Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hide the location of players.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hello.

Just one thing to prevent meta gaming. (imo)

[Image: olol-0841962e85.jpg]

It is possible to remove the "system" part ?

In my opnion, the game could be really better if we can't know where are others people.

I participated at the event with Zoners and because of this, we knew some Nomads were trapping us in a system. if the "system" part was removed, the trap would have worked and we didn't had to change route to avoid them...

It could be really more in RP to hide or eraze this part.

What do think ? And, of course, it's possible with game mechanics etc ?
<strike>Don't think so.</strike> Hope not.
This does annoy people who want to use system information in OORP though... Instead they have to ask, etc....
EDIT: Hey wait... That's not a normal copy of Freelancer! It's modified! HAX!
' Wrote:<strike>Don't think so.</strike> Hope not.
This does annoy people who want to use system information in OORP though... Instead they have to ask, etc....
EDIT: Hey wait... That's not a normal copy of Freelancer! It's modified! HAX!

Another language.

Leave it as is.
' Wrote:EDIT: Hey wait... That's not a normal copy of Freelancer! It's modified! HAX!

It's called French language.
Actually, Order|McCormick stumbled across the Keepers (he was coming from Minor to join the convoy) and it was then that the course was altered. At least going by the group chat I was in (the Leonardo, Gamma wing, some others). I believe a scout wing had also headed in there, but I'm not sure if it made contact with the Nomads or not.

Back on-topic: I'm pretty indifferent to it, really.
It would be more interesting if this was to take place.
As I use the the system info for when I am on my trader.(IE to avoid known pirates)
' Wrote:Actually, Order|McCormick stumbled across the Keepers (he was coming from Minor to join the convoy) and it was then that the course was altered. At least going by the group chat I was in (the Leonardo, Gamma wing, some others). I believe a scout wing had also headed in there, but I'm not sure if it made contact with the Nomads or not.

Back on-topic: I'm pretty indifferent to it, really.

True, but it was just an exemple. Remove the "system" part could add more realism and fun. Means you don't know what you will find when jumping to another system...
Leave it as it is, the whole point of a neural net is to give pilots a chance ( slim perhaps ) of actually foiling the enemy.

But from my pov, how can you see where your own faction ( group ) players are if you need them?

This to me IS RP.

EDIT: Only fool would jump into a system not knowing what lies ahead.
' Wrote:It's called French language.
I was joking Kelt... -_-
JWCorsair, that is metagaming... Although I know a lot of people that use this... Noone can get evidence to prove you did it...
EDIT: And this would involve client side hard code editing - making things unstable.
Hmm, in some way good idea, would add suprise factor when jumping in next system, and would stop metagaming, but you can RP it aswell, some advanced stations have tehncology for scanning nearby systems and etc. But it wouldn't be so good, when you need to locate your faction members and similar stuff, not sure would it have more pozitive then negative sides.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10