Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: A/)- || From: Albert KcKenzie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: albert.png?width=768&height=768]

Albert McKenzie, Starfliers
To: Technocracy of Auxo
Subject: Generating Artificial Jump Holes

Greetings, whoever receives this message. I am sure you know, I am Albert McKenzie, research lead of the Starfliers.

My communication today comes from surprise contact and development with an independent researcher by the name of Richard Batsbak. I am only able to pass over information that is factual about my time spent with them, a very interesting discovery was made. It is unknown to me if you already know about this event, regardless I will share what I know.

Dr. Batsbak has successfully generated an artificial Jump Hole within the Puerto Rico System. If you wish to find this rift to study, you will find it within the area marked Golf 4. This particular rift can accommodate transit of any size of ship, however the tunnel created between it and it's destination is only one way. Being that this rift is unstable and could close in the matter of hours, I took the risk and brought the Arcturus into the rift's pull. Much to my surprise I ended up in the Omicrons, specifically Kappa.

Considering our own work on hyperspace transit via surveying entry vectors, I wonder how an lone researcher could have obtained the necessary components literally create a one way wormhole. We have not achieved that level of technology yet. Would you have any idea as I'd very much like to pursue a similar project myself.

Formerly, Godspeed

...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Revenant
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: ozHP6dh.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Hello, Albert.

Most fascinating.

During the process of this... experiment, did this Richard Batsbak have oversight by you - the Starfliers? I would like to ask of you for a favour. Please observe it, and note any activities of dark matter nearby.

No less, I do thank you for the information, it would have most certainly disrupted our studies to find abnormalities.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

To: Revenant, Technocracy of Auxo
Subject: Returning before Jump Hole Collapse

Allow me to clarify, we were not involved in the process of generating this rift. We were contacted by Dr. Batsbak directly to inspect the artificial jump hole after the tear in space was formed.

Once we made it into Omicron Kappa, I flew to Zurich to study other anomalies. I may take a brief pause there and return to Puerto Rico to gather more data for both our own and the Technocracy's benefit. As I understand, artificial holes are not permanent, so I will get there at best speed.

Formerly, Godspeed

...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Revenant
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: ozHP6dh.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

I am baffled. This individual must have truly operated without other peers reviewing his work for safety. Imagine that, imploding several sectors from his foolish impatience and causing untold damage. But we are fortunate it did not come to that.

We are aware of the nature of such creations, we have had experience in dabbling with these... wounds in space-time, as it were. I would like to request of you to provide detailed scans and signatures of this rift and send it on our secure channels.

Would you be able to accomplish such?

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream

To: Revenant, Technocracy of Auxo
Subject: Return Trip

Already made it into Liberty Space. Not long now before I reach Puerto Rico.

I am equally impressed and concerned about this. My team will attempt to gather as much data as possible, in addition to this I shall request more information from Batsbak himself. The rift is located on the border of the Stellar Matter Stream, must make safety my top priority as the Neutron Star's pulses are quite extreme too.

Formerly, Godspeed