Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: >>:| Caliban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker2.gif]

To: __Caliban.
Sender ID:__. Rebecca Harper.
Message Origin:_ Nobeoka Platform.
Subject:___ My idiot brother.

Cal, it's been a while since we resolved that mess regarding a certain someone, and now I've heard you've met my little brother and his Corsair mate.

I've also heard that my little brother has and I'm quoting this, his own personal drama with you and that aforementioned certain someone. Is there anything I 'ought to know? Not that I particularly care if you have to kill him just for the record, I'm mainly just curious if that little shit is about to cause me another headache with you know who.

-'Becca
[Image: SXSiXTD.png]

IDENTIFICATION: Caliban
SUBJECT: RE: My idiot brother.

MESSAGE ORIGIN: Freeport 14, Inverness System

Rebecca.

You were fed some good horsesh*t then. No I don't have any personal vendetta against your brother. Do you really think I like picking fights with every random prick I see in space? Whatever...maybe the bloke' who told you that was drunk. Don't suppose you'll tell me who's the chirping bird, though.

Anyway. I was just being the good listener I tend to be. Told me of a particular screwup which involved you also. Wants to talk to you, that's all. Levan might've given away your position by the looks of it seeing as you sent me a message from that weird GMG "Platform" he spoke of.

Subject:___ RE: RE: My idiot brother.

Honestly Cal? My credits would have been on Jason picking the fight, but you're right about the bird.

Anyway, I was pretty sure I made it clear to Jace that we don't have anything to talk about, might have to remind him of that fact if he's actually stupid enough to come to Nobeoka.

And on the topic of Nobeoka, cheers for the heads up about the fact Levan saw fit to tell Jace about it, but Levan forgot the most important thing I told him about the spot, though I think I'll let Jace find out for himself who runs the platform these days if he actually decides to come out this way.

Admittedly I'm curious about which screw up exactly Jace was talking about but I won't take up anymore of your limited time over my fuck up of a little brother. Cheers though, Cal, sorry again for having to bother you with this.

-'Becca

SUBJECT: RE: RE: RE: My idiot brother.

Rebecca.

You're not bothering me with anything. What would actually bother me is the two of you meeting and only one to come out. Losing you would give Laz a massive depression - and I just can't have that happening, you know. As for Jason...eeeh. Might be more important than he lets on. Could have some of his hidden friends pop around the window. Or something else. He's unpredictable like that, you know. Though I really don't have any right to give advices when it comes down to relatives fighting eachother.

I'm guessing you won't tell me why you two are so angry at eachother, hmm?

Subject:___ RE: RE: RE: RE: My idiot brother.

If it came to that, I can assure you it wouldn't be Jason walking away, then again, I'll admit I'm assuming his only friend is that 'Sair that he managed to convince to come all the way to the Independent Worlds to play bodyguard for him.

As for the reason I'm pretty sure half of Inverness knows it, so I'll give you the "highlights" of everything.

See the problem started when he tried to force me to choose between him and my two best friends and the rest of our cell before he deserted us all on Leeds, then he didn't come back when the Gauls began their final moment of madness because he was too busy playing pirate in the Omegas while I thought he was dead, because I thought surely my own fucking brother wouldn't leave me and his friends to die right? Yeah, turns out I was a total gobshite with that one.

So fast forward a few years to where I'm thinking to myself that he was dead and I'd finally made my peace with how things turned out between us and I'm finally starting to feel happy just for a bloody second before the whole Oz' mystery and the mess with Levan and then I wake up to K- , Laz telling me he's staring right at Jace right outside Fourteen who threatened him into taking him to me.

And then to top it all of that 'Sair cunt threatens Laz if I don't stay my hand against my little brother whose fresh back from the dead and rightly doesn't deserve to still draw breath.

But then again for the sake of fairness the anger is mostly on my side unless the little prick thinks the fact the made a pathetic half assed attempt of an apology while threatening the one damn person in my life I feel like I can trust totally. In which case he can go shag himself for all I care.

Now I know how fond you are for having the full picture, but that's pretty much the whole story without delving into some rather personal details I'd really rather not get into.

So I hope that's enough to explain all this for you Cal because I'm in the mood to punch and or break something just from talking about it.

-'Becca

SUBJECT: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: My idiot brother.

Rebecca.

So it's that bad, huh? I understand your anger then. I wasn't an example either in being a reasonable and rational person when a certain someone did the worst possible decisions in my name.

Anyway it is entirely your choice to share whatever you want with this story. Just don't do something stupid - like underestimating your brother. That will bite you in the ass really quick.

Right...and try some chamomile tea. I don't know from where do I recall it from, but it is said to calm your nerves. It did help me a little. Maybe it will do the same to you.

Subject:___ RE: RE: RE: RE: My idiot brother.

I won't even address the reasonable comment, Cal, but the rationale is quite simple, either I risk him completely unravelling the lies I told when he left or I tie off the loose end for good. It's just basic logic if it comes to that scenario, any affect that has on my anger? Well, that's just a bonus.

Point taken regarding underestimation, but I know Jace and I know myself, I was always faster than him and I doubt he's been keeping in practice the last five years, but me? I have been making sure not to lose my edge.

And uh... I'll keep that tea thing in mind, but herbal tea isn't really my thing, but thanks anyway I guess.

-'Becca

Message Origin:_ Stuttgart.
Subject:___ I don't believe it.

Rev claimed you shot yourself while on the comms with her, I'm finding it hard to believe.

You level with me and I'll level with you.

About everything.

-'Becca
[>data.stream: active]
[>sender.ID: ED-1]
[>target.ID: REBB]
[>upload.file.size: 67,12mb]
[>file.format: audio]

Hello!

Your message has been redirected to me! - the sender - due to a lack of response in an agreeable timeframe from our esteemed Captain. Protocol dictates that I provide a soothing melody while you wait!

[Music]

While you wait for a reply it would be wise to ask for an opinion - mine! Because if you did I would say that the recipient you are trying to contact is currently unable to respond.

Contrary to popular belief, this is not voicemail. It is, however, sent by a semi-sentient being.

[>File Transfer: complete]
[>Origin: Re-Routed through RV-Wayfarer]
[>data.stream: closed]

Subject:___ AI.

Yeah, I got the recordings after, so disregard the disbelief.

But since there is supposedly something sentient on the other end of the line, do us a solid and let us know if your, well I don't know what the relationship or deal is.

Is Caliban dead or not? If not I need a word when he's able, if he is, best of luck with all these you have to deal with.
-'Becca
Pages: 1 2 3