time, but he was usually vaping me with 2-3 salvos. Same for Vtec with the Swarm, as long as I got CMs I stand a chance, after that... I'm usually turned to space debris.
Agreed with Kane, most missiles hit ratio is too low. I wanted to equip my character, Fnordie, just with missiles & torpedoes as it would help my RP, but I quickly gave it up. Maybe if the missile hit ratio was better there would be no need for 70 missiles in a fighter..

' Wrote:Majk, to hit someone with missiles, you need a lot less skill than with guns, same goes for spamming mines. As long as we can carry more than 15 mines/10 missiles, I won't call that strategy as it's not, as long as you have the option to spam something that homes on the opponent or make a dense field of those, I can't call that strategy. There are a lot of people who just spam. If you're really good and have a 'strategy' you'll be completely fine with those numbers I just gave. How many missiles does a fighter jet carry? Same for the shieldbusting mines, cheap tricks mate but whatever Igiss wants I can go against those too. Just giving my two cents as usual.

Well some of us are not really good pilots (including me) and need mines & missiles to hit something especially with a lousy internet connection. I use mines and missiles quite a lot but I don't just put them on autofire during PvP. I always try to use different weapons in diferren phases of fight. Just firing guns & turning(&strafing) & firing & turning... etc. is not that exciting. It's a race who has more maneuverable ship. Using mines can shake you opponent off you back. So I would never call shield-busting mines as cheap tricks, they really could improve someone's tactics. But I agree if I had just 10 of them I would think twice before using it.
I really don't think that tracking weapons are that big a deal. I agree they need better homing, missiles especially. Night, I don't think you or Vtec have much to complain about here, as you've certainly mastered the devastating NovaAM Cannons. Let us have our missiles and mines...

Not everyone is blessed with such deadly accuracy as you...:D
I could not agree more...Missiles cost waaayyy too much to have such ***** homing...they need better homing or need to cost less...
Only time I ever use missiles is when I have a missile turrent. Other than that, I just pick them up and sell them.

So, Just got my first Cap ship! Wow what a difference it makes! I can wade right into a gaurd sys and start harvesting yahoooooooo..
BTW. Don't know if this is a glitch but I found I can load a small transport turrent into the CD slot..
Winkie:cool:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47