Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: QCP to the COZ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Edward grins at the Doctor, visibly pleased.

Very well then. I could point out that your destroyed trader was hauling goods through a warzone into Kusari, and our proposed treaty would have protected that ship. I could point out that the Zoners don't supply Bretonia with anything they can't get from somewhere else... Indeed, Zoner trade makes up an extremely small amount of Bretonian imports, and your precious 'iridium' is available in Liberty, not three systems away from Bretonia. I could point out that the Port Jackson lease agreement is signed for ten years and neither you nor anyone else has the authority to prematurely end it, try reading the contract sometime. I could point out that it's impossible to be racist versus an organization rather than an ethnicity. And I could point out that threats by the Zoners against the House of Bretonia are laughably hilarious. But I don't think I need to point any of that out, since it's all quite obvious.

Oh, and just so you know, we are interested in credits, very interested, but no one made an offer.

Edward stands, gives the Doctor a nod, and heads out the opposite door.
*sits back down, looking rather......chipper*

Mr. Hawkings,

Well, I could throw a pile of credits in your general direction but for several reasons, I won't. One, I don't trust Mr. Stuart to hold his end of any deal nor to behave himself. Two, I suspect that later on you all will not be satisfied again and attempt to extort us again and lastly, the Council has said no.

Our NFZ laws are made and most adhere to them. Minus a few offenders who are dealt with, must respect them. As we said, they are there for a reason. So on that front, we have nothing further to talk about.

In fact, I don't think we have much to discuss at this point anyway. So, "Age quod agis," you all will anyway. *smiles* In pace requiescat.

*With a smile, he exits*
Just a wee reminder to all you so-called peaceniks.

My folks and I won't be tolerating the sickening trade in slavery and organs brutally harvested from unwilling patients which oh-so-many Zoners appear to be engaged in at present.

Unlike yourselves, when we see such barbarity, we do something about it.

In fact, add that to our list of demands: The Zoners will outlaw illegal trade in human organs (disgusting, I know), as well as the slave trade, and will actively seek to stamp both of said trades out. It's only civilised, after all.

Of course, my apologies for speaking instead of our respected ambassador, but I assumed it was acceptable since you did switch your representative too, if I am not mistaken.

Your loving pal,

Andy the Privateer, King of the Zoners
**To the bunch of self-righteous pirates (sic!)**

Don't make statements you have no evidence off.

First: Organs that we deliver to Gran Canaria's clinics come from the FP XV. So, it is Zoner-only concern to begin with.

Second: Zoners do not commit murders. We try to rescue and cure as many pilots and victims out there as we can. Doc Holliday did more for medicine himself then any other scientist or institution in Sirius. Those unfortunate man and women which are brought to us from all over the Sirius and don't survive serve to those that have some chance. They do that by donating their organs. That's how the organ donor program works in the civilized world. And unlike the lot of you us - the Zoners are civilized. You kill them - we save them. Huge difference.

Third: Where did you get an impression that you have any rights to come to our home and property and give orders and make demands? Even people of Canaria and employees in the docking rings deny you the rights of landing on the planet. You're clearly not wanted there, so go and torture defenceless traders somewhere else.

Forth: You broke Zoner laws that were recognised even by the Crown that you claim you fight for. That way you are braking the laws of Bretonia as well. Not to mention the bad name you already earned for yourself.

Fifth: There was certain agreement that was reached between your leadership and CoZ. With mischiefs you committed today in Omega 49 and other times and places you just proved that your word is as fragile as your moral.

With that, I conclude my last message to you. You are not worthy of mine (and for that matter anybody's) time and energy. Eventually your poisonous bitterness will eat you from inside out and you will take only the exit left to you. If you were smart enough to learn something from the rich history you claim to have a knowledge of you would realise that that's the way the story ends for your kind.

May the peace be upon you

signed: Mohammad-Sadiq Al Noori of the CoZ

**End of message**
***Signal terminated***
' Wrote:**To the bunch of self-righteous pirates (sic!)**

Don't make statements you have no evidence off.

First: Organs that we deliver to Gran Canaria's clinics come from the FP XV. So, it is Zoner-only concern to begin with.

