Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mining Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
4.85 Mining Update

Some minutes ago Cannon announced to me over a call that he was shutting down the server to upload the update, so it seemed that it'd be best to get this out the door. As such it might be a tad more spartan (kick) than one might hope.

But, without further ado.

[color=#FFCC66]Credits.

Cannon, for the guiding vision, organization, flhook code, testing, commodity sale design, field design, testing and making this expansion both possible and actual.

Blodo, for commodity design, coding, field design and testing and inforcards.

NEXUS and Seth Karlo for field design.

The Skinny

We're going to be powering up the mining mod very slowly. We've made a lot of changes and there are a lot of things to make happen. I will be updating you to new changes as they happen and providing more comprehensive guides.

As of right now the mining mod is turned OFF.

This means that there are no ID/IFF/Ship bonuses to mining. So do not report low yeilds.

However, we have turned on an experimental system which will provide sale bonuses to different commodities at different locations. So while your hold will fill slowly, you can still make money.

Commodity Sell List

Local Sell Points:

Niobium, Leeds New London, New London
Niobium, Tau-37 Java Station, Tau-23
Diamonds, Omega11 Ring, New Berlin
Diamonds, Dresden Ring, New Berlin
Platinum, Pennsylvania Pueblo Station, Colorado

Distant Sell Points:

Niobium, New Tokyo
Diamonds, New Tokyo
Diamonds, New Tokyo
Platinum, New London

Field Changes

[color=#99FF99]Liberty

Platinum added to the ring of planet Tremont. The large green one you see on your left when you undock from Erie.

Bretonia

Three new gold fields added to Dublin, all to the northeast.

New Beryllium field added to Cambridge, between the Cambridge/New London Jumpgate.

Toxic Waste added to Leeds smug fields.

Rheinland

New Fields added to Omega 11, the further you go from Solarius station the stronger the fields become. Each new "mini field" is marked by a nav buoy.

New Omega 7 mining fields added further abroad. These new fields will be the ones with a mining bonus.

New Dresden mining fields added further abroad. These new fields will be the ones with a mining bonus.

Kusari

Alien Organisms added to Sigma 19 and Hokkaido

The Taus

New Niobium field added to Tau-37, between Faulkland and the Alpha cloud.

Tau-23 Niobium fields moved to the left side of the map
interesting. thank you very much
The IMG sends its regaurds for this message. Thank you
righto, time to see my new profits near java.

EDIT: can us mollys get some decent mining?
I tried mining now, but with 500 niobium ore in one hour it seems rather unprofitable. Even if it sells for 1100 or so at Java Station.
Ah sorry just noticed that you dont want such posts.. sorry...

Cheers Carole
No, Will, Mollies, though miners, will never be able to make money mining gold, just as the bomber patrols in Gallia will never go away.
Um, with the powercore iN nebulae Bit, How do you mine there?
What kind of a mining bonus were are talking about?
Do you plan on re-activating the regular Mining Mod in the future?
If not, doesn't that make the Mining Ship worthless?
I am extremely excited about these new spots.

I hope there is a good multiplier and or a faster drop rate for the toxic waste. Right now, at the moment: to fill my ALG Heavy mover, I will need to shoot nearly 6 thousand rocks to get 4,700 in my hold; and to do that will take several hours.

Any who, I hope it will, when the mod gets fininshed. I will start removing waste from leads as to what my job entails. Thanks looking forward the changes.

EDIT: Tip, to quicken your mining percentage for toxic waste, move forward at around 15 (speed) and shoot the particles as you go by. It is as if you are a trauler doing cleanup. Its a small improvement then just sitting there waiting for the particles to come by.

MINING TIP for all: Tired of NPC nocking you about? or Those pesky rocks floating about by you? Even your untractored ore moving your ship casusing you to uncontrolably bump around? Here is the solution:
1. Set a way point about 1k from you (No less becuase it might clear its self as you reaching it.)
2. Hit F2 as if you are going to it.
3. If your ship begins to cruise: Cancel it.
4. Use your reverse and or mouse wheel to stop engine, do this till you are at a complete stop.

Now what happens is that you ship will be in the "go to" mode to your waypoint but is not moving forward, so any time you get bumped, bashed, or jostled your ship will return to its original position. You can even select other targets and shoot items.
*As long as you dont select another item to go to or reach the nav point less than 1k, your ship will continue to return to its original position. You can even go to mouse mode in non turret selection move around and when returning to turret or non mouse mode the ship will return to its original position.**

I hope this has helped, good luck mining.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6