Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: »TO: ND)- New Dawn Movement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Navarch Valentine
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: ojmBL3n.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Your movement, the New Dawn Movement, has certainly drawn attention from our kin regarding your peoples involvement with the Pennsylvania "fuel crisis". Some speak of high praise with your courage in the face of certain danger. One individual in particular within our organisation wished for me to express their gratitude for your group.

Maybe some of you may recall some of our encountering people within Inverness upholding the blockadges during the refugee crisis during these times. Maybe not. No matter.

I have an offer to make on behalf of the Technocracy, and this may be right up your anarchic alley.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
$Solatra@NinthWind >> neuralnet comm priv "navarchvalentine@Auxo"
Neural Net Protocol: Searching...
Neural Net Protocol: Channel located.
Neural Net Protocol: Initializing stream.

[Image: MSyjAnE.png]

Can't say I was expecting a message from Auxo. None of us really were, so you're gonna have to excuse the late reply.

A lot of us in the founders were there, yeah, and we pulled our weight real hard to try to get that fuel through to the people who needed it. Hearing that it didn't go unnoticed is a nice bonus.

So who are we talking about that had such nice things to say about us? And what's this offer y'wanna make? We're listening.

$Solatra@TheNinthWind >> return
Neural Net Protocol: Process terminated.
$Solatra@TheNinthWind >> logout
...TRANSLATING DATA...

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

I will cut to the point as you're aware as what is going down.

We'd like to offer a contract for some paramilitary operations based within the Pennsylvania system, in effort of insuring Erie's independence. This contract will fall under an NDA, you cannot disclose that you are operating for us. In addition, the mission parameters may change based on circumstance, such as the Liberty Navy changing focus. The time for this contract will persist until the conditions within Pennsylvania have reached a conclusion.

If you are interested in this exotic avenue, we would like to take this opportunity to assess performance in some of our latest weapon development discoveries. If proven fruitful, we be able to supply you with some exotic weaponary systems as reward for your assistance. No doubt such experimental weapons would prove useful in defending your home.

As for your little secret admirer, you seem to have made a little fan of Revenant - As quick as her praise was given, her disappearance was just as fast. I believe they wished to speak to you but lacked the courage. I do not know what your personal business is between each other nor is it my concern, but I will leave that as a passing note.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

See, the thing that I find interesting about this contract is that we were already planning to show our faces there. We weren't exactly gonna stand by now that the easy part's done and just watch it from the sidelines. Personally, I feel kinda like y'shoulda already expected this--though I ain't gonna complain about you wanting to basically pay us for what we were already gonna do.

Still, if we're gonna do this, we wanna make a counter-offer.

Experimental weaponry's cool and all, but we ain't a government force or a research group. We're basically a bunch of ragtag militia who teamed up and decided we wanted to pick on the bad guys. We ain't even got consistent parts, let alone weird off-the-wall weapons. And to be honest, weird weapons ain't gonna be as much use to us as other things.

So that leaves us with what we do want, and that's kinda twofold. The first being logistical support. We've got a big old civilian carrier that we were planning on basing out of come the conflict in Penny, but she's kitted as a research ship first and everything else second. The kind of mobile base support that she'd give us is way more demanding on her systems than anything she's ever been put through, and that means maintenance. What we don't have for her is a drydock. What you guys have is a drydock.

You wanna help us make the biggest impact? Let our carrier dock on your base for a refit, and then--at least for this operation--let her come in for repairs and upkeep. If it goes well, maybe we can talk about extending that access farther out into the future.

The second thing that we really need is heavier support for home defense. With stuff heating up around the place and Crayter putting their eyes on Roussillon all official-like, we might need a bit more than just a wing or two of strike craft to keep the place safe. What we've had our eyes on for a while is a gunboat, but that kinda hardware ain't cheap, and what we definitely don't have in ample supply is credits to make that kinda thing happen.

You've got contacts. If y'can hook us up with a single Condor, kitted for anti-fighter support, we'll be happy as clams.

The Condor'll cost you less than those exotic weapons would, almost guaranteed. The drydock access, well, that's harder to price out. But like I said: if y'wanna help us make the biggest dent possible in Liberty's fancy hood, then that's what's gonna help us most there. Let me know what you're thinking.

$Solatra@TheNinthWind >> neuralnet comm priv "navarchvalentine@Auxo"
$Solatra@TheNinthWind >> neuralnet comm retransmit
Neural Net Protocol: Retransmitted last sent message to $NavarchValentine@Auxo.
...TRANSLATING DATA...

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

I'm afraid we cannot recommend the Gunboat, due to its large nature, the upkeep is quite costly to handle in comparsion to the weapons, or even strike craft. Now, the weapons in question are already manufactured - so there is no worry of cost regarding them at the moment.

Bomber craft have proven to be extremely efficient in deconstructing capital assets, that of which Crayter has preference in using. A Gunboat will not help your case against a swarm of fighters - not always, it is too costly, too large - even if can succumb to a swarm. But if a Gunboat is truly what you desire... we can see about arranging one from the market...

If the situation with Crayter becomes dire, we may be distribute some assets to act as distraction or protection duty. Of course, Crayter may seek the opportunity to attack us too during this time period, but we shall see. Perhaps you may be interested in a defensive agreement?

As for your request to repair and resupply, you may have access at the Citadel. Although be warned that the docks are usually busy, if the scheduling permits you to take a slot, you may. And it goes without saying that we like our privacy, do not share information on other guests who visit our home.

We do believe there are ports available in Pennsylvania that may prove useful, although I do not know your disposition towards the Junkers. Despite their ... unethical and, quite frankly, vile appearances... they still have their uses for doing some good.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

I don't exactly agree with your assessment of how useful a gunboat would be. We'd field the thing with fighters, not by itself, as a support platform that'd help us maintain space superiority around Andorra. Between that, fighters, and bombers, we'd be able to punch pretty much anything that comes our way pretty hard in the teeth. Hell, if you'd just hook us up with the Condor and its armor, we'd be peachy.

If y'got your heart set on the weapons, y'should prolly know that we would just look for buyers for them so that we can turn them into something more useful. So under those circumstances, you'd be better off paying us directly and save us a bit of headache.

A defensive agreement, we might be able to do, but we'd have to float that past the general assembly first. Can't make any promises on my end.

We don't mind your terms for docking at the Citadel, even an occasional dock for servicing will go a long way. As far as Junkers go...well, we ain't such big fans of 'em, and I'll leave it at that.

$Solatra@TheNinthWind >> neuralnet comm priv "navarchvalentine@Auxo"
$Solatra@TheNinthWind >> neuralnet comm retransmit
Neural Net Protocol: Retransmitted last sent message to $NavarchValentine@Auxo.
...TRANSLATING DATA...

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

We find it mildly disappointing - and perhaps slightly offensive - that you do not see the value in tools that grant you an upper edge...

Very well.

A condor it is.

Let us know how you feel about mutual defence against the expansionist desire of Crayter.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
Pages: 1 2