Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Irregularities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Med Force General and Research, Baffin System

Doc had been busy with meetings around Sirius, making deliveries and doing his work as a health care provider. He needed some time to think, to put things in perspective. He has a light smile on his face when he thought of Mariko, a Chrysanthemum woman he had a liking for. To his knowledge, he was the only person who knew and he wanted to keep it that way. Despite his good spirits, he was tired and his base in Baffin was a nice hideout to do some administrative work.

It was a small base with only 100 people on station, a big chunk of that was security staff. The most secret research of the Enterprise was done here and the worst cases treated....if they survived. Asides Med Force One, is was the only other place that a Rejuvenator would be found for burn victims and people with major deformities. For tonight, Doc was in his quarters going through files. Each month personnel within the Enterprise had their physicals based upon their birth month or other extenuating circumstances. He didn't expect anything unusual. With a glass of Scotch on the table next to him, he was reviewing cases. It was a common occurrence to read of one of his female staff would need to be informed that she was now an expectant mother. Times on bases and ships got lonely and fraternization wasn't uncommon. Doc only smiled at it as he made up a light duty slip for the mother-to-be.

Getting to the end of the folder, he came across the physical for his chief of mental health, Sonja Wilke. To Doc, she was one of his prized acquisitions. Coming from an abusive relationship and seeing first hand the results of combat, she was very good at her job. As he reviewed her file, he read through the screenings and began to scratch his chin.
"Odd," he said as he looked at them. "They read inconclusive." The attending physician was on station whom he called on his comm.

"Dr. Jacoby, you did the annual on Sonja Wilke?" he asked of him.
"I did and her readings were strange," he explained, "Nothing I had seen before but she showed otherwise healthy."
"Strange in what way," Doc asked of him.
"Her own readings mixed with another, one I couldn't figure out nor could I cross reference," Jacoby explained, "I was actually going to talk with you in the morning about it."
Doc nodded, "It is all good. I will see if I can find anything and I will let you know what I find, if anything."
"Very well, John," Jacoby replied, "have a good night."
"You as well," Doc replied before turning off his comm.

He again scratched his chin after another sip of Scotch. He suspected something but wanted to be sure so he accessed his private files, files that were heavily encrypted and secretive to only him. He entered his access codes and made the request in Latin tongue. Soon enough, he was viewing files and scans of his Nomad research. It was an ongoing project he had been studying for years including the examination of Nomad remains to scans of the infected to personal logs from his encounters with Nomads over the years.

On one screen was Sonja's annual screening. On another he screened readings from Nomads and the infected. Taking another sip of his Scotch, he carefully went through the Nomad readings and compared them to Sonja's. They were different but one characteristic was common in that two separate tissues became one. After more comparison, he took off his glasses and sat back. Looking around his quarters, he shook his head, put his glasses back on and looked again. Again, he sat back and thought under his breath, "Could she be infected?" He found it difficult to believe but there was enough evidence to warrant more examination. Still, he didn't want to raise alarms or endanger his crews. More importantly, he wanted to keep the rest of Sirius from knowing most notably, the Order. Using his cool composure, he decided to call her to Baffin for a chat.

Sonja,
When you get a chance, I need to see you at the base in Baffin. I have something I could use your expertise in a matter. I will be here for a few days. I look forward to seeing you.

With that, he retired for the evening.
MFE Healing Heart. In Orbit of Planet Nauru, Omicron Delta System

