Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Großadmiral Karl-Heinz von Thielau; From: BAF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Pranava Mantra
To: Großadmiral Karl-Heinz von Thielau, RM

Grand Admiral,

Not long ago we were conducting joint military exercises. Yesterday at 17:38 Sirius Time, Bretonian receivers picked up a transmission from the Rheinland Military which claimed a right to patrol Omega-3 and ground or expel BAF, BPA and BIS units in the system. This is a declaration of war in all but name, yet we still wonder what Bretonian people have done to provoke it. As Commander-in-Chief of Oversector South, I ordered units into Omega-7 for a preemptive strike. We have lost a battlecruiser, a destroyer and a snubcraft in this operation. Your losses that we know of include a battleship and two cruisers, and a still unestablished number of snubcraft. Loss of life is still being tallied, but it doubtlessly exists on both sides. The Rheinland Military has started this and all loss of life is on the Rheinland Military's conscience.

You might disapprove of this "shoot first, talk later" method as dishonourable, but so was Rheinland's declaration. As the Governor of Stuttgart, I trust that you are responsible for the Rheinland forces involved in this theatre, and that you are privy to all the numbers that now keep arriving to you. You may have expected a quick and easy victory, but by now you must realise that Bretonia has demonstrated strength and that this was a wrong move by the Rheinland Military.

Three hours ago I received orders from the Bretonian Government that I should halt all sorties into Omega-7. I demand that you stop all sorties into Omega-3 and that you cancel the mentioned declaration, while our governments exchange diplomats to ease tensions.

जॉन खत्री
Commodore
Commander-in-Chief of Oversector South
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies
[Image: a9210358ca1fb170bf0b7c053af4845e.png]
Source: Munich
Encryption: port RM-HC-R5C-RU4T-MD
Submitter: Admiral Alexander Arnold
Recipient: Commodore John Khatri, BAF
Subject: Omega-3 and Omega-7

The Großadmiral is currently on leave so I will attend this urgent matter, Commodore.

I am glad for you reaching out and applaud your effort in attemping to calm down the situation.

Let me assure you that Bretonia are our strong partners and nothing has changed - we have gotten a scare from our scientists of an imminent potential reaction in the temporarily volatile Walker Nebula - naturally the last thing we wanted is to risk harm to your forces and the region, so we have altruistically attempted to protect them from a potential devastating cascade and ignition of the gases within by asking them to depart Omega-7 and potential regions in Omega-3. The language that used a broad blank inclusion of Omega-3 in the announcement might have given the wrong impression that we claim power over the entire system, which is definitely not the case.

I understand that tensions arose in the chaos from both sides, I have reports that even one of your warship commanders has gotten so lost he claimed the Elbe Border Fortress exclusion zone in Omega-7 to be Bretonian space.
The Rheinwehr will focus on Omega-7 and the secured space around Rugen Station in Omega-3 per the Rugen Accords in enforcing no-fly zones, directing traffic, and we entrust you to do the same in the remainder of Omega-3 as you see fit as per existing agreements.

As to the chaos the precautions have caused and confusion within both forces that even lead to unfortunate skirmishes - I will personally depart Munich at once to inspect and calm down the situation and will be on the scene in several days. I will request the scientific data that lead to the warnings en route and hopefully will be able to present them upon my arrival.

Für den Kaiser! Für das Volk! Für Rheinland!

Hochachtungsvoll,
Alexander Arnold
Admiral der Kaiserlichen Rheinwehr
[Image: img]

[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Pranava Mantra
To: Admiral Alexander Arnold, RM

Admiral,

It gladdens me to know that the Rheinland Military has already withdrawn the claims on authority over Omega-3, for a start. I approve that the Rheinland Military has returned to the rhetoric of treaties. I must remind you that the Rheinland Military may only deploy up to one Donau-class to Rugen Station and its corridor to the Omega-7 Jump Gate when capital ships are concerned, per the Rugen Accords. Rheinland laws do not apply in Omega-3, not in the Corridor, not around Rugen, nor even aboard Rugen, and only the Bretonian Charter of Interstellar Law applies. That is what the Rugen Accords say. If Rheinland attempts to regulate shipments of Terraforming Gases and Xenobiotic Filters in Omega-3, this will be considered piracy. In my personal opinion Rheinland has the right to declare some goods contraband and enforce this in its own territory, but a total blockade of another country is considered an act of war.

My demand to remove Omega-3 from your declaration still stands and it is entirely the Rheinland Military's responsibility to calm down the situation. I advise you to do this before tomorrow's session of the Cabinet.

I must also address the notable increase in Corsair, Red Hessian and other pirate activity in Omega-7. Of our losses that I enumerated, the battlecruiser was not lost to your fire, but to Corsair. Our infighting has encouraged and enabled the pirates to do what they want. I am giving Rheinland a chance to focus on keeping the Omega-7 trade route safe. If Rheinland cannot do this, then Omega-7 will need a new protector.

जॉन खत्री
Commodore
Commander-in-Chief of Oversector South
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies
Message Class: Audio-Visual

Encryption: Assam
To: Admiral Alexander Arnold, RM

[Image: MV5BMjA5NzUyODY1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDI4...@._V1_.jpg]

*The Commodore's eyebrows exert a sense of fatal determination that an inexperienced soul could understandably misconceive as insatiable anger.*

Salutations, Admiral! I insist that you listen, because this is very important! Two days ago a full Red Hessian fleet came from Omega-7 and ravaged our patrol. There have been no reports of any Rheinland Military ships at all in Omega-7 ever since, so I can only imagine what they have done to your fleet. I was expecting that you would contact me first, and I don't understand why you didn't, but I hope it isn't because you have been killed in action. I propose that Rheinland completely removes and condemns its notification about Omega-3 and 7, so that we may work together again to counter the pirate menace. A public apology from the Rheinland Military is due, and after you, from myself as well. This was madness, let's go back to working together!

*The signal cuts out as curtly as it appeared.*

[Image: d6ssy00.png]
Open for Replies
[Image: a9210358ca1fb170bf0b7c053af4845e.png]
Source: Omega-7
Encryption: port RM-HC-R5C-RU4T-MD
Submitter: Admiral Alexander Arnold
Recipient: Commodore John Khatri, BAF
Subject: Omega-3 and Omega-7

I have arrived in the system, and all our units have been ordered to stand down. Like I have said from the outset - we were simply acting in good will, trying to protect the region from a disaster - a necessary precaution that was meant to protect your people, not harm them. The several localised incidents that happened between our units however unfortunate are not signifficant in the big picture.

Whether it is due to our successful slowing down of trade and presence of the dangerous commodities in the systems or due to natural factors our scientists tell us that the environmental dangers of heavy trade and military presence in the Omega-3 and 7 regions of the Walker Nebula have subsided.

Trade can resume as usual, and so can our joint operations in the region and beyond. We have detected large concentration of not only Red Hessians but also Corsairs in both systems, and we will welcome and provide assistance against them, to protect the vital Omega 3 and Omega 7 trade highway between our houses that is once again fully open.

Für den Kaiser! Für das Volk! Für Rheinland!

Hochachtungsvoll,
Alexander Arnold
Admiral der Kaiserlichen Rheinwehr
[Image: img]