Second: Zoners do not commit murders. We try to rescue and cure as many pilots and victims out there as we can. Doc Holliday did more for medicine himself then any other scientist or institution in Sirius. Those unfortunate man and women which are brought to us from all over the Sirius and don't survive serve to those that have some chance. They do that by donating their organs. That's how the organ donor program works in the civilized world. And unlike the lot of you us - the Zoners are civilized. You kill them - we save them. Huge difference.

Third: Where did you get an impression that you have any rights to come to our home and property and give orders and make demands? Even people of Canaria and employees in the docking rings deny you the rights of landing on the planet. You're clearly not wanted there, so go and torture defenceless traders somewhere else.

Forth: You broke Zoner laws that were recognised even by the Crown that you claim you fight for. That way you are braking the laws of Bretonia as well. Not to mention the bad name you already earned for yourself.

Fifth: There was certain agreement that was reached between your leadership and CoZ. With mischiefs you committed today in Omega 49 and other times and places you just proved that your word is as fragile as your moral.

With that, I conclude my last message to you. You are not worthy of mine (and for that matter anybody's) time and energy. Eventually your poisonous bitterness will eat you from inside out and you will take only the exist left to you. If you were smart enough to learn something from the rich history you claim to have a knowledge of you would realise that that's the way the story ends for your kind.

May the peace be upon you

signed: Mohammad-Sadiq Al Noori of the CoZ

**End of message**
***Signal terminated***

First: I don't care, you freak, we know what you're up to. Otherwise you wouldn't make up all sorts of stupid stories trying to bull your way out of our accusations. One of your friends actually claimed to have five hundred family members, each in need of ten tonnes of organs in transplants. Sound fishy, eh? We know you're a bunch of corpse-hacking slavers. You'd make slavery illegal if you weren't.

Second: A dentist that believes that deuterium, a hydrogen isotope, is poisonous can sell all the snake oil he wants.

Third: You save lives. By harbouring Corsairs. You know, those bastards that perpetrated the only nuclear holocaust in the history of the colonies.

Fourth: We don't respect your laws. In fact, we spit on them, since they protect murderers, slavers and butchers of women and children.

Fifth: Our leadership? Excuse me, I'm the bloody leader of this outfit, you clown.

With that, up yours, Zoner. You are not the Council of Zoners' assigned representative, nor its leader. I demand to speak to an assigned ambassador or someone of authority, as opposed to some mere butcher's boy.

-Sir Andrew Stuart
Ambassador Holliday enters the chamber where Sir Andrew Stuart sits. As he sits, he seems....collective and calm

Ah, Sir Andrew, you may not be but I am glad that we finally get the chance to meet. I kindly request that if we are going to talk that we do so professionally. If you can't find it to do so then we will have little to talk about. I know I can.
I do apologize for Mr. Al Noori. He wasn't authorized by anyone to speak out. I will reprimand him myself.

We do have some issues to discuss. I have already made one show of good faith. Many want me to add QCP to the "Hostiles" list but I have not. Are you willing to discuss things as professionals?

He sits, leaning on his arms, awaiting a response.
I am, of course, a professional, sir.

As you can see, terms have been proposed by my unfortunate ambassador, a man I hold in extremely high esteem for a large number of reasons.

Now, I must put forth an important point: I personally am not caring if you like our terms, or agree with our motivations for their proposals. Personal opinions on such matters are, effectively, irrelevant.

Unfortunately, realpolitik must come into play, and you must realise that we are an utter divergence ideologically, my good sir. That being said, we are also fully aware that negotiations in this instance is the only civilised option available to us, and we, we Bretonians at least, like you of the Zoner Movement, are civilised people.

Therefore, in spite of your walking out on what we truly believed to be peace talks with the best of intent, we shall be happy to extend yet another olive branch, should you show yourself to be willing to negotiate.

I offer my thanks for your offer to discipline your subordinate in this matter, but I would ask that instead of punishing him for his loose tongue, which was an easily forgiven, rather trivial matter, that you attempt to shut down his barbaric shipments of harvested human organs, which I personally witnessed. He may in fact be ignorant of the sourcing of such so-called 'medical supplies', but since he is not purchasing from a reputable source, it can only be violently stolen vital organs or, at the very best (and most unlikely), from the very morally questionable act of cloning.