Sonja had just ended a Therapy Session with one of her patients and smiled as the Woman left the Room, this Patient had made big Progress in the Past Months and Sonja was sure that she could Leave the Hospital one day and Return to the Normal World. But Sadly she also had Patients that were so Broken by their Experiences that they would Stay with her for years, or sometimes even for the Rest of their lives. Sonja tried t Give them the Best Lives they could have onboard of her Mobile Hospítal Onboard of an Old Nephilim Colony Ship. She Tried her best so that all her Patients could go back to Normal Life, but the Mind of some of her patients was so Broken that they would never be able to have a Normal Life. She smiled as she got up to visit Some of those women that Lived in groups of 4 to 6 and had always had support from a Specially Trained Nurse 24 hours a Day and 7 Days a Week. She made sure that those women had everything they needed for a Normal Life or a life that was as normal as it could be in a Hospital that was floating between the Stars. She and Niki were spending some time with the Groupe during their Art Therapy Session and all of the Woman Wanted to Draw a Painting of Niki, and her Litle Helper was of course more than happy to Pose as the Model as long as she got some Treats as Payment. Most people wouldn't even Notice that this Woman had Severe Mental Health Problems when they saw them like this, but Most of them became Panic Attacks when they just saw a Man in the Distance. These were Severe Cases of PTSD and other Psychological Illnesses that were Caused by Years and sometimes Decades of Abuse and Mental and Physical Torture. But in moments like this, they were just normal Women that enjoyed painting a Cute Cat.

Sonja walked back to her Office after she had some nice Hours with More of her Long Term Patient groups. Even when she was Responsible for the Whole Hospital Ship and almost all of the Psychological Programs and Therapy offered by MFE, she Tried to take as much time as possible for her Patients. She had experienced the Same as her Patients as she was Married for the First time, she had Experienced Abuse and Psychological Torture herself and could Understand her patients in a way that was closer to her Patients than most other Psychologists. Sonja was Proud of her Work and the Service she offered to the People of Sirius and the women of the Borderworld in particular. Sonja wanted to offer a Place of Healing that she didn't have as she needed it the most, and she was Incredible Thankful to Doc Holiday that he saved her. The Gentleman Doctor had a Special Part in her Heart and was someone that she Looked up to and Admired.

Sonja smiled happily as she sees the Mail of Doc and reads it completely, it was clearly his style and she knew he was a Men liked to keep it Simple and so was his style in this Mail. As soon as she Reads it she Opened a Com Channel to the Bridge and ordered to charge the Jumpdrive for a Tripp to the Baffin System. It was time for a Change of Scenery anyways and her Patients would find the View onto the Birthplace of MedForce Enterprises and the Orange Giant behind it Interesting and Calming. She Changed the Location of the Ship as often as she could, but the Use of the Jumpdrive was Reserved for Emergency or Long Distance Travels. She was Curious what kind of Case Doc had for her and who would need her help. She was always happy to help others and hadn't seen Doc in a while and was also happy to see him again.

Soon the Ship was Jumping into the Baffin System and Came Closer to the MedForce General and Research Station. The Baffin system was a Magnificent Sight and she was sure that it would cheer up the Patients too. As soon as the Ship was Close Enough she took a shuttle to the Station and Registered that she was on board and walked over to John's office, her Cat Niki was on her Shoulder and watched over the Patients and Personal that Walked by them. A lot of the Nurses and Doctors knew Niki from the Time as Sonja was a Patient on this Station and Niki escaped all the Time from Doc´s room to be with Sonja, he tried for a long time to Keep Niki in his Room, but her Smart Cat always escaped and slept at Sonja´s side. And because of that her Litle Companion was a little Celebrity among the Staff of the Station and received a lot of Cuddles and Praise. As Sonja Reached Doc´s Room she Knocked on his Door and Entered as soon as she heard his Voice from behind it, and Closed it as soon as she was in the Room.

Sonja: Hello John, how can Niki and I help you today?

"Doc, Sonja is on her way to you," was the message over his comm. He was still reviewing files and was a bit surprised at the speed of her arrival.
"That was quick," he answered as he removed his glasses in surprise.
"Jump drive, Sir," was the reply to that.
"Ah yes, jump drives. How soon I forget about those things. Med Force One has had terrible luck with those things." He shook his head realizing he was starting to ramble. "Very well, thank you."
With that the comm cut out.

He closed out of his files except that of Sonja's and even then he minimized it. When she walked through the door with cat on her shoulders, he had to snicker. He smiled and greeted them both as he took Sonja's hand. "Sonja, it is good to see you again." With his other hand, he gave Niki a scratch on the back of the neck.
Releasing her hand, he directed her to a chair, "Please, sit down. A drink for either of you? I have milk for Niki."

