Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Reichstag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Not a faction as such but something I'd planned to develop a long, long while ago, and did have a big wall of text saved in my PM's but that got deleted in the forum wipes. I'll keep it brief.

The Reichstag, that is the Rheinland government, exists according to the news bulletins, and their meetings supposedly get quite heated. In one (now removed) bulletin the representative of Dresden throws a chair at the representative of Hamburg.

What I'm proposing here is the formation of the Rheinland government, it's been done before in Bretonia. This would make economic, license and diplomacy decisions, whilst leaving the military matters to the RM. It would consist of one representative from each Rheinland state owned system, and corporate members, with Chancellor Rheinhardt at the head.

Opinions? Interest? Suggestions? Volunteers?
great idea. i hope it doesnt dies like other good ideas
If you need a minister of one of the states or something I could try my hand I suppose.

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention that I really like the sounds of this sort of thing, from any House, as there is hardly enough Political RP from any of the Houses to justify why they do what they do, or why things are the way they are in each specific House, So yeah, I really like this idea and ideas like it.
I like it. Sounds like a great RP idea
' Wrote:Opinions?
I like where this is going, i hope you will hold on to those ideas.

' Wrote:Interest?
Not interested personally, but I'd like to see this implemented everywhere, not just Rheinland

' Wrote:Suggestions?
Consult with RM, but do it anyway. Its not metagaming as long as they agree with you, but then again...
this server and its community function on a first-come-first-serve basis ;)

' Wrote:Volunteers?
too busy.

good luck.
One thing I will say is that this sort of thing will only function with the consent of the various lawful factions in Rheinland. The reason the Bretonian Government works is because all the Bretonian lawful factions support it. It doesn't hurt to have the various faction leaders double as Government Ministers, either, so they are always aware of what the Government is doing, and it doesn't step on any toes.
Oooh.
This sounds positively tantalising... I'd be very very interested in something like this.
First of all it would be the "Bundestag" not "Reichstag", Rheinland is a federal republic, not an empire.
Aside from that its a great idea, haveing some govermental representatives and some political roleplay...and elections:P

A representitive (or two for Berlin, Stuttgart and Hamburg) sounds good, as well as at least one from the lawful factions as well as The Bundschuh and the LWB, the last two have still very powerful friends in the Government, so they should have a place there too.
Quote:The Bundschuh and the LWB, the last two have still very powerful friends in the Government, so they should have a place there too.

"Hallo nice lady!"

A new chance for Udo to impose his pitiful cuteness amongst the ranks of a major government and garner support for the Farmers of Stuttgart!

Do eet!
' Wrote:If you need a minister of one of the states or something I could try my hand I suppose.
Let's see what numbers there are and where everybody fits best and muddle through from there. But I'm happy for whoever has real interest to have a role.

' Wrote:Consult with RM, but do it anyway. Its not metagaming as long as they agree with you, but then again...
this server and its community function on a first-come-first-serve basis ;)
' Wrote:One thing I will say is that this sort of thing will only function with the consent of the various lawful factions in Rheinland. The reason the Bretonian Government works is because all the Bretonian lawful factions support it. It doesn't hurt to have the various faction leaders double as Government Ministers, either, so they are always aware of what the Government is doing, and it doesn't step on any toes.
I agree, I did get Virus' approval yonks ago when I originally thought this up (back at the end of .84 possibly) but leadership/the mod/the factions have changed since then. That's one of the purposes of this thread, not as an "This is what we will do" but as an "This is an idea, does everyone like it?". I'm of the opinion that anybody who has real interest can be included, and faction co-operation is a key element. Also, military decisions would not be included.

' Wrote:First of all it would be the "Bundestag" not "Reichstag", Rheinland is a federal republic, not an empire.
Aside from that its a great idea, haveing some govermental representatives and some political roleplay...and elections:P
A representitive (or two for Berlin, Stuttgart and Hamburg) sounds good, as well as at least one from the lawful factions as well as The Bundschuh and the LWB, the last two have still very powerful friends in the Government, so they should have a place there too.
It's referred to as 'Reichstag' in the infocards, and has done since vanilla, and as was Germany's government between 1871 and 1942. However, I do agree that as Rheinland is a federal state, this name is a bit oxymoronic. On the flipside, it's not my call to change it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5