Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Mod: Ideas and Feature Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really have no idea how this 200 people thing goes with the server, but it would be nice to have more NPC's around because the whole Sirius sector is quite empty sometimes. In vanilla you basically got NPCs crawling all over the place.
Would be good for atmosphere. again I don't know if this is possible.
(06-01-2013, 05:15 PM)Karl Neumann Wrote: [ -> ]nice to have more NPC's around because the whole Sirius sector is quite empty sometimes.

NPCs increase server load, and spawn even during times when the server has 150+ people

I would however suggest NPCs be buffed- but optimized to reduce server load at the same time, eg. equipped with less but more powerful weapons with lower refire rate npc-weapons and npc-ships, and when you destroy them you get regular loot that has regular damage and refire rate.

This way we can have less NPCs with less server load that still pose a threat
I don't mean to say that NPC's need to cause a threat. My only point is that sometimes the "world" of freelancer is empty. I mean that I fly through 3 systems without seeing someone.
(06-01-2013, 08:18 PM)Karl Neumann Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mean to say that NPC's need to cause a threat. My only point is that sometimes the "world" of freelancer is empty. I mean that I fly through 3 systems without seeing someone.
Some systems are generating quite nice patrols, Karl dude. But, it's on only when player number is below 100 or something. Over 100 players makes server (and players) pretty busy and you always stumble into some troublemaker. So, it's never empty, imo.

However, if this is not good enough for you, try Genesis MOD v1.2. There are NPCs at every trade lane all the time, like in vanilla. Some remote systems generates capital ships patrols. But, if you like RP, stay here and don't loose your time.
No one uses freighters any more. Pity... so many beautiful models. They can change or die.

How about removing fighter's concept out and put bomber's?

- bomber EMP and Energy Turrets
- CD, SNAC and Nova
- mines
- able to carry some expensive CAU
- normal cruise speed

They would still be able to trade, OR to carry average CAU. Balance could come easier from just adjusting angles of turrets that are already there. TS/Zoom players would use that sluggish hybrids mostly I guess, so ALL turrets. They should survive light bomber's attack somehow, but not too often.

P.S. And they could exclusively use... you know... bombs. Some big sluggish anti-cap Nova mines. No skill - no hit. Not like torpedoes at all.
Another Idea I've got is to reduce the shields and health of all ships. Because sometimes fights take a little too long and I think that then you could use surprise to destroy someone. Now sometimes people just stop fighting and let themselfes be destroyed because the fight already took 30mins and they just don't want anymore.
Would be nice to hear how other people think about this.
(06-03-2013, 01:11 PM)Karl Neumann Wrote: [ -> ]I think that then you could use surprise to destroy someone.
This would make you killed while trying to type something or start some RP.

Use good old SNAC to surprise someone. Everyone's surprised when SNAC-ked. Mine + razor and double-mine + CD are nice too. And prepare to die a lot while trying.
Outcast Destroyer Turret could use a new effect instead of the current odd very very thin red laser:

[Image: Pi_laser_04_proj.png]

...at least make them looking bigger in appearence like the OC Cruiser Turret effects are, thank you.
MOAR lIceColon Ideas on transferring cargo between players- useful both for transferring between your own chars and transferring cargo wthout having to be online:

/givecargo [charname] [cargo] [quantity]

/accept [charname] [cargo] [quantity] [dumprest]

how this works:

you park your ship "ship1" in a station

you type

/givecargo ship2 oxygen 500

ship2 arrives at the same station, and gets a prompt:

accept 500 oxygen from ship1?

so ship2 then types (after he has cleared out 500 cargo space)

/accept ship1 oxygen 500

if ship2 doesn't want the oxygen or he simply hasn't enough cargo space, he could still type

/accept ship1 oxygen 100

to only accept 100 cargo in which case the next time he docks he will be prompted

accept 400 oxygen from ship1?

or he could use

/accept ship1 oxygen 100 dump

to accept 100 oxygen and destroy the rest.

as long as ship1 stays in the station, ship2 can come withdraw the oxygen at any time.

this way cargo/equipment transfer can be achieved without the risk of too much abuse.
^^^^^
No.
Dock 1 ship at a buying location
and dock another at selling locations
and then trade without moving at all.