For a moment, he just looked at her, seeing if he could notice or even feel anything, neither of which he did. He decided to just chat for a bit to start.
"Sonja, it has been some time since we last spoke. You came to me as a patient, went through the academy and medical training and have been performing admirably. Reports I have received have been excellent. I figured, why not get perspective from the one who has been doing the work."
Medforce General and Resarch. In Orbit of Planet Eris , Baffin System

Sonja Smiles as she sees how John interacts with Niki, she knew that her little Furrball had made John's life hard as she was in Coma. She knew that he must have been Frustrated with Niki at some times, but she also knew that her Litle Companion had Stolen his heart as she was Always Doing. The fact that he thinks about too Offer Milk to her Litle Companion shows her that Niki had Wrapped Doc around her Claws already, he was just fallen to her charm like everyone else that has ever met her.

Sonja: oh thank you John Tea and some Milk for Niki would be Lovely.

Niki Purred and wags her tail as she got the Cuddles from John and jumped over onto John's Desk and Laid on it as if it was her Own Property. Sonja couldn't hold back and chuckle as she sees this, but she also knew that it was pointless to try and get Niki off this Desk now that she had chosen it as her Resting Place. She smiled as she spoke to John and was a Bit Irritated why he Looked at her this Closely, but as always her Second Half was More Suspicious than her and Talked with Sonja in her head so that John wouldn't See or Notice.

Admete: Be Careful Sister there is something deeper here than just a Friendly Chat, I have a feeling that he has more up his Sleeve.

Sonja: You are Paranoid Sister, he is a Friend. If it weren't for John I wouldn't even be alive today. But I will be Careful.

She made sure not to talk too long with her Other Half as she didn't want to seem odd or absent to John. Sonja Knew John and was sure that he was one of the Good ones, that he was one that would be called a Pure One. She hoped that she could keep her Sister Admete a Secret from him for a bit longer but she knew that she would have to tell it to him one day, she just hoped that she had still some more time as she feard how he might React to this Reveal. But for now, she was Just Enjoying his Company and the Conversation.

Sonja: well John the Tings are Fine, at least as Fine as they can be in a Hospital. We Could Release 7 Patients this Month and Support them now with Ambualant Therapy Sessions at their Homes. Also, we Make Great Progress with Garden Therapy, to Work with Plants and Flowers gives the Patients something to do apart from the Usual Therapy Sessions. I would say we Make Good Progress at the hospital, but we have to wait and see what the Future Brings.

She smiled and chuckled. As she took the Cup of Tea that he had offered her earlier and looked at him. He couldn't see any difference from the Woman that he had saved. Sonja hadn't Changed a bit on the Outside. Niki was also Realy happy as she Starts to Drink her Milk and made Loud Purring Noises as she was as happy as a Cat could be.

He had a pleased look on his face. "Seven patients? I would say that is quite good. I can see bringing you on board was a wise choice. I do not know how you mental health experts do it but I am very impressed with your work."

He got up and headed for the small bar in his office. It wasn't just laden with alcohol but he also had a coffee pot and an electric hot water kettle. He decided to join her in some tea getting two mugs and setting them up. As he placed the tea bags in the cups, he asked of her, "Garden therapy, exactly what does that entail? Is it what my imagination leads me to believe? A group of patients in an outdoor garden setting, in a round circle in a group therapy session?"
A lot of him was curious. He still felt alone and quite depressed. Perhaps it might be for him.

He poured the hot water into the cups, placed a teaspoon in each and set Sonja's cup next to her. "Here you are. Do be careful and let it cool a little."
He then set his on his desk and walked back to get a small dish of milk. Walking back, he kissed to Niki and placed the dish on the floor. "Not on my desk, Young Lady!" he said with a quip.
Sitting down, he took his mug, sat back and repeated, "This garden therapy. Tell me about it?"

Sonja chuckles as she Sees the Suprised Look on John´s Face as he heard about the Patients that could go home. She Smiled at him and Nodded as she looks at him makeing the Tea and the litle bowl of Milk for Niki. She was suprised that Doc had some Special Cat Milk in his Cooler and she was sure that he had it just for her Niki.