I eagerly await your correspondence.

Yours,

Sir Andrew Stuart
Very well then, Mr. Stuart. With a little work, I believe we can come to a mutual agreement and understanding.

Doc then places a bottle on the table
This is a bottle of Gallic Wine. It's quite good and very hard to get. I offer it as a good will gesture. Perhaps if things work out, I may be able to get more.

*folds hands together as he rests on his arms*

I am greatful for another chance at this. I walked out on Mr. Hawkins out of shear frustration. I think what helps this time out is that I found trust in some other Zoners to handle some other matters thus freeing me up to focus on this. I will apologize to Mr. Hawkins myself in due time.

On the matter of human organs, I know many Zoners who would agree with you, present company included. I don't think we'll have too much trouble on this one. I do believe that Cryer Pharmaceuticals are the major suppliers for these. I will admit that on occasion I do get some for my own research and medical use. My staff, largely Bretonian, has saved many lives with them and have begun medical advances.

Since the transport of them is considered contraband in all houses, I will give on this one. I will also say this. Zoners know about the transport of contraband. If they are caught, they aren't given protection by the Council. Should we get to a final draft, this concession will be on it.

Now I have one thing I will ask of you. We quite often use the route through the Taus, Kyushu and Shikoku for two reasons. One, it is one of the routes we use to supply Ames Research Facility in Kepler with deuterium. It is also a route we use when we ship niobium from Freeport 10 in Tau 37 to New York or goods from New York. It's a long way around otherwise. Yes, I know the Taus are a warzone but we keep moving and don't hang around. Rest assured, if you or your men are blocking trade from/to Kusari, you won't get any flack from us except maybe the tip of a hat.

*sits back and yields to Mr. Stuart*
Dr. John Holliday
On deuterium, I believe that some of my associates may be able to inform you of speedier routes and shortcuts, thanks to some rather liberal bribes helping us befriend some explorers of jumpholes and the like.

Some routes, via Liberty, appear to be slower on paper, but may actually save time, and also tend to be much safer for travellers, thanks to the fact that Liberty and Bretonia do not have xenophobic gangsters such as the Hogosha strongly influencing events.

Admittedly, there is likely a Hacker and Rogue presence on the route, but less risky than the dangerous Outcasts in the Taus, as well as the large amounts of pirates (and privateers) that plague Kusari, of various stripes.

On Niobium, you will find that Bretonia is an exporter of this metal. If purchased from Bretonian concerns, such as the BMM or loyalist IMG groups, and shipped to whosoever you wish to export it to (Kusari excepted), you would find my followers and I more than willing to furnish you with what limited assistance we may be able to offer at such a time.

Now, since talks have resumed, I will have my men stand down, for the moment at least, and I shall await a proposal from yourself. Please remember that we will need some encouragement to keep the peace, unfortunately, since we are still at an extreme difference of opinion on multiple issues.

Thank you again for putting the time and effort into these talks, which must be understandably stressful for yourself. Unfortunately, we live in interesting times.

Yours,

Sir Andrew Stuart
Before we started I asked all Zoners to stand down. Anyone registered with the Council should have gotten that word.

I would be interested in a learning some of the routes of which you speak. Something tells me I probably know of a few of them but not all. Still, we like having available the route that I spoke of. You can rest easy knowing that no one along that route is interested in either niobium or deuterium. You are correct though, the piracy in Kyushu has increased a lot of late. I hear it from traders quite often.

I think rather then coming up with a formal proposal from either of us, I would suggest discussing each issue. For the most part, their are only really a couple of issues that are real sticking points. I know for me it's easier to focus on one, work it out and then go to the next. Perhaps after we have we can finally put together a draft. I do know that a big one was NFZ law which was recently changed to be more flexible.

Yes, times are indeed interesting. For the first time in awhile, I feel more able to sit and discuss these matters without feeling overworked.

Yours,
Dr. John Henry Holliday
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8