Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 4.82 Beta features, bugs & suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
' Wrote:I always try to use different weapons in diferren phases of fight. Just firing guns & turning(&strafing) & firing & turning... etc. is not that exciting. It's a race who has more maneuverable ship. Using mines can shake you opponent off you back. So I would never call shield-busting mines as cheap tricks, they really could improve someone's tactics. But I agree if I had just 10 of them I would think twice before using it.
Lemme put it this way: I remember a long fight between a Manta and a Sabre, both had Nova AMCs, the Sabre had only guns and used some of the 15 mines it carried, the Manta used a lot of mines and missiles... I'm talking about flying skill... but I guess I should go fly a Fokkewolf or a Messerschmit:lol:

Those were flyers, no radar lock just skin and bone, old Terra, the Red Baron, true skill and honor.

Heh, I sound like a Samurai, guess I should join the NovaPG... oops! I blew it, now I don't get invited...

' Wrote:Not everyone is blessed with such deadly accuracy as you...:D
:lol:me, accurate? how would you call Caylith? The Goddess of Accuracy? She is so much better than me.
' Wrote:Lemme put it this way: I remember a long fight between a Manta and a Sabre, both had Nova AMCs, the Sabre had only guns and used some of the 15 mines it carried, the Manta used a lot of mines and missiles... I'm talking about flying skill... but I guess I should go fly a Fokkewolf or a Messerschmit:lol:
Yes a good fight (for me), I still need a lot of practicing. Don't forget that having more missiles gives your opponent less guns. But again I'll insist there is no less honour to use missiles and mines in the fight (Especially when they are not very accurate). Suicidal crashing a Zero into a ship's bridge was also considered like an honourable act in WW2 and I am glad that in FL you can only crash planets and suns..:-)

Yeah, Messerschmit. I am glad they didn't managed to get the type 262 into air at the beginning of the war...

Let's end this I see your point you like guns and hate mines and especially swarms and the others (me) like using differend types of weapons. Everyone can choose what they want and I would definitely purchase an EMP Mine if there was one.
You're right, we got way off-topic, I just checked, this is called '4.82 features, bugs & suggestions' not 'Nightfall's ranting thread' Igiss has the word, if he wants to add them... anyway, back on topic, please.
Um I am not sure if this is an error or bug but whenever the nomad thruster is equiped you do not see it on the ship it is mounted on. All not nomad or marsflyer thrusters have a little thingy that is the thruster on it but the nomad thruster is invisible....
Its supposed to be so you don't see it while it is on the NOMAD FIGHTER.:P
That's why I want "Nomad" weapons/shields/equipment that have no skins, or something like that. My Nomad fighter is sooooo ugly!
I agree with Virus, at least make them have a nomad skin, or no skins at all. Is there a nomad skin? well, obviously there is, but could you put it on a thruster?
' Wrote:I agree with Virus, at least make them have a nomad skin, or no skins at all. Is there a nomad skin? well, obviously there is, but could you put it on a thruster?

Nomad thruster has no skin... You don't need one.:P
All right, I've had it...

TIME FOR A NEW RULE SYSTEM

I have had it up to -HERE- with the three-death rule system. It's not RP, it's annoying as heck, and most of the time it's never even truly looked at!

I move to scrap the rules entirely, and offer two alternatives;

1) Increasing Penalties System; Offers chances to come back and try to even the score, but the results of failure climb higher every time.
1 Death - Your ship is heavily damaged and forced into a retreat. It will take some time to repair everything.
2 Deaths - Your ship is disabled and crippled. You must be towed back into base and get a new ship. Repairs are still possible, but it is generaly more cost effective to buy a new one. It is at this time that capture is possible, since you are at the mercy of the enemy.
3 Deaths - Your ship is utterly destroyed, only useful as scrap if even that. You barely escaped with your life, huddling in an escape pod hidden in the wreakage.
4 Deaths - You are dead. Your ship is reduced to component atoms and your frozen and torn apart body was found in the wreakage.

2) One Life To Live; You only get the one life. You die, that's it. No comming back.

(I will be starting a vote for this in the regular forums, so you may actually post a vote there and not worry about cluttering this one)
This is a really minor detail, but I thought I'd speak up anyway. The reference tables in the readme are nice to have, but the formatting is a little off and they can be hard to read. Evening up some margins would make a huge difference. Here's an example:

BEFORE

name weapons cargo hull nb/sb price notes

CSV 2/1 140 5200 50 162,500 Junkers' Combat Support Vehicle
Armored Transport 2/7 480 60000 240 2,120,000 Heavily armored transport
Repair Ship 0/3 340 14600 750 1,015,000 Repair vessel

AFTER

name...................weapons.....cargo.......hull........nb/sb.....price..........notes

CSV........................2/1...........140........5200........50......162,500.....Junkers' Combat Support Vehicle
Armored Transport...2/7...........480......60000......240....2,120,000.....Heavily armored transport
Repair Ship..............0/3...........340......14600......750....1,015,000.....Repair vessel

It doesn't take long, and it makes things easier. It's more of a detail than anything else, but comes across as much more professional. I'd be willing to go through, change it, then send it to you, if you're working on other things.

EDIT: I guess the board doesn't like more than one space between words so it's a bit distorted, but the difference is still there.
I liked the codename wepons before this mod.They were much more powerful and were awesome.Also there is a glitch in Tau 37 trade rought.....YOUR SHIP DISAPEARS:unsure:......thats pretty much it.Thanks:D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47