Sonja: well it is good for the Patients, but I have still a lot under my Care that has a Long way to go till they can Return to Normal Life. We Support those that we have Released at these Homes and I or one of my Fellow Doctors Visit them once a month to see how they are and if they need more help. But I have to tell you that those 7 Beds are already Filled again with other Patients that need my help. But hey that's what I am here for, to bring a little Light into the Darkness of Space, and to help those that need it the most.

Sonja smiled and took the Cup of Tea and chuckled as she sees how Niki Reacted as she didn't get what she wanted, it was a Rare thing for her Cat to meet someone that Stood up against her. Sonja Knew that her Litle Companion would find a way to get her will later, even when she jumped down at the moment to Drink the Delicious Milk. She knew that her Cat Couldn't Resist the Seductive Power of a Bowl of Milk, too get Milk was a Rare Treat for Niki as it wasn't that Healthy for Cats when they Drink Milk all the Time. But from time to time she allows it to make her Litle Companion Happy. After a while, she Drank from her tea and smiled as she tasted the Fine Flavor of it.

Sonja: She gets so Rarely Milk as it isn't that Healthy for her and she gets too Fat if she gets too many sweet things like Milk and Treats. But Today is special as she sees you again, and i am sure that she will forgive you the Crime of Sending her from her Chosen Resting Place now that she haves the Milk.

She Laughs and smiled as she enjoys the Tea and hears the Happy Purring from her Cat that Slowly Drinks the Milk to get the most out of the Rare and Delicious Liquid. After a While Sonja looked back to John and thought about the Conversation they had, she knew that her Sister was always Concerned about her Safety and saw Dangers in each and every Shadow they came across. But Sonja Knew this man and she knew that he would never talk this Friendly and Normal with her if he saw her as a Threat to the Patients under his Care.

Sonja: well as you know is my Hospital on board an Old Nephilim Colony Ship? We use the Big Biodomes that are Mounted on the sides for Several things, one of which is to Farm and Grow some Fresh Vegetables for us and the Patients. But that uses only a Part of the Land in the Domes. Other Parts are used for Parks and Recreation Areas, and some parts are used for Garden Therapy. Each Patient gets a Parcel of Land that is 1 Meter Wide and 3 Meters Long, In this Field, they are allowed to Plant and Raise everything they want. Most Patients Choose Flowers, but some Grow Herbs or Vegetables. Our therapists, Nurses, and Botanical Experts Help them Raise the Flowers, Crops, and whatever else they Plant to grow into something nice.

She smiled and looked very Proud about this form of Therapy. Sonja had Read about it in an Old Medical Journal and wanted to Try it, it had taken a bit of time to Convince the Botanical Experts on Board to Give them some of the Limited Land in the Biodomes for her Project, but the Results Proved how effective it was.

Sonja: It is Medical Proven that Contact with Nature and Work with their Own Hands can Improve the Psychological State of a Human Mind. And it also helps to Reduce Frustration and Fears that can come from a Stay in a Hospital. Normal Therapy is also important but when it is combined with Something Like Garden Therapy where the Patients can work with their own hands and then see what Grows out of that Work can Boost our Normally Therapy Work by a lot. Well, the Patients are Realy happy when they just feel like Normal People that take Care of their gardens for a while. Even I have a little Garden where I grew Cat Mint and other Flowers. You see Garden Therapy is one of many Stones in the Foundation that Supports my Therapy Work and helps me to Heal my Patients.

"The domes aboard your ship and those of Med Force One sound similar only the ones aboard MF1 are used to grow natural medicines," he replied. "We have some food as well so I like what you are doing. I should come visit sometime as I would like to see all of this in action."
He thought for a moment as he wanted to bring up Med Force procedures.
"So when you bring in patients, I am assuming each is given a screening per our regulation," he asked. "I have seen what happens when someone carrying a virus gets through and then everyone has it. You know, a bio scan and physical examination. After all, they may need medical as well."

He valued the safety of his people more than anything. Sure, he cared about every patient within the Enterprise but without his people, it meant little. He stood up and walked towards a window that looked out towards Shasta with his hands behind his back. "While we have crews in just about every Freeport in Sirius and a lot of crews on away assignments doing everything from medical training to sick bay construction, illness and death are risks of the job.....risks that I attempt to minimize."
He then turned back around and took a few steps back. "Now and then, I have to go to a family and explain what happened to their son, daughter, wife or husband. Even though people volunteer for these missions, I worry everyday about those involved."

