Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The wiki update status
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After some work on the system template(s), all of the Wiki's system pages now have v4.88.1 navmaps on them from the game and FLC taken from here. They seem to be working like they should for all system pages, and should be easier to update and thus more reliable than the JG/JH location table.

Other news for v4.88 is that all the commodity and ID pages should be up-to-date, making us about 17% done for v4.88 with 461 pages updated so far. For those who are following along at home and want to help, we've also got a relatively new code generator guide and an intro page with useful guidelines and information for updating the Wiki on them.

EDIT: Feedback on those - and anything else Wiki-related, for that matter - is of course as welcome as ever. : )
Thanks for the guide, I will update pages as much as I can
Hello

i added the item "Moonshine" to the wiki, is that ok?

Gz ribase
Moonshine isn't a commodity which isn't actually sold if I remember right. I don't see why it'd be a bad idea, just put a disclaimer on the top that the commodity isn't actually available to buy and haul around. If Moonshine was to ever become a commodity, the page would be overwritten with the correct information anyways.

I don't see a problem with it, just get that disclaimer in so people don't get the wrong idea. The Wiki was made for content embracing both the server, and what the players make up after all.
(04-13-2015, 06:27 PM)ribase Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

Gz ribase
That shouldn't be an issue; we've already got plenty of pages like these for RP commodities and items, but I'd suggest adding a description to it at some point as it doesn't really have much content on it right now beyond some sale locations and a name. I've added the Unfeatured template and removed the version and commodity disclaimer templates to clarify that it's not an in-game commodity.
(04-13-2015, 09:18 PM)Error Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2015, 06:27 PM)ribase Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

Gz ribase
That shouldn't be an issue; we've already got plenty of pages like these for RP commodities and items, but I'd suggest adding a description to it at some point as it doesn't really have much content on it right now beyond some sale locations and a name. I've added the Unfeatured template and removed the version and commodity disclaimer templates to clarify that it's not an in-game commodity.

Thanks! I wasn't sure how to add the disclaimer.

Gz ribase
I've done a few more improvifications to the wiki over the last few days, such as quite a few Javascript additions, a bit of stylesheet cleaning and some changes to the front page.

The most important one to note out of these is that the editing pages for most base, weapon and ship pages now have a shiny new "Generate code" button that grabs a fresh copy of wiki code from the code generator and compares it to the current revision of the page. This allows for quick copying of images, reviews and links from the old revision before saving the page, which saves quite a few copy-pasting round trips the code generator web page when updating wiki pages. Do please remember to read through the code generator guide before using it, as usual.

We've also gone up to about 19% completion since last time, which is a nice improvement. : )

EDIT: We're now closer to 20%, and the code generator plugin now actually copies over all reviews plus the ship image on ship pages, and the base images on base pages, which should make updating the Wiki even easier than before. For ship/base pages it is now mostly a case of clicking the "Generate code" button, adding a few wikilinks and clicking save. Smile

PS: )))))))))))))

EDIT2: We're now at about 27%, and the code generator plugin now /actually works/ on machines besides my own, sorry about that; had a little race condition in my script that I didn't notice before attempting to use it on a slightly faster/less busy computer. Tongue
Okay... If anyone has pictures of these I could use them.. I dont have the time to run around and get them myself *considers putting a bounty out on the pictures*
Casualties
Cracking Catalysts
drill bits
Energy Field Equipement
Fugitives
Gin
Gold Ore
Hydrocarbons
Hydrogen Cyanide
HydroGro
Holo-tainment bands
Iridium
Lanthanum
Lasers
Liberty Ale
Magnets
Med-Stasis Bands
Molybdenum
Nanotubes
Neodymium
Palladium
Propaganda
Rum
Sake
Samarium
Shape Memory Alloy
Solar Panels
Sorted Artifacts
tantalum
tellurium
tungsten
ultra alloy
vanadium
Vodka
Yttrium
Zinc
more will be listed as I get to them and the ones that I get will be removed
how do you want the pics? as in a screen in cargo hold or in shop?
Either way works, as long as I can pull the image and cut the commodity pic out.
Thank you.