Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Just a thought
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's kind of harsh to strip all credits from someone who is sanctioned right?

Think about it:

If I was saving 200mil to get a good dessie setup going, and I accidentally lagged out, I would lose it all, for one simple mistake, if I had the wrong ID and didn't realise that I was OORP, I would lose all the hard work.
10mil to a battleship is nothing.
10mil to a gunship is repairs for a month.
10mil to a fighter is alot.
10mil to a newb is a fortune.

Taking all the cash is totally unfair in my opinion.

What about percentages as a system? Take a percentage based on character/account/player worth and set amounts for each infringement.

We want to deter people from offending, not decapitate their gameplay.

Rule breaking is rule breaking, but too many innocent player are being shot at, and ruining their fun.
I know people who are to scared of being punished, they limit their RP or even not play.

Thoughts?
Are the Admins being abit too cavalier with their punishments?

No flames or ripping parties for opinions, just what do you think about the way its handled?

Transported by Mwerte's Movers to the correct subforum, that'll be 600 credits please. Carry on.
Wrong place to put it. This is discussions about the mod itself, not the community...

On your thoughts, the Admins rarely get it wrong. Remember it's their site, they can do whatever they damned want to do with it. We're guests.

-Seth
I'm guessing that people get 'accidently sanctioned' less than they get sanctioned justly. If some one were to lose all his holyness due to lag or something, the Admins (with brains. Not looking at you Joe. ) would I believe be possible to see this in the server operator program if the 'sanctioned' would mention it.

Sanctions are fine as they are. You actualy feel it now if you've done something wrong. And if you've been nicked unjustly? No harm done. Has happened before.

: It's Igiss', not the admin's.
No I mean, most of the time it's accidental 'whoopsies' anyway, it doesn't seem fair to rip all the credits someone has lying around.

And if its wrong, moderate away.

And there is no way anyone can possibly argue their points, it's already too late by the time they get their words out.
There've been quite some times when people got their stuff back. Doesn't happen often, but it does/did. If it's proven propperly, it's all set. If it's just 'well my brother wus on mah pee cee so he like haxed it and then like the net went so i got like sanctioned' then I fear you're in trouble.
For my first month or two of dedicated playing here, I was so jumpy about hitting a sanction for something that I allmost didn't role play at all.
Just, flying around doing allmost nothing, except echoing other people's role play.
To me, a newbie around here, it seemed that any and all my efforts shall go up in flames if I did a tiny mistake.
Maybe it was just me reading the Sanction threads too much, but that's how I saw it. Took time for me to relax and play with more enjoying.

And I still don't feel relaxed enough. Still sometimes I avoid doing something because I don't have experience about that thing, whatever it is.

I was thinking of mentioning something else, but lost my thoughts. If I remember, I shall either edit this post or add it.
I stopped reporting people ages ago, It always seems to get turned around on me, like the time my smuggler got destroyed undocking from manhattan about 5 times over.
"OH you preached the rules in system chat so now -200 mil lololololollol"
So, I dont report anymore. They do seem a bit harsh sometimes, Except for the swearing ones, they arent.
Same with the OORP equipment ones, those should be harsh to "coherse" them to change...
' Wrote:It's kind of harsh to strip all credits from someone who is sanctioned right?

Think about it:

If I was saving 200mil to get a good dessie setup going, and I accidentally lagged out, I would lose it all, for one simple mistake, if I had the wrong ID and didn't realise that I was OORP, I would lose all the hard work.
10mil to a battleship is nothing.
10mil to a gunship is repairs for a month.
10mil to a fighter is alot.
10mil to a newb is a fortune.

Taking all the cash is totally unfair in my opinion.

What about percentages as a system? Take a percentage based on character/account/player worth and set amounts for each infringement.

We want to deter people from offending, not decapitate their gameplay.

Rule breaking is rule breaking, but too many innocent player are being shot at, and ruining their fun.
I know people who are to scared of being punished, they limit their RP or even not play.
Thoughts?
Are the Admins being abit too cavalier with their punishments?

No flames or ripping parties for opinions, just what do you think about the way its handled?

Transported by Mwerte's Movers to the correct subforum, that'll be 600 credits please. Carry on.

I thought you were new and your fl didnt work on vista.
If the Rules weren't so harsh people wouldn't really take them so seriously, Ive been sanctioned before due to minor miss hap and a lack of communication from the other player, most of the more experienced players I hope would explain to you what you did wrong instead of getting you sanctioned. Instead of sending you over to the wrath of the holy ones.
Yeah I'd love to get back into playing Freelancer, specially with 4.85. Didn't get much time to play before we got a new computer...

All I can do is Skype people and roam the forums.

I just think it seems a bit unfair from what people tell me.
I'm not new, just uneducated in the last 6-7 months of Discovery...

One thing that worries me is having all my work lost if I have one silly accident.
Pages: 1 2 3