He sat back down and leaned forward, "So you can understand why I ask about policy and procedure even on your ship."

She smiled and Sips her tea while she Listens to John and followed him with her eyes through the Room. she was happy that he was so interested in the Therapy that she Offers to her Patients. Sonja Was Proud of her Therapy Methods and the ways she Helps her Patients.

Sonja: you are always Welcome to Visit us and see our Therapy Offers First hand. We offer Many Different Ways of Therapy so the Patients can Find one that they are the comfiest and most Relaxed with. Garden Therapy is only a Smal Portion of the Offers we have for our Patients to get Healthy Again.

She smiled as she sees how Niki was Done with her Milk and Jumped back onto Doc´s Desk and Laid down for a Comfy Nap, but Sonja took her Soon and laid her into her own Lap. She was a Bit Worried as he Brought The protocol for admitting patients to the hospital, she never had problems with that and her Sister was immediately in a Ready State as she was Suspicious of the Situation, so she talked with Sonja in her Mind again so that Doc wouldn't notice.

Admete: Be Careful Sister there I have a feeling that there is more to this and a Simple Question of Protocol

Sonja: don't worry Doc is a Good Man, I am sure he haves Good Reason for all of this. But I appreciate your Worries Sister.

she smiled at John and sends her Sister Love and Happy Feelings to Calm her, Sonja knew that Admete was the Ying to Sonja´s Yang. Whereas Sonjas was Friendly and open and Believed in the Good Intents of People, Was Admete Cautious and Careful and always Ready to Protect Sonja even by any means Necessary.

Sonja: yes we Know the MFE Standard Protocol and Use it whenever we can. But we have also Rare Cases where the Mental State of Such a Deeper Examination would do more harm than good for the Mental State of a Patient. Such mostly happens when a Patient is in a Panic State or Gets a Flashback during the Examination. In such cases, we do Medical Scann that does not Traumatize the Patients any Further and then we Put them into a 2 Week Quarantine in a Special Isolated Department of the Hospital where we can Work with them and get them Calm enough so we can do the rest of the Examination by Protocol. But if we Notice the Patient Develops Symptoms of any Illness during the Quarantine then we Extend the Period of Quarantine and take the Necessary Actions to Fight the Virus or whatever Plaques the Patient. Thankfully we only have to use this Procedure in Rare Cases, but we made sure that we have the option for such an Unusual Protocol as we Renovated the Nephilim and Turned it into a Mobile Hospital.

She smiled at John and wasn't entirely sure what was the Reason for him to Ask her Such Questions that are about the Standard Protocols when you take in new Patients. She was beginning to think that her sister might be Right with her Assumptions about deeper Motives.

Sonja: of course, I can understand you asking me about the Protocole. A Hospital Ship such as mine is a Microcosmos that offers Ideal Conditions for a Virus to Spread. That is also the reason why this Procedure is Admitted to all Personal that Comes on board. I have to go through the same when I come back on Board. The Lives that are under my Care are the Most Important to me and I do anything to Protect them. The same goes for the Crew and the Food or Medical Supplys we bring on board from the outside, everything will be Scanned and Examined before it comes in Contact with the Patients.

She smiled friendly at him as she knew that the Scanners are Manipulated and would Erase all Scanns that show her Sister that Rested inside of her Body and Replace them with the Insides of a Normal Human. Sonja was always a bit sad that she had to use such a Tactic, but she knew well what Humans did with those that they Called "WILD".

He nodded as he knew that Sonja knew and practiced proper protocol. He then relaxed a bit.
"I will admit, Sonja, your work is not all I called you here for. I do want it to continue and I to be the standard for all of Sirius and even to Gallia. The other reason I have you here is your recent physical with Dr. Jacoby. He is a very good doctor here so when he comes to me with readings that are, well, off and that he cannot explain, I decided to look into the matter."

