Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The wiki update status
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've done some more upgrading on the wiki styles.
We now have automatic table alternating colours. Used on Class "sortable" only. I might also apply it to "wikitable" just so all tables have them. I'll need to figure that out as I don't yet know.

I fixed up some of the templates I could find, linking them to the Monobook.css file. Most templates colours are now controlled via Monobook. Same with backgrounds for most fields.

I removed an ugly border on the history pages. Selected now looks a little wobbly. I might need to add a border with the same colour as the background to fix that.

I removed manual styles on the Server Commands page, so that auto styling for alternating works correctly.

I encouraged some of the wiki editors in what they do.

Um... I forgot what else. I'm just doing whatever, whenever really.

-----------------

The IE css bug is puzzling me a bit. I have to do some research on how IE is messing up the CSS. If you read this and want to help, I still need IE8 screenshots of the Main page, a page history, a faction page and a system page ; jpg format, quality about 75, PM me.
Gunboat weaponary is now online.

Cruiser weaponary will come somewhen next week.
A whole bunch of pages.
  • Liberty Dreadnought - added Guard ID requirement and Battleship license statement.(this is aimed to help people browsing the ship pages to see what is required before buying the battleships.)
  • (Deletion log) - 2 redirects that weren't needed
  • Added {{incomplete}} to So that wiki editors can see at a glance what needs working on.
  • I made a semi navigation/see also section:
  • (Move log)
    • Umibozu to J50P-B3 "Umibozu" Kusari Bomber - Trying out the long name as page title. Short name as page redirect. the word Class is not to be part of the page title as it is going to be removed at some point.)

• Battleship License - fixed spelling mistakes
  • Template:System - did something I forgot.
  • Tohoku‎ - fixed template incorrectly applied.
  • Tekagi's Base - added redirect to Tekagi's Arch
  • Hiroshima - fixed spelling mistake
  • Template sandbox - removed old template

• Style Guide Ships - fixed up something. I forgot what.
  • Hujuk‎ - removed it from ships (bought), and added it to player ships (played/characters)
  • Talk:Main Page‎ - "fixed pages" with css
  • fixed up some weird CSS for (removing manual styles so that automatic works correctly)
  • Liberty Security Force - fixed some image problems
  • Liberty Security Force (player faction) - fixed some image problems

The New Systems page was updated (And changed from 'upcoming in 4.85' to 'upcoming in 4.86') by myself and Seth, for anyone interested in that information.
Updated the Angel wiki page:

The Angels
I made some, uhh, additions to the Piranha and Barracuda pages... though not really worth mentioning.. i'll work on some more ships...
- revamped Shadow Outast Brigade faction page
- added info about some OC systems
- updated OC Destroyer page
- took some in-game images & uploaded them to wiki
- corrected many typos across wiki
- working on level 5 turrets list
- (probably forgot a bunch of things)
Let me make a list of what I did since the begining.

- Updated dozens of ships to the last standards
- Finished making the missing ID pages
- Organizing all system pages with how much outdated they are.
http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?titl...eding_an_update

- Created a few missing system pages, updated the template and info on some others and completed a few.
' Wrote:Let me make a list of what I did since the begining.

- Updated dozens of ships to the last standards
- Finished making the missing ID pages
- Organizing all system pages with how much outdated they are.
http://discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?titl...eding_an_update

- Created a few missing system pages, updated the template and info on some others and completed a few.
And lil notice Hyung, the Tohoku template is outdated. While you updated the Tohoku page, you did it before the new template got implemented
Not sure what you mean, but add it to the pages to edit later page and I'll get to it when I can.

Or you could.... you know... fix it yourself XD

Edit: Actually I've researched those pages and I still have no idea what you mean. Be more plain please?
What Tohoku template? There's no such thing.
Tohoku page is / was fine.
I suspect we are talking about the same thing but in different ways.
I'M the one who applied the corrected template in the first place ... so what are you actually saying?
Edit2?:

I've updated some pages for better wiki editor streamlining.
Discovery Wiki:Pages to be edited later
Now this really is a TODO list. I might move the page, so that the name is more self-explanatory as well.

Completed Actions Archive
Template:Stub

All stubs now can have "reasons", or "Actions required". This does a similar thing to the "Pages to be edited later" page, but focuses the jobs more individually, on each page. Category:Stubs for pages that are incomplete, for any reason.

Add {{Stub|reason}} to any pages that need more info if you spot them but are unable to edit it yourself.

--------

I've also undone Trackpad.User's little mistake. In trying to "correct" what I had deliberately left in the template, you screwed up the correct data that I did input. If you are going to "correct" me on what I've done, you need to have better reasoning and skills than that.

I left those in deliberately so that in the future I or someone else can apply those informations to the System template, therefore making all the system pages update themselves automatically. If you remove them, then someone will have to manually add them later again anyway.

For now, please only apply the template in this way.
  • Change {{System_Infobox to {{System
  • Add the "|description =" field inside the system area
  • Move the "Synopsis description text" up to the description field
  • Remove "==Synopsis==" from the system page