He pulled up three files on his system and had her look at them. "The first one is screening results from a few years ago from a patient I had back at Med Force General on Gran Canaria. I took from that file the scans we took of her. The second is of one I did most recently of a client whom I will keep anonymous as she is a trusted friend and has been a supporter of Med Force Enterprises. The third are your readings from that recent physical which I compared to your initial scans when you began working with us. They are all the same in that they are three very different people and the same in that the irregularities I found were all the same."
He sipped his drink as a look of worry came across his face, not so much for what he was about to show but the reaction he would get. "Sonja, today I may find more answers of something I have sought for years, thanks to you. I could not quite put a finger on those irregularities until I pulled up some readings and information from a classified file from Med Force One, readings from some Nomad remains we recovered and eventually returned to the Nomads themselves."

He sighed and fixed his eyes to hers. "Sonja, are you joined with.......another? Mind you that you are a trusted co-worker and someone I value. Also know that I am a man of peace and wish......" He gave a circular wave of his hands in front of himself. "..not harm to....it." He then put on that soft, caring smile that was almost a signature. "In fact, it is a chance for me to learn and to speak to one so close."
He finished with, "Also know this. As of right now, you and I are the only two that know about this."

Sonja Sighs After she Listen to Doc and Realized that her Sister was Right at one Point. Doc had had something up his sleeve that she didn't Like at all. She turned Inward to Speak with her Sister and Discuss their Options. Meanwhile had Niki Noticed the Tension in the Atmosphere and how Scared Sonja Felt, the Grey Cat Jumped onto John´s Desk again and Looked the Doctor Firmly in the eyes in an Unspoken Warning not to Hurt her Twinsoul.

Sonja: what are we doing now Sister?

Admete: well we are in a Shit Situation, for now, we can only see what his True Motives are. But if he Tries to Hurt you then I will fight a way out for us. You can sleep then if you want so you don't see the Violence.

Sonja: don't Hurt anyone ok? I Love those People and they saved my Life. Let us First See whats Doc´s Motives are.

Sonja opens her eyes and looked at John, in the Back of her Eyes he could see a Weak Purple Sparke that showed that Sonja´s other Side was Watching Closely whatever would happen next. She was Ready to Defend her Sister as she was speaking to John. Sonja Smiled as she sees how Niki was Ready to Defend her Human, she Chuckles and takes the Cat and sits it on her Lap. But Niki keeps Looking at Doc and wasn't that happy about the situation.

Sonja: so you found out? I Feared this Day Might Come one day, I just had hoped it wouldn't be so Soon. Well, it won't do good to Denie it or try to find Lies. Yes, I have a Roommate in my Body, but I rather like to call her my Sister. And before you ask, She doesn't Controles or guide me. I am still the Sonja that you saved and helped to become a Doctor. I also wasn't Forced to take my Sister into me, I Accepted her Freely and Openly. And she is no "IT" her Name is Admete, she... well maybe I should let you Speak with her Directly.

Sonja Closed her Eyes and her body Shiverd a bit before she opened her eyes again, the Iris was now totally Purple and shined a bit. Sonja´s Voice also Changed Lightly and became a bit Deeper and Darker. But she also smiled as she sees how Niki Reacted to all of this, she had a Soft Spot for the Furrball in the same way that Sonja Had. She couldn't Resist Cuddle the Litle Cat on her Lap while she looked at Doc, her Eyes showed the Same Intelligence that Sonja had But had also a Hint of Coldness that showed that she knew how to fight if she had to.

Admete: You say you are a Friend of the Light? And my Sister says you have a Pure Heart. I have my Doubt about this, but I have learned that she has a Better Judgement for such things than I have. Also, the fact that we weren't Ambushed by Oder Fanatics gives you Some Bonus Points. I am Admete, that's a Name that Sonja Gave me, It means "The Unbroken" and is the name of a Mythological Princes or so. For Now, Sonja is Resting within our Minds but she Can see and Hear Anything that we Speak, but there Can be only one of us being "Active" in the Controle of the body. So go on and Ask your Question, then Sonja and I have some of our own to Conclude if you are a Threat to us, or if you are a Friend as Sonja Belives.
Pages: 1 2 3 4